While Mitgardian children dream of warmth and nice blazing fires (due to the absence thereof in the ordinary course of their lives), this is what Kaliphlinian children are dreaming of:

13910524878_cdbcea7f4b.jpg

13910524718_7e5cf276d5.jpg

The doorway to the castle:

14097557874_74147f9801.jpg

Aerial view, so you can get a better sense of the waves & how the water looks:

13910517520_fdbd48b03c.jpg

I'd like to claim PU DoH credits for wall technique #2 (for the SNOT sides), round walls and towers, waves, and art (might be stretching it a little with art but I'm not sure exactly how to interpret it, otherwise).

It would have been considerably better if I had managed to make conical tops for the towers, but that proved too difficult with the limited amount of time I had! C&C are welcome though, and thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Nice creation, I really like the water and the usage of the flat round 1x1 tiles.

So the children in Kaliphlin are dreaming of worlds you can only discovery while taking LSD?

Edited by Wat Tambor

PU DoH +1 for all claims (I think you can classify the tile work as art)

@ Tomsche and Wat Tambor- at least we don't play with friend's sets :wink:

You have to remember though, without the Nocturnian Fungus Farmers, your children wouldn't be having these dreams in the first place...

You have to remember though, without the Nocturnian Fungus Farmers, your children wouldn't be having these dreams in the first place...

I suddenly want to move to Midgardia...

Thanks guys!

Kaliphim children dream of eating hallucinating shrooms?????

No, they dream because they've eaten 'em. Can't trust those Nocturnian vendors.

I didn't quite get this with the "PU DoH (+1)" stuff.

Kaliphlin runs a Doctorate of Historica program under the auspices of Petraea University, the +1 refers to approval of certain credits that I have claimed for this particular MOC. Only Kaliphlin guild members are allowed to approve MOCs, but any GoHer can participate in the program.

Very cool towers, your rounded wall technique works nicely :thumbup: The purple tiles and trans light blue tiles you got off a PaB wall? Pretty handy pieces :classic:

I really love this Kai, it's so unique! The round towers worked out great and i don't mind the lack of roof on top of them - it kinda fits in with the whole dream sequence feel that the scene has. (Oddly though, the black ramparts between the walls does bug me a bit... it seems so stark against the colourful exterior. Idk) The water looks great although i'm not sure that i'd call them waves - more a gentle ripple, really.

UoP +1 for the wall technique and round tower technique (nicely done too!). Art was a category that i hummed and hawed about for a bit, but in the end was swayed by how convincing this was as a dream sequence. It may not be an expression of Historica culture in the way that the category intends, but art is all about the unexpected, and this certainly fits the bill in that regard! :wink: Waves i think i will abstain on for now - i would like to see some more dramatic water movement for that one.

Very cool towers, your rounded wall technique works nicely :thumbup: The purple tiles and trans light blue tiles you got off a PaB wall? Pretty handy pieces :classic:

Thanks SK! Yep, they're both from the PaB wall, I was originally thinking I wouldn't have much use for either, but they've both really come in handy (I have another build using the trans light blue in progress right now!).

I'm glad you liked my rounded wall technique; I was very happy with it myself as it allows me to build a small enough tower to stay within my piece count!

I really love this Kai, it's so unique! The round towers worked out great and i don't mind the lack of roof on top of them - it kinda fits in with the whole dream sequence feel that the scene has. (Oddly though, the black ramparts between the walls does bug me a bit... it seems so stark against the colourful exterior. Idk) The water looks great although i'm not sure that i'd call them waves - more a gentle ripple, really.

UoP +1 for the wall technique and round tower technique (nicely done too!). Art was a category that i hummed and hawed about for a bit, but in the end was swayed by how convincing this was as a dream sequence. It may not be an expression of Historica culture in the way that the category intends, but art is all about the unexpected, and this certainly fits the bill in that regard! :wink: Waves i think i will abstain on for now - i would like to see some more dramatic water movement for that one.

Thanks for the thoughtful criticism Gabe. Now that I think about it, you're right about the black rampart, it ought to have been more colorful. Thanks for the credits! I knew I was pushing a little with the waves, especially given the angles of the pictures where they're hard to see unless you're looking for them. I'm working on another water scene now, maybe I'll see if I can pull off something a bit more dramatic!

Hey thats a very Cute and Happy creation :) Sweet work!

Very pretty scene Kai, I love the stone walkway leading to the castle, and the colors are very well done (though, as mentioned above, the black is a little out to place but still hardly distracts from the scene.)

I really like how smooth the transition is from the straight gate to the rounded towers. Great job!

Really cool build, saw it at work a couple days ago and couldn't comment. It really made me go "wow" with the use of colors, and the towers are just wonderful, both in technique and color.

+1 for wall technique#2, round walls and towers and art (who knows, the kid might grow to be an artist :D).

What a life those Kaliphlin children have - they never go cold, and their parents tuck them into bed with warm milk and a bit of hashish.

:laugh:

Thanks guys!

Very pretty scene Kai, I love the stone walkway leading to the castle, and the colors are very well done (though, as mentioned above, the black is a little out to place but still hardly distracts from the scene.)

I really like how smooth the transition is from the straight gate to the rounded towers. Great job!

Thanks! Glad you liked the way I did the colors, I was a little skeptic of how it would turn out at first but it ended up pretty nicely!

UoP +1 on all claims except waves. The waves just don't seem very noticeable to me, compared with the rest of the build. That said, the scene is hilarious, as are the replies :tongue:

UoP +1 on all claims except waves. The waves just don't seem very noticeable to me, compared with the rest of the build. That said, the scene is hilarious, as are the replies :tongue:

Thanks Thomas! I've switched the wave claim to my more recent build.