alois

MOC - modular medieval corner inspired by set 1592

A couple of weeks ago my mother-in-law gave me an old 1592 Town Square set (Dutch version with 'soep en worst'). It had belonged to my wife, who never played with it. I rebuild it and restored it a little, and then i got an idea for a next modular building. A modular in medieval style, inspired by this set. Not a recreation, but with certain elements of this set. In a castle-like style, but adapted to modern times and fitted for a modular street. This is what I came up with:

14089467826_a9992fdb57_c.jpg

It is the last remnant of the middle ages in my town. A former town gate, with the house of the gate keeper. But the gate doesn't have a road any more. Nowadays the space behind the gate is used as a little snack corner, where minifigs can eat 'soep en worst':

13926006168_127e8c10a3_c.jpg

A view of the other side with the original sticker from set 1592:

13925995970_91c6a66028_c.jpg

The other side of the building:

14089464046_b29fb53bbc_c.jpg

The building attached to another modular MOC (bank building), to show the difference in size:

14109349511_4b1a082751_c.jpg

I hope you like it. There's more to see on my flickr-page.

I love it! Well done with a lot of details!

Does the house has some interiors too?

No, only stairs...

Superb! Very European - the roof and the timbered beams are exceptionally well done.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Brilliant! Looks like a real beer house in a European old town..

Very cleverly designed, liked it a lot!

Well done, truly a beautiful building. Building a medieval house is on my list of possible future projects too, maybe I'll even model it after the one I live in :D

Edited by Roger_Smith

Nicely done. I like the roof very much. Those colors work well together. Cheese slopes are awesome.

The build itself looks quite good. I could see it fitting into a downtown or a medieval MOC layout. (although probably have to take down the ice cream sign)..

How rare are those stickers that you used?

That roof looks great! Is that dark red or dark orange you used for the tiles?

The 'soep met worst' sticker isn't the original one, but a replacement from ministickers.nl (owned by Eurobricks member JopieK). The festival sticker however is original; the town square set I own had only one left of the original two, and since the replacement stickers are lightly larger and the original slightly shrunk, I used only replacements on the town square. That left me with one original sticker, used in this MOC. The shield is also a replacement sticker.

I particulary like the grey brick structure, very medieval-like.

Soep met worst? not really a combination I'd like :sick: .

I particulary like the grey brick structure, very medieval-like.

Soep met worst? not really a combination I'd like :sick: .

It is better than the LEGO mistake: "Soap met Worst" from the instructions (011.jpg)!

@Alois, nice job!!! And nice stickers ;)

This is very beautiful. Reminds me of the little village in Germany where we lived for a few years.

Nice roof, and the flower bushes are awesome. It's always funny to see new interpretations of old sets, a lot has happened since then :)

The planks on the side of the 'soep en worst' stall is a good idea. How was it done?