Sign in to follow this  
JJ.walkers

Favorite set

That's an easy one!

The 6285 Black Seas Barracuda is without a doubt my favorite pirate set, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

6285-1.jpg

But what I wonder, Mr Walkers, what's your favorite pirate set?

Mr Tiber

I didn't have many pirate sets, but with what I did have, my favourite was easily an island hideaway thing with trapdoor, prison and shark. Very high playability.

6263-1.jpg

Or

6270-1.jpg

I can't really decide, but those are one of my favorites.

My favorite pirate set is Fort El Dorado.But thats a store window perspective.I never bought a single pirate set.

I have to agree with Mr. Tiber, my favourite set is the 6285/10040 too I own the re-release and it got me back into pirates.

Though there is already a large picture posted about this set, in all it's greatness it deserves a second one, so here it is:

10040-1.jpg

Well this may not come as a big surprise but my favorite pirate set by far is the BSB.

black_seas_barracuda.jpg

P

Guest Mr. Cameron

I like Skulls Eye Schooner the best because i think it has a very nice color scheme to it, I know alot of people do not like the color of it but, i do.

Mine would be the 6277 Imperial Trading Post. I think it is generally speaking nicer than 6276 Eldorado Fortress (mainly because of the pirate and merchant minifigs and the added merchant ship) except I prefer the blue soldiers over the red guards.

6277.jpg

I didn't have many pirate sets, but with what I did have, my favourite was easily an island hideaway thing with trapdoor, prison and shark. Very high playability.

Do you mean 6270 Forbidden Island Captain Tau?

6270-1.jpg

eldorado fortress, the glory of the imperial soldiers!

6276.jpg

Man, I loved that set.

And,

(the following comment may hurt some AFOLs)

It's a great parts pack for white and yellow plates and bricks. (wich I didn't owe many at the time)

Gaetano

comming close:

BSB: I have it, and it is very nice, but they're not soldiers :p

Imperial trading post: it looks great for trading products,... I think good playability

Sabre island: the set that got me into pirates and I still don't own... (Or can I make one...?)

Survey says...

SES for me...

I have always like the Skull Eye Schooner... even if it isn't a schooner!

Some maybe thinking I would pick an Imperial ship of an Imperial fort, but sorry, I have to take the prettiest ship that was out there... even if it is a pirate vessel. And I never owned the Imperial Trading post, so I can't claim it to be my favorite.

As tanotrooper just said, I'd definatly agree the Imperial Soldiers are my faviorite and this set had 4 soldiers, 1 govenor, and a Lt. This is definatly a great set for white and yellow parts like tanotrooper also stated. (Wish that had relseaed this as a legend instead of Enchanted Island.)

P.S. I just ordered some British troops for my Coalition forces and holyfully the digital camera will arrive shortly.

My favorite Imperial set would have to be

6274-1.jpg

Great Minifigs and a very nice ship

:'-( Too bad mine only came with one shooting cannon

Govenor Broadside is still one of my fav minis,my only suggestion would be that a pirate should have been included

Oh well pirates were still easy to get,I did manage to get mine for $65.00 USD with instructions and box from ebay *sweet*

Piranha

Favourite set I own: 6276 Eldorado Fortress.

Most wanted set: 6277 Imperial Trading Post

As much as I like the ships, for me the real interest is ports and bases. Same way I like City/Town more for the buildings than the vehicles.

Definitely Black Seas Barracuda - #1 of all Lego sets, not just Pirates.

The Imperial Trading Post has a good chance of becoming my second-favourite Pirate set, however I don't own it so I can't be sure. Of those that I do have, I think the Eldorado Fortress would be my #2.

Lagoon Lockup was a favourite of mine for many years...

6267-1.jpg

Come to think of it I probably still like it better than Pirates Perilious Pitfall...

It's exactly like Lagoon Lock-up except it has a bigger port and nice merchant ship, plus superior redcoats replacing the inferior blue & more pirate/merchants. X-D

I do not agree. This is a heavily defended harbor with no prison while Lagoon Lock-Up is a small prisoner's island.

You don't like the set because it is heavily defended. Is this because they could kick pirate butt? Why don't you like the good guys to win?

I do not agree. This is a heavily defended harbor with no prison while Lagoon Lock-Up is a small prisoner's island.

It was a joke, they're different sets built around the same small boat. :-D

You don't like the set because it is heavily defended. Is this because they could kick pirate butt? Why don't you like the good guys to win?

Its not that he doesnt like that set or that he doesnt like the "good guys" But because oo7 is comparing a large harbor set to a small prison set.

plus superior redcoats replacing the inferior blue (If we accept these as French and British) We all know French Infantry wrecks British Infantry :)