Sign in to follow this  
Criga88

MOD - Grand Emporium billboard

Hi all, in late April I decided to start making the billboard on GE a seasonal themed piece instead of just the standard minifig head and present. I'm trying to keep all of the designs in the spirit of the original in that they must be made on a 6 x 12 plate and 3D is acceptable (within reason). So far I've made billboards for two consecutive weeks:

May the Fourth

13885983909_5ed76fb652_c.jpg

Mothers Day

13957253078_6cd8dde8c7_c.jpg

Feel free to jump on the bandwagon and make your own billboards, I haven't noticed any other mods out there which I find a bit strange.

Edited by Criga88

Thanks all. I think it took 90% of the design time to get Vader to look right, I'm glad it paid off. I hope the idea catches on as I'm pretty keen to see what other people can come up with.

Those are both cool, but the May 4th one really came out great! I'm interested to try out this idea once I have more modulars. Seems like there should be more advertising in a city of that size... I have the Grand Emporium, but have not yet gotten to build it. You've given me another reason to look forward to it.

Thanks Sithewok, I'm looking forward to seeing your take on this in the future.

Most great ideas trigger a "why didnt I think of that moment?" moment...this definitely falls into that category. Well done on the Vader billboard particularly.

Thanks for the input everyone, here's this weeks billboard:

International Museum Day

14173521146_70ca6597c0_c.jpg

Edited by Criga88

your obviously in the puss as I am, judging my your flickr pics

great billbords btw. I have been working on ones to put down the sides of the modulars to compensate not having a corner building. i like your 3D renditions

Thanks everyone. I based the museum on 60008 Jonwil, seemed to be appropriate and convenient. And Glendo, I am in the puss, it gives me plenty of time to make MOCs ;)

I had a bit of trouble coming up with something suitable for both geek pride day and towel day I'm not overly happy with the result, it's way too simple, but I suppose so is the reference. For those who don't get it, read Douglas Adams books.

Geek pride/towel day

14260032731_607ef4342d_c.jpg

Edited by Criga88

I had a bit of trouble coming up with something suitable for both geek pride day and towel day I'm not overly happy with the result, it's way too simple, but I suppose so is the reference. For those who don't get it, read Douglas Adams books.

Geek pride/towel day - https://www.flickr.c...02/14260032731/

The answer to life, the universe and everything...

The next billboard is up (kind of):

International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers

14264540946_982e4c0c3f_c.jpg

Edited by Criga88

Thanks Emilstorm, don't forget the skeleton legs to hold the carrot tops in place

Actually it's a very good idea to keep fiddling with your "done and on display" sets or MOC over the time and change them a little. You just made me think what should we tweak on our town with my son :) Thanks for sharing!