FINALLY after 16 months have I been able to finish my McLaren MP4-12C. For now this was my most challenging project ever. Technical it was a piece of cake, just a 3+R gearbox, but to get the whole thing modular and to get the body look like the real thing was really troublesome.

The Functions:

Steering,

3+R gearbox,

Butterfly wing doors,

Fully modular.

The complete album can be found HERE

13911089978_e3670dfa59_z.jpg

14094482871_72defb5564_z.jpg

14097678825_20bc43a29e_z.jpg

13911075189_c977cd53f2_z.jpg

14097712595_cc23f6b7cc_z.jpg

14094628932_0019af5e6d_z.jpg

MOVIE! :D

14974110003_31a73f45d3_z.jpg

15 Dollars at mocplans :classic:

Edited by dikkie klijn

Wow, awesome creation!

Looks good on both the inside and the outside.

Nice to see the gearbox all the way in the back.

Just love the looks of the chassis.

Great!

Incredible! The styling is magnificent. You've really captured the essence of this car.

Absolutely gorgeous. Probably the best looking combination of brick and technic car that I've seen yet. My only critique is the small amount of axle that catches the wheels. But I understand that is because of the Enzo wheel covers being used.

I've been following this model since it started and it's really amazing!

Great job!!! :thumbup:

I really love this model :wub:

I hope I can make an LDraw file and maybe even instructions.

Wow i have been following this project for a while and it looks great! Please make instructions :wub:

Excellent! I really like the way you made it modular and paid so much attention to how the chassis looks, even though it's not visible when the bodywork is attached. I'd love to see more detailed photos of the door hinges to see how you solved that challenge.

Finally!!!!! I've been waiting and watching this forever! Magnificent!!

Very cool. One of these days I'm going to have to build a 1:8 scale Technic supercar myself. Looks like a fun project.

Thank you all :blush:

Absolutely gorgeous. Probably the best looking combination of brick and technic car that I've seen yet. My only critique is the small amount of axle that catches the wheels. But I understand that is because of the Enzo wheel covers being used.

Yes that is true, it was a decision to sacrifice performance and rigidity for looks. I had the faint idea of cutting of the length of the axle behind the enzo wheel cover, but thinking about that made me puke :sick:

Excellent! I really like the way you made it modular and paid so much attention to how the chassis looks, even though it's not visible when the bodywork is attached. I'd love to see more detailed photos of the door hinges to see how you solved that challenge.

Here you go:

13915731089_aacc5a7c22_z.jpg

WOW, any Chance of instruction ?

There is actually :wink:. But i'm very busy with my school etc so don't expect them to soon :tongue:.

I can only add to everyone else's comments and say how great it looks, love the way it all comes apart

Gorgeous car man, excellent job on the styling. One of the better-looking supercars done in Technic I've ever seen. Hope you'll make (paid?) instructions!

Such a nice mix of studless panels and studded parts! And the door mechanism is really great.