AoM%20Stables%20Phase%20III%20-%20To%20Horse%21%20%28HoM%20Entry%29%20%281%29.JPG

The moon shone brightly as we rode into the courtyard. Only a couple of hours before Sir Uridius Dratiphe had received a troubling message from the Eastern Guild of Avalonia. Consequently I was setting out for that guild as soon as possible. By midnight the order "To Horse!" had been issued to the few men at arms that were to accompany me to the border, Sir Uridius himself also coming with me for a little ways.

AoM%20Stables%20Phase%20III%20-%20To%20Horse%21%20%28HoM%20Entry%29%20%282%29.JPG

Apparently the men at arms had been chosen so that they could have a bit more experience riding their horses.

AoM%20Stables%20Phase%20III%20-%20To%20Horse%21%20%28HoM%20Entry%29%20%283%29.JPG

AoM%20Stables%20Phase%20III%20-%20To%20Horse%21%20%28HoM%20Entry%29%20%284%29.JPG

As I set out upon this perilous journey, I wonder what sort of adventures the guild of isles and forest, of elves and treehugging tightwearers, has in store for me.

- Sir Douglass Winzer

Here is pic of the courtyard without the horses:

AoM%20Stables%20Phase%20III%20-%20To%20Horse%21%20%28HoM%20Entry%29%20%285%29.JPG

I would like to claim UoP credits for:

Architecture - advanced windows and window frames

Military Science - fortifications

and Anthropology - life in Mitgardia

C&C are welcome :sweet:

Great work, the texturing strategy on the houses is cool (though I wish it was visible in the first picture. +1 UoP DoH for all claims

I like your minifig posing :) And the lighting used (sun i guess) Makes the buildings inderesting. Sweet moc!

I really like the dark green/reddish brown stables, especially the windows :wub: The wall/gate provide a nice backdrop to the scene as well.

Glad you were able to finish it in time :classic:

Thanks all!

This is great! Love the smooth look of the build!

Thanks LV!

Great work, the texturing strategy on the houses is cool (though I wish it was visible in the first picture. +1 UoP DoH for all claims

Thanks, I was hoping it would be a bit more visible, the problem was the shadows from the direct sunlight, since I couldn't find anything to use as a shade :sceptic:

I like your minifig posing :) And the lighting used (sun i guess) Makes the buildings inderesting. Sweet moc!

Thanks Gunman, as I mentioned above, I would have preferred having some shade (like I usually do) :wink:

I really like the dark green/reddish brown stables, especially the windows :wub: The wall/gate provide a nice backdrop to the scene as well.

Glad you were able to finish it in time :classic:

Thanks SK, the windows were mostly inspired by the ones in the light blue house in the Medieval Market Village... and that wall; I had to wreck it about ten times (cause the first nine times I ran out of the pieces I use for the texturing :laugh: )

Wonderful story! Great scene all around. :thumbup:

Thanks HammerBro! :classic:

It's nice tho see the interior of a castle like this, the wall looks really good behind the stables there. Good work on the figure posing as well. :thumbup: +1 UP credit!

Nice MOC, I love the windows!

One suggestion that others have made to me is to make sure there's a solid stack of bricks behind any building facade to prevent the light from seeping through.

It's nice tho see the interior of a castle like this, the wall looks really good behind the stables there. Good work on the figure posing as well. :thumbup: +1 UP credit!

Thanks Kai :classic:

Nice MOC, I love the windows!

One suggestion that others have made to me is to make sure there's a solid stack of bricks behind any building facade to prevent the light from seeping through.

Yea, I know what you are talking about. As you can see I put some bricks behind the windows, it seems like I didn't quiet cover one completely though :look:

Thanks Mrcp6d :wink:

Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this yet! I love the courtyard area and especially that really unique design you used for the buildings. Your technique for the stone floor really works well. Wonderful story, and the minifig posing looks so realistic. Excellent job!

Edited by MassEditor

Great work! It looks so clean, smooth and visually appeal, which is awesome. I really like the differences in roof heigh/how far out the buildings come out from the wall. It's a small detail but it makes the build seem so much more realistic.

I really love this quite a bit and think that is the best you've build so far Garmadon!

I agree with kabel, this is one of your best Moc's to date (that i've seen, anyway), very clean and well composed. :thumbup: Great job with posing the mounting horsemen, they look very dynamic! The courtyard and half-timbered style of the building next to the stables is very nice also. It would have been nice to see some more evenly lit photos though, as it is rather hard to pick out the detail in the deep shadows.

UoP +1 for Fortifications and Life in Mitgardia, however i would like to see something more for the Advanced window frames credit. (For clarification, i would be looking more for windows that are built out of parts that are not purpose specific, ie. without the use of the Lego window frame elements - SNOT, NPU or offsets in your brick built window frames are also highly encouraged)

Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this yet! I love the courtyard area and especially that really unique design you used for the buildings. Your technique for the stone floor really works well. Wonderful story, and the minifig posing looks so realistic. Excellent job!

Thanks MassEditor, the house in the courtyard was my favorite part as well. The hat the first soldier has one was quite a pain as it kept falling off :laugh:

Great work! It looks so clean, smooth and visually appeal, which is awesome. I really like the differences in roof heigh/how far out the buildings come out from the wall. It's a small detail but it makes the build seem so much more realistic.

Thanks, offsetting buildings often helps a lot :wink:

I really love this quite a bit and think that is the best you've build so far Garmadon!

Thanks Kabel, it probably is :classic:

I agree with kabel, this is one of your best Moc's to date (that i've seen, anyway), very clean and well composed. :thumbup: Great job with posing the mounting horsemen, they look very dynamic! The courtyard and half-timbered style of the building next to the stables is very nice also. It would have been nice to see some more evenly lit photos though, as it is rather hard to pick out the detail in the deep shadows.

UoP +1 for Fortifications and Life in Mitgardia, however i would like to see something more for the Advanced window frames credit. (For clarification, i would be looking more for windows that are built out of parts that are not purpose specific, ie. without the use of the Lego window frame elements - SNOT, NPU or offsets in your brick built window frames are also highly encouraged)

Thanks Gabe, it was a lot of fun posing the soldiers :laugh: . Sadly, as the pics were taken very close to noon it was not possible to use shade, I agree that it would have improved the pics a lot. Thanks for the UoP credits as well :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

Very nice build, probably the best one from you I've seen! I like how the buildings are leaning against the mighty wall behind them, and the minifig posing is also well done :classic:

UoP +1 for the claims, as I seem to recall that elaborate framing of window pieces have been accepted before.

Very nice build, probably the best one from you I've seen! I like how the buildings are leaning against the mighty wall behind them, and the minifig posing is also well done :classic:

UoP +1 for the claims, as I seem to recall that elaborate framing of window pieces have been accepted before.

Thanks Gideon!

I had been hoping that I had enough light gray pieces to finish the wall; thanks for theUoP credit as well :classic: