Btw., as dad is so slow, my son got the 4x4 Crawler lego set for his 5th birthday. It was a big success. He managed to put together all of the mechanics, gears, connect the motors, etc. etc. all by himself - i was just sitting there and helped finding parts and i helped to put some pieces together that required quite a bit of physical force. So proud that my son could assemble differentials, while his dad barely knows what these things are :D

So, as you might have guessed, the deadline is now pushed much further away - either for the next birthday, christmas or other big event (over here in Latvia we are lucky as we also have names days :) ) This gives me time to polish the design and to go nuts with the electronics.

That sounds great, man. At 5 years old, that's a huge deal. I know i got my first Technic set when i was 5, but it sure wasn't nearly as complicated as the 9398 chassis is.

I'm not sure if you saw it, but i made a post in reply to wheels & tires question. It's the last post on the previous page, so you may have missed it.

Trawler, looks cool. To my eye the rims still look like the ones i used in LDD though, maybe they are bigger, but otherwise the design is the same, no? But, yeah, this wheel/rim combo looks marvelous compared to the standard ones. Would be even cooler if the rims were chromed. (i do plan to use custom chromed parts in the spots that appear as chrome in my renderings).

Btw., as dad is so slow, my son got the 4x4 Crawler lego set for his 5th birthday. It was a big success. He managed to put together all of the mechanics, gears, connect the motors, etc. etc. all by himself - i was just sitting there and helped finding parts and i helped to put some pieces together that required quite a bit of physical force. So proud that my son could assemble differentials, while his dad barely knows what these things are :D

So, as you might have guessed, the deadline is now pushed much further away - either for the next birthday, christmas or other big event (over here in Latvia we are lucky as we also have names days :) ) This gives me time to polish the design and to go nuts with the electronics.

Are you really from latvia? I know just gregorijs3kivi...

Yup, really! You too?

As i wasn't involved with LEGO yet, don't know any other guys from Latvia on the forum.

Just looked up gregorijs3kivi - great, only other latvian guy you know and he is banned? :D

Edited by VintageCharlie

Yup, really! You too?

As i wasn't involved with LEGO yet, don't know any other guys from Latvia on the forum.

Just looked up gregorijs3kivi - great, only other latvian guy you know and he is banned? :D

No, I'm not an latvian, but i know g3k (gregorijs3kivi) least he told me his e-mail (gregorijs3kivi@inbox.lv)

A modernized police version along the lines of the reissues of vintage muscle cars that have surfaced in recent years:

2009musclecar.png

Edited by VintageCharlie

The visually finalized design and my favorite versions. In the end, i think it will be the 69 mopar police version. Will post the most up to date LXF file as soon i have finalized it and worked it out technically.

69MoparPolice.png

69MoparPoliceBack.png

69ModernMoparPoliceBlack.png

69ModernMoparPoliceBlackBack.png

69ModernMoparPoliceBlue.png

69RestomodMonsterTruck-Bloodtrail.png

69Restomod.png

Edited by VintageCharlie

Love it! But i think you should mod the chassis to give it some more power, becauce the stock 9398 is worse with opstacles...

Edited by Black-Build

I'm not a fan of vintage cars or crawlers and such, but this looks cool. I like the dark blue one.

Hi VC, did you ever complete an LDD of the vehicle with the body all coherent and attached to a chassis ?

I've been knocking up a slightly shorter chassis for a non crawler version based on your body and would be interested in an updated LDD if that's possible?

Once I've finished it I'll post some pics and give credit to where it's due .... I've used sheepos scalable chassis rear axle with leaf spring design

Hi VC, did you ever complete an LDD of the vehicle with the body all coherent and attached to a chassis ?

I've been knocking up a slightly shorter chassis for a non crawler version based on your body and would be interested in an updated LDD if that's possible?

Once I've finished it I'll post some pics and give credit to where it's due .... I've used sheepos scalable chassis rear axle with leaf spring design

Seasider, sorry for the late response! No, i have not touched the project for quite some while now, as i got loads of work lately. But eventually i will get back to it at some point and post the updated files here. Just not there yet.

Good luck and, please, let us know how your version turns out!

Just awesome crawler in all colours.

I was searching the web for 9398 mod, and found this one. One of the best looking crawler out there.

VintageCharlie, can't wait to see what you came up with. Thanks for the inspiration.