Sign in to follow this  
Dunkleosteus

14 gun merchant ship "Eigensinn"

[pid][/pid] LDD/MLCad 12C

Good evening, bloodthirsty pirates and talented creators. I am charmed by the masterpieces of this comfy forum.

My brain was so inspired that it's content tried to mutate into a bottle of rum but instead of this I got this ship.

It is my only second serious LDD model. Hope someday it would be possible to make it in flesh.

Rendering by my friend Denex-M

eigensinn.png

-eigensinn_closed_gun_ports.png

Here you can see the ship colored by my wife :)

eigensinn_tulfarbe.png

-

eigensinn_sand_white.png

-

eigensinn_sand_white_2.jpg

Here you can see her near the 16 gun pirate ship "Blutrausch", which is a bit boring.

eigensinn_und_blutrausch.png

-

Wow, impressive! Any higher-res images depicting the various details?

Stunning ship, especially since it's only your second serious LDD model! I really like the stern, most of all the galleries. The second bowsprit, well, gives her a bit of an 'Eigensinn' pirate_laugh2.gif

If you don't already happen to have one, I humbly suggest to get yourself a picture hosting service account (flickr and brickshelf being the most commonly used ones here) and deeplink some more pictures of this beauty (and hopefully more of your MOCs) pirate_wubnew.gif

Great first post, keep it up!

Regards

Stunning ship, especially since it's only your second serious LDD model! I really like the stern, most of all the galleries. The second bowsprit, well, gives her a bit of an 'Eigensinn' pirate_laugh2.gif

If you don't already happen to have one, I humbly suggest to get yourself a picture hosting service account (flickr and brickshelf being the most commonly used ones here) and deeplink some more pictures of this beauty (and hopefully more of your MOCs) pirate_wubnew.gif

Great first post, keep it up!

Regards

Vielen Dank! pir_laugh2.gif

I've made my brickshelf account, named "Dunkleosteus-LDD" (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dunkleosteus-LDD) and trying to fill it up right now.

Sorry for my a bit ragged post, Leider I have minor experience in this.pirate_look.gif

P.S. Your brickshelf is magnificent!

Your ship is awesome. I have wanted to look at your brickshelf, but all folders aren´t public. (Absicht?)pirate_classic.gif

Edited by Matthias130182

Your ship is awesome. I have wanted to look at your brickshelf, but all folders aren´t public. (Absicht?)pirate_classic.gif

No pirate_look.gif I can not understand how to make it public. I hope that it's just a question of time - some kind of brickshelf face control. Or extraterrestrial conspiration!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=543042

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=543043

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=543045

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=543044

just in case, links (hope it is not prohibited here)

This is very nice, great render quality too.

I don't like how the rigging ladders are connected to the hull (with that small brick construction on top of the ships' sides).

But I assume that's because the rigging ladder pieces are just too short.

The galleries and balcony look impressive, keep it up pirate_classic.gif .

So how come you're flying the German flag being Austrian yourself? That said, cool stuff, time to build it for real!

So how come you're flying the German flag being Austrian yourself? That said, cool stuff, time to build it for real!

The answer is simple - it is a german ship :)

I live in Austria for a several years (University), but I'm from Russia. Technically. (I'm not happy about this)

Quite impressive. Good work!

I have not seen something like this before. And I wonder how difficult it will be to turn them into real-life models.

A German ship? With this flag? Well. Since this flag officially has only come up in the 20th century, something must be wrong pirate_laugh2.gif

I would recommend to switch to Prussia, however, I do not recall that Prussia has been a seapower in any time of their history....

Still: Your design is cool!

(Such large ships - only 14 cannons?)

Quite impressive. Good work!

I have not seen something like this before. And I wonder how difficult it will be to turn them into real-life models.

A German ship? With this flag? Well. Since this flag officially has only come up in the 20th century, something must be wrong pirate_laugh2.gif

I would recommend to switch to Prussia, however, I do not recall that Prussia has been a seapower in any time of their history....

Still: Your design is cool!

(Such large ships - only 14 cannons?)

Thank you very much! :)

About the flag:

Firstly, it can be a reconstruction or stylization, if you want. Someday I was familiar with a russian project "Shtandart", the reconstructed frigate of Peter the Great, 1703. We had to keep the present-day tricolore, cause it's a law :(

Secondly, "Eigensinn" is not a reconstruction of a real ship. pirate_classic.gif It's just a consequence of a muse visit) She could whisper something about a green underpants on a flagpole pirate_tong.gif

Generally my mind was so inspired that such a boring place like a top of the mast I noticed passingly - the stern is more interesting :)

As for cannons - Eigensinn is a delicate merchant ship. As a true lady, she is afraid of overweight :)

As for Troglodyte - it is terrible enough, cannons are not necessary at all pirate_classic.gif

however, I do not recall that Prussia has been a seapower in any time of their history....

Prussia was a seapower, albeit neither a colonial seapower nor an important one until the war against Denmark: read this and this! And, I'd say that this ship here (Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde) might come close:

645px-Modell_Zweidecker_Friedrich_Wilhelm_zu_Pferde_Zucker-Museum.jpg

Ok ... "Kurbrandenburgische Marine"... I learned something there.

Are you saying that that ship is actually called "Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde" = Fritz William on horseback ??? Great Joke.

We might come up with other suitable names for frigates like "Prince Henry on a stool" or "Napoleon goes shopping" or so... pirate_laugh2.gif

There is always something that history can teach us.

Forgot to say: The ship looks good!

(And I noted the Prussian flag)

Ok ... "Kurbrandenburgische Marine"... I learned something there.

being from a town that had been Prussian (Brandenburgian) since 1268 I've always been interested in the history of Prussia and read quite an ammount about that particular part of our history (Haffner, Winkler etc.) However, I guess people from Cologne never took being Prussian that serious ... pir_laugh2.gif

Yeah man, the ship really had this odd name ...

Brandenburg/Preußen had colonies but only for a short period and they weren´t really successful (like the german colonies in the late 19th century pirate_laugh2.gif ).

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburgisch-Afrikanische_Compagnie

To the ship: I really like its design. It fits perfect to the late 18th Century and the details are impressive.