Lobot

SoNE Contest Episode V: Secret Plans

We can pretend that you meant that Jedi is Episode III because Menace, Clones, and Sith don't exist. Problem solved! :grin:

I'm certainly up for that!

Following two rounds of judging, here are the scores for Episode V:

Imperials

25 - The Invasion begins - markus1984

24 - Endor Construction Site - Disco86

22 - Uprooted - BEAVeR

21 - Inspection of the progress - MstrOfPppts

20 - Preparing for the Mission Hangar 29 - goatman461

8 - Into the Wild - LucasLaughing

7 - The Emperor does not share your optimism - Pointblank

7 - Burn 'em out - Wat Tambor

6 - Big Rig - VK-318

6 - The Decoy - Lego Spy

6 - Parts and Technical Crew - Artizan

5 - Ashamed of the empire - Nom Carver

5 - Death From Above - Lord Tyrus

5 - Clearing the area, the easy way! - Legofin2012

4 - Build the Shield Generator - KevFett2011

2 - Deporting the Natives - theman4090

Rebels

19 - Many Bothans Died... Well At Least One - MKJoshA

17 - Furry and Smelly - MontyPython

12 - Lumberjacks - Manx

And, it's the first win for the Empire! It was inevitible I guess... Episode V and all! :wink:

Thanks to everyone who participated, there were some amazing entries. And, thanks to the rest of the SoNE team who helped make this Episode run so well. We'll try and update the scores asap...and if any Imperials would like a new tag just add a post here. Episode VI is almost ready, and hopefully the Rebels will have re-grouped after getting lost in the outer rim searching for the Bothans! :classic:

I would like the tag, please! While you are updating scores in the Core Rules and Player Index, could somebody remind Brickdoctor to get the "planets available for faction freebuilds" list straightened out? It's been out of date since Episode 3!

Edited by VK-318

And, it's the first win for the Empire! It was inevitible I guess... Episode V and all! :wink:

Exactly! :classic:

...and if any Imperials would like a new tag just add a post here.

Do you need to ask!?

(Yes, please. :wink:)

Edit: And of course:

14754845373_577fc29825_n.jpg

(Completely necessary. :wink:)

Edited by Lego Spy

and if any Imperials would like a new tag just add a post here.

Why are you saying "new"... it's their first... :look:

14754845373_577fc29825_n.jpg

(Completely necessary. :wink:)

:laugh::grin:

Congratulations fellow Imperials! Finally, after our long struggle against the Rebellion, we've stricken back. It's a reward for all the hard work all of us delivered in all previous episodes, and I hope this will motivate us to go on, become better and better, and defeat the Rebellion for once and for all! Especially with this new weapon we will be invincible, and certainly with the Rebels having access to zero plans. What can possibly stop us? So don't delay, and continue being proud serving the Empire (except for some minor exceptions with moral problems). And then, soon, this war will be over!

Thanks again to the wonderful SoNE staff for organizing yet another innovating episode, and for continuing to answer all of our questions. It's great to see SoNE still so alive after almost a year. And that wouldn't be without your creativity and dedication (and that of all the builders, of course), so a big 'thank you' and much admiration to you! I speak for myself, but probably express the thoughts of many, if I say this contest/community build (on one side, some competition that makes everyone deliver better, but on the other hand the incredibly warm feeling of collaborating on something bigger with such much lovely feedback, so the perfect combination!) helps all of us to become better builders and storytellers, and perhaps even better persons. So thanks to everyone who keeps making SoNE such a delight!

As for this particular round, I am very pleased my story got received well, and even made me promote a rank. But most importantly, more important than the points, I'm very grateful that 'different' stories can achieve a lot here too. And the tag is of course a welcome token to show off to people how proud we are to be in this adventure (yes, I do want it!). Let's hope more and more people will join and SoNE will keep growing, inspired by what has past. I wish every one a good journey!

Why are you saying "new"... it's their first... :look:

I believe SoNE tags count as community build tags, so some of us might have had one beforehand.

(I think that's what he means...)

Gratz to the Imps!

So to be clear, the scores = XP yes? :P

That said and my first tag, I look forward to the next episode...

... We'll try and update the scores asap...

Well they haven't been update for the last episode yet ...

Congratulations to all our fellow Imperials! Now all you tree hugging and ewok loving fellas, don't let the victory get to your head. Back to duty, there's no time for celebration yet. Maybe the rebels will recover after this smooth Imperial victory.

P.S.: Hit me with another tag!

Yes, finally the Empire has won a challenge! :laugh:

I think 7 points are fine for my first real SW build for ages. Oh and may I ask for that cool looking tag?

YES - FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!

:laugh:

Great work guys and i can say again - this was the first win for the Empire and the last for the rebells :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

For Understanding - the points are the XP? And this is only for the challange or the points with the freebuilds?

Thanks for vote the first place - it`s a very big plesure!

markus

Edited by markus1984

Hello everyone, a quick post to clarify a couple of things:

1. If any of the Imperials already have a tag from one of the previous builds you'll need to decide if you want to swap it (as you can only have one!!)

2. Points are the same as XP (congratulations markus1984, and apologies for not mentioning you in my original post!). The XP/Points for this Episode are separate from the freebuilds, so these will all be added together.

3. Apologies, again, for the delay in getting everything updated. I'm hoping that we can have a mass 'tidy' before the start of Episode VI.

4. Episode VI is almost ready, and I can safely say that it will be quite different from the previous ones; and MstrOfPppts you'll be pleased to hear that we've changed the scoring system! :wink:

Noooo, you're changing the scoring system, now that us Imperials have mastered it?! :laugh: But seriously, I'd rather see the episode VI with some promissed extra challenges for higher ranks or some restrictions or something completly different like ep. II was!

P.S.: I'm not nagging, just thinking aloud what could be cool. But I'll participate in any case, as I alvays have. Also is there any other rank above 200XP? And again, keep up the good work behind the scenes, it's been very enjoyable so far!

Tags awarded; I think I got everyone. Artizan and Legofin2012, you already have tags from the Community Builds, so let me know if you want them replaced with the DS Hologram tag.

I want the tag too.

Nom, your SoNE host tag counts as a CB tag; do you want that replaced?

But seriously, I'd rather see the episode VI with some promissed extra challenges for higher ranks or some restrictions or something completly different like ep. II was!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. :wink:

You'll have to wait and see, I get the impression it could be a rather interesting Episode, but time will tell. Without giving too much away there's going to be a bit of a change in emphasis, and it might be as a result of a new recruit :wink: Thanks again to everyone who made Episode V such a success, and hopefully Episode VI will be even better :classic:

Oh, and don't all of the Imperial tags look nice!

And thanks for the nice new emblems :wink: .

I've understood correctly that I can build now 4 free builds again?

cya

markus

I've understood correctly that I can build now 4 free builds again?

Yes. Go for it!

Hi markus, you're allowed a total of 4 freebuilds during each Episode. We're still technically on Episode V and will be until Episode VI is announced :classic: I don't think that you'll have to wait that long though..... :wink:

Hi markus, you're allowed a total of 4 freebuilds during each Episode. We're still technically on Episode V and will be until Episode VI is announced :classic: I don't think that you'll have to wait that long though..... :wink:

Ah. I stand corrected. :blush: Maybe this episode I can finally finish one of the two or three freebuilds sitting around and cluttering up my workspace. :grin:

Nom, your SoNE host tag counts as a CB tag; do you want that replaced?

I like the host one better, thanks for asking doc.

Wow, I'm beyond flattered by my score. Thank you judges. And big thank you to the rebels that participated. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Does anybody have any thoughts on appropriate ISB garb? I think there's an ISB agent in the new Rebels series that wears grey, but the white uniform sure is cool.

A last, the empire strikes back! Even if I get the feeling they sort of let us win :hmpf: And I'll take the new tag!.

Edited by Legofin2012