soccerkid6

Dragon Attack (built by my little brother)

This MOC was built by my 12 year old brother. He's very happy with how this build turned out, there are full interiors in the buildings too.

The dragon that Kendrick and Basil had heard about was ravaging the countryside. Targeting no specific kingdom his attacks were feared by all:

overview.jpg

angled.jpg

back.jpg

knight.jpg

archer.jpg

More pictures can be seen here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=543185

He would appreciate any C&C :classic:

This is great! I really like the tower. It has a simple design, yet it's really cool! Can't wait to see more of his builds.

That set looks completely fantastic. I find no qualms with it at all. I couldn't have possibly built anything like this when I was twelve. Tell your brother that he is a great builder.

Thank you, I think this is his best build up to now :classic:

This is great! I really like the tower. It has a simple design, yet it's really cool! Can't wait to see more of his builds.

Thanks, he really liked that tower design too, as you say it's simple but still gives a nice look :classic:

This is some very nice work. The tower came out quite nicely, and the foliage looks great. This is superior or at least on par to a lot of people twice his age's mocs.

Well, I don't think... that dragon should be feared that much. He hadb't burnt a single thing in this entire scene, so I think it's safe... kind of.

But we're not here to talk about the dragon (o, nostalgia, although I was curious to see a brick built one... well, maybe this is only the child of one really big dragon?). We're here to praise your luttle brother once more! I'm beginning to see a lot of nice overall techniques tucked away in these luttle builds. To place those buildings at a soft angle is not something I expect kids to bother with, but it's great to see it because it gets away from the blockyness. Same goes for the very tiny height difference present in the build. Apart from the good buildings, it are these hidden subtilities that indicate your brother is definetly on the right way to become one really great builder. I hope that one day all the things he has learnt converge into a big diorama.

I mentioned the good buildings. But I'm not finished with them! The tower is great in colors and simplicity, and I like the subtle use of pallisade bricks as corner stones. Definetly a technique I will remember... Also the slim windows, sloped arch and more texture make it a really nice tower. The wooden shack is a bit too basic though, since it's just some pallisade bricks with some tiles. No offence, because that roof is well executed and such, but it lack a bit of refinements on details. Some moe texture in the roof would be nice, evoking layers of slabs or straw. The walls don't have to be adorned to make it interesting. There could just as well be some tools and utilities leaning against the wall. That would give a hint about the function too, and bring more life and meaning to the creation.

The vegetation and such is nice as always, and I'm liking the simple base of the tree. The height difference could be alittle more exagerated though, making more sense for the tower. But overall, once again an impressive build by your brother. Now just wait untill our heroes show up!

That is super cool! Your brother has talent for building :)

I repeat what you said.

This is really good! His mocs are always outstanding! Tell him to keep up the great work! :wink::thumbup:

Edited by TheLazyChicken

The parts I like most are the tree, foliage and the neat house.

Another great MOC from your little brother.

This is some very nice work. The tower came out quite nicely, and the foliage looks great. This is superior or at least on par to a lot of people twice his age's mocs.

Thanks!

Well, I don't think... that dragon should be feared that much. He hadb't burnt a single thing in this entire scene, so I think it's safe... kind of.

But we're not here to talk about the dragon (o, nostalgia, although I was curious to see a brick built one... well, maybe this is only the child of one really big dragon?). We're here to praise your luttle brother once more! I'm beginning to see a lot of nice overall techniques tucked away in these luttle builds. To place those buildings at a soft angle is not something I expect kids to bother with, but it's great to see it because it gets away from the blockyness. Same goes for the very tiny height difference present in the build. Apart from the good buildings, it are these hidden subtilities that indicate your brother is definetly on the right way to become one really great builder. I hope that one day all the things he has learnt converge into a big diorama.

I mentioned the good buildings. But I'm not finished with them! The tower is great in colors and simplicity, and I like the subtle use of pallisade bricks as corner stones. Definetly a technique I will remember... Also the slim windows, sloped arch and more texture make it a really nice tower. The wooden shack is a bit too basic though, since it's just some pallisade bricks with some tiles. No offence, because that roof is well executed and such, but it lack a bit of refinements on details. Some moe texture in the roof would be nice, evoking layers of slabs or straw. The walls don't have to be adorned to make it interesting. There could just as well be some tools and utilities leaning against the wall. That would give a hint about the function too, and bring more life and meaning to the creation.

The vegetation and such is nice as always, and I'm liking the simple base of the tree. The height difference could be alittle more exagerated though, making more sense for the tower. But overall, once again an impressive build by your brother. Now just wait untill our heroes show up!

Thanks BEAVeR, as always my brother appreciated seeing your comment. He did have one pitchfork leaning against the front wall of the stable, and the windows with feed and water bins, but your suggestions are good ones :classic:

That is super cool! Your brother has talent for building :)

Thank you :classic:

I repeat what you said.

This is really good! His mocs are always outstanding! Tell him to keep up the great work! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks, he'll do his best :classic:

The parts I like most are the tree, foliage and the neat house.

Another great MOC from your little brother.

Thank you, glad you like the stables :classic:

Lovely MOC! :blush:

Thanks!

I Really like the tan tower ! Nice one :)

Thanks Gunman :classic:

I don't often comment on MOCs, but this one is too good to pass up. For a twelve year old, gosh, does your bro have some skills!

I don't often comment on MOCs, but this one is too good to pass up. For a twelve year old, gosh, does your bro have some skills!

Thanks!

This is really nice! However, there's a curious lack of doors...

Thanks Carson, there are doors they're just left open as people fled in a large hurry :wink:

This is awesome! The posing of the mini figure in the last image is just perfect ... like his about to drop the bow thinking how am I supposed to defend against that!

Looks great! That tower is boss!

Thanks Steven!

Fantastic for someone of that age! A lot of fine techniques being used here.

Thanks Gary, he had a lot of fun with this build :classic:

This is awesome! The posing of the mini figure in the last image is just perfect ... like his about to drop the bow thinking how am I supposed to defend against that!

Thanks Kristel, that guy in the tower was his favorite pose, the face is just perfect :laugh:

Amazing! Your brother really has talent!

Thank you :classic:

Very nice. I like the windows on the tower and have been trying to work out how they are made. I think it's a 2x1 tile for the base, 2x1 cheese slopes for the sides. Am I right?

Very nice again. Good to see little brother is learning so many good techniques from you.

Fantastic work ! Ohh that dragon remind me to the good old days :laugh:

Thanks! Glad you like that he included the classic dragon :classic:

Very nice. I like the windows on the tower and have been trying to work out how they are made. I think it's a 2x1 tile for the base, 2x1 cheese slopes for the sides. Am I right?

Thank you, and yes that is how you build the windows :classic:

Very nice again. Good to see little brother is learning so many good techniques from you.

Thanks ZC, he's getting to be pretty good :classic: