Sign in to follow this  
gilakai

Endor scene made into a flower pot!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all, I am currently working with my wife to create a series of flower pots based on classic movie scenes.

The idea was born when I asked myself: "what would it take for me to love plants more?" The answer: marrying Lego with real plants!

My first set was based on lord of the rings, posted here a few days ago.

My second set is based on the Endor speeder bike chase scene. I recently submitted it as an entry in Lego Ideas, please help support it if you like it!

Front view:

14105238904_d1cf4ec715_b.jpg

Closeup:

14101744412_9770cf21cb_b.jpg

Side view - A buried stormtrooper:

14104838175_335997f99d_b.jpg

Back view:

14124910983_fdb454c8b0_b.jpg

Another side view - an Ewok pit trap:

14101742452_47c13b8f4b_b.jpg

Finally, a close up to look at soil containment ( I added some moss to match the greens):

14124909953_3b7ce066e8_b.jpg

Appreciate any comments on what I could do to improve the set, and if you can spare some time, help support it in Lego Ideas. Thank you!

Maybe you could make different scenes for different colored flowers? Roses and other red flowers- mustafar or sullust, white flowers-hoth, etc.

are you referring to some sort of protection layer on the inside? Not at this moment, but I should start looking into that, enough people has raised concern about possible scratched lego.

Also on the to-modify list:

- lego trees could look better if I use the 2x2 round pieces.

- more detail on the green ground

This looks very fun! The design is atleast good :thumbup:

It seems a bit impractical maybe, but well, if you've got two hobbies and can combine it this way, it's just great!

Definitely a very original idea! I'd like to see some custom-built speeders rather than the official ones, though.

Tatooine would be a good one to do, with a cactus perhaps. Can't think though how one can be done for Hoth!

Definitely a very original idea! I'd like to see some custom-built speeders rather than the official ones, though.

yeah good point - the official ones do seem a little bit too long for the pot. I'll explore that

Tatooine would be a good one to do, with a cactus perhaps. Can't think though how one can be done for Hoth!

Thanks for the pointer... I've been thinking a lot about a cactus scene but can't believe I didn't think of Tatooine!

Fun design. The buried Stormtrooper is the highlight for me. Hope to see more!

amazing. but yeah what about watering it ? won't the water slip between the pieces ?

amazing. but yeah what about watering it ? won't the water slip between the pieces ?

The water doesn't slip through the pieces.. it'll mostly come out of the hole I left at the bottom of the pot.

Also, a quick update below:

14327062134_65704001db_c.jpg

- I've changed the trees to be straight and thick, so that it gives a better feeling of speeder bikes zipping through

- made the speeder bikes shorter so that the size fits better

- changed the type of moss planted in the pot

Edited by gilakai

Also, a quick update below:

- I've changed the trees to be straight and thick, so that it gives a better feeling of speeder bikes zipping through

- made the speeder bikes shorter so that the size fits better

- changed the type of moss planted in the pot

Looks good, the trees match the actual plant there now :classic:.