DaleDVM

Brickworld Chicago 2014 Countdown Chatter and Pizza Party.

Just a reminder... You now have only 3 weeks left until the mixer party Wednesday night. Does anyone have any last minute building? Worse yet... is anyone waiting for bricklink orders to arrive so they can finish building? :wacko: That would be my current situation.

Less for those of us flying out a few days early *oh2*

Pfff, don't remind me. I still have tons of details to work out on a bunch of new stuff I'm bringing. Still waiting on three BL orders, will probably need to make a few more last minute orders.

Don't forget the GUITAR.

:look:

That is sad beatpoet... I hope you get to enjoy the public hours. You are still allowed to come up and say hello.

No worries, its my own fault. I'm heading up that way regardless, I usually go to Chicago a couple times a year to visit friends and go record shopping so I'll likely spend the Thursday and Friday in Chicago instead(already requested it off work) and then head up for the public stuff on the weekend. Will definitely say hello to any fellow eurobrick folks that I run across.

Edited by beatpoet

Not this time. That's BrickWorld Tampa.

Huh? No, I meant he owes me one of his LEGO Guitars

6947470296_ef0124bed7_m.jpg

Delivery due BW!

No worries, its my own fault. I'm heading up that way regardless, I usually go to Chicago a couple times a year to visit friends and go record shopping so I'll likely spend the Thursday and Friday in Chicago instead(already requested it off work) and then head up for the public stuff on the weekend. Will definitely say hello to any fellow eurobrick folks that I run across.

Yes definitely drop by! We'll be hard to miss :grin:

Huh? No, I meant he owes me one of his LEGO Guitars

6947470296_ef0124bed7_m.jpg

Delivery due BW!

Don't worry Sci. It's all ready to go!

It's all the other stuff that I need to finish building.

It is so exciting! I don't even know what my own LUG members are bringing! :wub: 19 days...

OK Stash... so I knew what some of my LUG members are bringing! :thumbup:

Hello! I am coming (finally) for the first time ever. I'm not showing anything, but I'll be hanging out the whole time as an all-access registrant.

I'll be there again this year bringing another display, a little bit smaller than last year, but hopefully more detailed. I've been working around the clock to finish it up.

I am mostly looking forward to the pizza and to see what Dale has added to his massive display, I seriously could spend just one day looking at that thing!

Have you brought any fruits or vegetables to Brickworld? Two weeks... twoo weeeks... ttwwooo wweeeekkks...

Sadly, I will not be getting everything I want done for the convention. I am at a standstill on a few builds due to lack of parts. I will never order from House of Logos again unless I am 3 months or more out from a convention. They have had my order listed as being shipped for over 3 weeks now. From what I read this is more the rule than the exception with them. I just wish their prices and selection weren't so good! I keep getting suckered in to ordering from them. :blush:

Clone OPatra it will be great getting to hang out with you.

Silver Smith I am looking forward to your MOC as well. It was great getting to know you last year, and I love the level of detail in your castle builds! I haven't added much to my castle this year. I did go back and upgrade a lot of the stuff I built 4-5 years ago. It needed it.

Edited by DaleDVM

Have you brought any fruits or vegetables to Brickworld?

They actually ask us this at the airport when we arrive in the US :look:. Along with a bunch of other interrogative questions :wacko:.

Havent been on eurobricks in a while but nice to see some of my friends from previous years attending again. So Modulex Guy is there now a 3rd guitar? I have not posted any pictures of my moc I am bringing online anywhere, except for this one teaser shot..

10301972_2265679194586_5914103105793043845_n.jpg

The rest will be on display at brickworld!, lets hope I can get it to run a complete lap of the track by then...

EDIT: By the way you NILTC guys that all build big, especially you Dale, really impressed by yalls creations after I built big this year..

Edited by fluffybunny

They actually ask us this at the airport when we arrive in the US :look:. Along with a bunch of other interrogative questions :wacko:.

Some people will tell you that the reason they ask about produce is some agricultural thing. Really we just don't take kindly to people who eat healthy. Makes us feel bad about ourselves.

Some people will tell you that the reason they ask about produce is some agricultural thing. Really we just don't take kindly to people who eat healthy. Makes us feel bad about ourselves.

Well that explains why he was completely fine with me having a bag of chips with me :laugh:

Not trying to panic anyone... but only I week left until the Wednesday night mixer!

Excited to see you Cecilie and can't wait to see that coaster Fluffybunny! This is going to be a great Brickworld!

Not trying to panic anyone... but only I week left until the Wednesday night mixer!

Excited to see you Cecilie and can't wait to see that coaster Fluffybunny! This is going to be a great Brickworld!

Not panicking, no no, nervouslaughter1.gif:look:

I just have one more evening with time to build, then flight on Saturday morning!

So excited :excited:

Panicking? No idea what you're talking about.. especially not since I have to waste both this evening and tomorrow evening on other stuff than building. :cry_sad:

I am not panicking…

I will receive the ordered parts before I leave on Friday morning.

I Will receive the ordered parts before I leave on Friday morning!

I WILL receive the ordered parts before I leave on Friday morning!!

... Almost done... Almost done... Almost done! Only a few little details to go! Come on last Bricklink order! *stares at mailbox*

See you all in a few days! :grin:

Almost in Chicago.. almost in Chicago.. but my flight is of course delayed, so first I need to kill even more time at La Guardia. :cry_sad:

How early are people getting in on Wednesday? I've got a gap in my schedule that I may fill by getting to the convention center early.