Yooha

MOC - Fairground accessories

Hi to everyone,

Since the press release of 10244 Fairground Mixer my love for amusement parks/fairgrounds flared up once again.I loved designing the rides and shops for Roller-coaster Tycoon, and now I want to continue that road somehow. The set gave a great idea of traveling fairground so I designed a movable dodgem ride, and then I planned to continue with some “accessories”.

For inspiration I visited the usual market in my hometown.

The town of Debrecen hosts the Saint Michael’s Day market twice a year, in May and in late September/early October. A few blocks of the town is a huge (some kms long) market at this weekend, where sellers of clothes/shoes/dishes/candies/you-name-it try to sell their goods. A small fairground is part of the fun too.

The following, smaller “activities” are regularly seen in these market:

Ice cream motorcycle

13965630179_634ea3b035_o.png

14172352663_eea2c67751_o.png

(How the ice-cream section is connected to the motorcycle section)

14165769817_343bd44f04_z.jpg

Candy floss stand

13965649428_e6bd8066e2_o.png

13965630239_7e8bc2c12b_o.png

Indian musicians

These guys always appear at the market. I don’t know how many such group travels around Europe, or even the same people come back each year (twice), but their music is an integral part of the market, and I love to listen to them.

14152308005_a200e0f53d_o.png

Edited by Yooha

Love the ice-cream cart. Brings back memories to childhood-times (when these still came around in town)

All very nice, but the ice-cream motorcycle is definitely my favourite. Love the striped canopy!

My favorite is the Ice cream Motorcycle. That is so clever it is beyond words. If I can figure out how you did it I definately plan to build one!

Andy D

P.S. Do you have an LDD file you would be willing to share?

Love the ice cream moyor cycle.

I aldo like that the Peruvian flute band is there to protect guests from giant Gineau Pigs.

Those are great! My most eagerly wanted theme from Lego is a full amusement park.

I stumbled across this thread looking for inspiration for additions to the Fairground Mixer set and wow! Yooha, your designs are really incredible. I'd love to try to incorporate the ice cream cycle into my fairgrounds: how on earth did you manage the joint between the motorcycle fairing, the handlebars and the cart portion? I'm pretty new to LDD and so far I haven't been able to figure that part out. Would you be willing to share your secret?

I stumbled across this thread looking for inspiration for additions to the Fairground Mixer set and wow! Yooha, your designs are really incredible. I'd love to try to incorporate the ice cream cycle into my fairgrounds: how on earth did you manage the joint between the motorcycle fairing, the handlebars and the cart portion? I'm pretty new to LDD and so far I haven't been able to figure that part out. Would you be willing to share your secret?

It was asked by someone else also, it looks like a photo which shows that part is needed. :) I'm not at home at the moment, but I send you the lxf file or a picture as soon as I arrive home. It was a tricky one, you need a jedi lightsaber and a "claw" for it to hold the handle and be able to click the icecream part to it. I'm not 100% sure it holds IRL, but I think it will.

UPDATE: A picture that shows the connection in question is added.

Edited by Yooha

They are all nice! but love the Musicians the most, the're simple but add a lot to a town layout

Aha, that makes sense! I tried using both the claw and the lightsaber hilt in various configurations but never thought about putting them together. That's a great technique! :) Thanks again for sharing your wonderful designs.

Aha, that makes sense! I tried using both the claw and the lightsaber hilt in various configurations but never thought about putting them together. That's a great technique! :) Thanks again for sharing your wonderful designs.

If you try IRL, does it hold? Can you take a picture, if you build it?

Brilliant!! Simple but brilliant... I really like the ice cream bike and candy floss machine (my fair might have to get one of those!!)

If you try IRL, does it hold? Can you take a picture, if you build it?

I don't have the motorcycle part but I do have the lightsaber hilt and claw (somewhere...). I'll try to dig them up and test out the joint with a motorcycle substitute, will post a pic if I can find the parts!

Great ideas, I like the mobile ice cream stand the most. I'll have to make a classic town take on it and "motorize" my 6601 somehow :)

Thanks for sharing!