Echo

The end of Shouting Win Kid?

I enter every set I get, I have yet to win anything. But I'm sure there are winners out there somewhere.

I always thought this was Lego's way of trolling us AFOLs. :laugh:

Especially since he lasted a good 3 or 4 years on every non-Friends lego set.

I noticed this on Benny's Spaceship too. Orange jacketed fig with a red cup - perhaps the same one Tragic Banjo mentions.

I agree it's a great move. Even as a kid I hated seeing other kids in Lego catalogues, they always look so self-satisfied.

You must have despised Zack the Lego Maniac then... Even watching his commercials makes me feel annoyed at his overbearing smugness...

Well.....All i can say is

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

14126164679_9202c949e1_c.jpg004 by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

We all owe that robot a lot of thanks :grin: .

Are going to list sets without the shouting win kid?

70160 has the green ninja.

60032 has a firefighter.

Play well,

Maniac4Bricks :)

I think the kid is sort of hypnotizing. I mean, I can't look away it's so bad. I always laughed to myself thinking about what that photo shoot was like. What did they have that kid saying for the pics? Stupid kid.

Okay, obviously many people have had enough with that crazy boy, what about her? She is giving a sweet smile, not a hideous shouting :tongue: . (All from Silentmode.tvbelow)

10.jpg

048.jpg

And as result, the Lady Robot.... uh, no, Emma takes the seat instead? I wonder why TLC wouldn't call Max and Nina back. It would also be interesting to feature more characters in differet advertising.

Edited by Dorayaki

Okay, obviously many people have had enough with that crazy boy, what about her? She is giving a sweet smile, not a hideous shouting :tongue: .

She looks a bit creepy to me. And why is she bent over like a hunchback?

The girl's better than the Win kid, but theirs something about her, sinister, like she's concealing a machete or knows something I don't know with a very suspicious smile.

I know I've already commented, but I've been sorting 1000 plus instruction manuals, and the win kid on the back of the City Chinook is massive. These huge, unblinking eyes...Scared the hell out of me at one in the morning yesterday.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

The girl's better than the Win kid, but theirs something about her, sinister, like she's concealing a machete or knows something I don't know with a very suspicious smile.

I know I've already commented, but I've been sorting 1000 plus instruction manuals, and the win kid on the back of the City Chinook is massive. These huge, unblinking eyes...Scared the hell out of me at one in the morning yesterday.

It's her Kubrick stare.

I'm going to miss the absurdity of the "Win" kids, but I'm sure a friendly minifigure will better convince kids and families to fill out a survey than a terrifying vessel of unfettered competitive zeal.

I still laugh out loud saying the words 'shouty win kid' its priceless ;-)

She looks a bit creepy to me. And why is she bent over like a hunchback?

Ok glad I'm not the only one that found something deeply unsettling about Win Girl. Win Kid looked like he would annoy me. Win Girl looks like she has already worked out where to hide the body and how much cleanup will be involved.

You must have despised Zack the Lego Maniac then... Even watching his commercials makes me feel annoyed at his overbearing smugness...

Yes he's horrid. But thankfully after my dark age began.

I distinctly recall scribbling violently over the faces of the two girls in a meadow giggling over their Scala jewellery. I hated them every moment more and more.

Okay, obviously many people have had enough with that crazy boy, what about her? She is giving a sweet smile, not a hideous shouting :tongue: . (All from

My favourite gag ever from SilentMode was when he named her "Gewinneth"

Just got Emmet's construction mech today and so happy to see a male mini-figure on the back!! I'll have to take a photo.

I had never seen the win girl, I don't buy the right sets I guess to have come across her. Thanks for sharing the photo...haha!

From SilentMode's Mall review:

048.jpg

It seems Emma has gotten a bit full of herself, and challenged Gewinne!th to a duel… and won. Standing victorious over her pummelled corpse, Emma flexes her muscle and claims the trophy, as she proudly takes the title of “WIN”.

I noticed this on Benny's Spaceship too. Orange jacketed fig with a red cup - perhaps the same one Tragic Banjo mentions.

I agree it's a great move. Even as a kid I hated seeing other kids in Lego catalogues, they always look so self-satisfied.

In the 80's they used to have a picture of a random kid playing with the set on the inside flaps of the box. Even back then I thought it was strange, why is there some random kid on my Lego box showing me how to play with my toy? :laugh:

3272_l.jpg

openedboxflap.jpg

I think the boy is now around 16-ish and happy his picture wont be used for promoting lego anymore. :wink:

About the girl, It's I think not only the (Kubrick smile), but probably that the photographer said to the girl: "Smile!"

She did, and her smile was not a real smile because it is difficult to smile and look like real and we can see that.

I think the girl comes out of your playset at night and stands next to your bed while watching you with that smile

I think the girl comes out of your playset at night and stands next to your bed while watching you with that smile

Well, I wasn't planning to sleep tonight anyway... :distressed:

Every time I see the title of this thread (like just now) I say "thank God"...

In the 80's they used to have a picture of a random kid playing with the set on the inside flaps of the box. Even back then I thought it was strange, why is there some random kid on my Lego box showing me how to play with my toy? :laugh:

They may have had slow fashion sense but at least they weren't ever pulling terrible faces that made you cringe.

:head_back::look:

I wonder what the kid looks like now.

And did anybody EVER win from filling out this questionnaire?

And did anybody EVER win from filling out this questionnaire?

I read some where over the internet some people wining a set or two.

I got my Ghostbusters set yesterday, and on the back cover of the book, shouting win kid... I guess they got printed a while ago to still have the kid and not something new.