Hello everyone,

I've thought about the LEGO Simpsons episode in relation to other LEGO licensed releases to DVD and Blu-Ray, and I wanted to start an open discussion about some of the questions below:

1. How will the LEGO Simpsons episode "Brick Like Me" be released? Would it be with the Season box set, or an independent release for LEGO fans?

2. When can we expect it released?

3. If it was an independent release, what type of exclusive minifigure could we expect with it?

Although I have no information about its release, I created this topic to offer up predictions and possibilities for what the future may hold. Please be respectful to all user's comments; everyone's opinion is welcome and if questioned must not be done in a harmful way.

In my opinion, I hope it's a separate release since LEGO fans may be less willing to buy an expensive box set for just one episode's worth (unless they like the Simpsons or have already bought it on iTunes for $2.99).

If it has an exclusive figure, I wouldn't imagine LEGO making a new Simpsons mold for a figure. They typically create a variation of an existing figure for these DVD/Blu-Ray releases. I predict it would be a variation of Homer or Bart, never made before but changed by color or printing. For example, Bart in his original clothes from the original Simpsons shows when he had a blue shirt and blue shorts. Or maybe Homer in one of thousands of outfits he's worn before.

Play well,

Maniac4Bricks :)

^True. I haven't kept up on the release schedule, but they typically are released a little slower since it had such a backlog of seasons to transfer to DVD. Plus, being specialized, I'd expect it to be released on its own. However, I can't imagine it being that expensive considering it is ONE episode..so I don't know how good of a money maker it will be.

They will likely do what they did with bart wars (the Star wars themed episode), Where they will put a fancy lego themed cover on the front, Throw in 3 unrelated episodes and charge £4.99, That sounds realistic and fair to me.

^True. I haven't kept up on the release schedule, but they typically are released a little slower since it had such a backlog of seasons to transfer to DVD. Plus, being specialized, I'd expect it to be released on its own. However, I can't imagine it being that expensive considering it is ONE episode..so I don't know how good of a money maker it will be.

Thank you for the information about it's release date, as well as Cult_Of_Skaro 's input. I was not aware of the season release rate but that is good to know for me so I can feel secure about when to expect the DVD release, if outside of the season box.

The Joker1 , I'm not sure if I can agree with that but I would like to expect that. Considering the recent LEGO releases of TV spots (such as but not limited to, The Empire Strikes Out, Batman: The Movie and The Yoda Chronicles), I would expect the "Brick Like Me" episode to be an independent release with the only feature on the DVD to be that episode. I would like to hope for a few other episodes, and that price seems a little low, but I'm still trying to be familiar with currency conversions, sorry. I would expect it to cost about $10-$15 USD.

Thank you all so far for your contributions! :)

Play well,

Maniac4Bricks :)

Edited by Maniac4Legos

I think that we'll get an independent release, hopefully with a new fig like Sunday Best Homer.