Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

MOC: Chicken Bus

Lego Chicken Bus

I've been wanting to build a Bus Depot for my economically deprived Lego city for a while, but it morphed into a Far-eastern Jeepney Depot which was kind of good, but the Jeepneys I built looked they really belonged in a circus (pictures on my Flickr account) so I leveled the Bus Depot and rebuilt the Jeepney into a Chicken Bus!

The chassis is six-wide, the passenger space seven-wide and the roof-eight wide. I wanted a top heavy vehicle that looked like it would lurch around corners scattering the luggage and goods (and chickens) off the roof.

14123407982_2fa09d3087_c.jpg

There's a Bike rack on one side.

14123093641_a837f352cb_c.jpg

Here's a view of the Luggage rack - the crates, ruck sack and empty beer bottles are secured with an old POTC fishing net.

14146464323_e5b57c7994_c.jpg

The Bus's schedule is loose and variable and it will frequently pull into towns to drop off and pick up passengers, but whatever you do do not let the Bus leave the town without you! - you might be there for a long time

13939781090_81c8f746ba_c.jpg

It's been a long time since that windscreen has seen a squeegee....

14103260696_e0bc42ca9b_c.jpg

And a final shot of the spacious interior with comfy seating for at least six minifigs.

14103259346_8f051b7034_c.jpg

Comments, criticisms and ridicule encouraged!

This is absolutely wonderful. I love everything about it. The whole roof/luggage is my favorite part.

This is fantastic! But where are the travelers clinging to the roof with terrified expressions on their faces? :)

This is awesome! It actually looks like you'd be holding on for dear life while going around corner.

Awesome bus. Totally awesome. I too like everything here, colors are perfect, the roof with the stuff and great picture of the guy running behind while the other just sit there and laugh. Hahaha. Beautiful!

Had I not seen this topic, I never would have guessed that color scheme could work. Great, fun concept and beautiful execution. Maybe try to fit a goat on there as well...

... great picture of the guy running behind while the other just sit there and laugh. Hahaha. Beautiful!

... guy running behind while the other just sit there and laugh.

You guys are cruel! Yes, it made me laugh as well :laugh:

I never would have guessed that color scheme could work.

Actually I wasn't aiming for a color scheme that worked - in real life Chicken Buses are garish, bold and eyecatchingly bright. The six-wide Jeepney I modded this from looked even more hideous...

14108602464_55d4f3cd8a_c.jpg

Thanks for all the comments! I'm going to build another one.

Looks a lot like the jeepneys I rode around on in the Philippines, except they had benches facing each other instead of seats. Real nifty!