Yooha

Fairground Dodgems

Seeing the new 10244 Fairground Mixer set made my excited, and the idea of an amusement park ride being mobile is brilliant. I thought it will be quite a challenge to continue what TLG started and design something similar. Here is what I came up with:

Fairground dodgems

The whole thing can be packed onto a truck and assemble on site. The two half of the building is attached using clips. As the total area covered is quite big, it has no floor- use it on flat surface! The Technic axles on top help the whole structure being more stable while traveling.

With three cars and a ticket booth.

The truck is basically the 3221 LEGO City Truck. I wanted to concentrate on the dodgems.

13909700017_e631291ef1_o.png

14096778934_c596fc0cac_o.png

14073233316_eee742fa11_o.png

14096328225_f1d6b1b520_o.png

14093117281_4f92724db2_o.png

That's really clever and would fit in well with the fairground theme.

My only qualm would be the lack of tiled baseplate underneath, considering you'd need a smooth surface for the official ride and I can't imagine they would set it up anywhere. I realize in LEGO form, you don't have the luxury of something folding up and be tiled to fit on the truck.

Otherwise, it is looking great. I could see this as an add-on set. I may have to try my hand at this in the future. Sounds fun.

Looking at it, I suspect a floor may be possible - 8 off 8x16 tiles look like they would cover it, and if you removed the poles from the cars and one of the technic axles would stack vertically above them in the truck, that is with the 8 long side vertical, without sticking out of the top. How they are secured both on and off the truck might be the determining thing though. I suspect that on the real thing the floor does not fold, but is in sections which are dismantled and stacked.

Very clever and looks great too! Well done.

Never thought about all the potential that this idea of mobile fairgrounds had, but you definitely proved there are a lot of possibilities! That looks great!

Thanks everyone.

If you haven't seen it, you might want to look at:

http://l-rides.com/

It wouldn't surprise me if that guy didn't inspire the new Fairground Mixer.

Wow, this project is insane! How many rides/shops are there? Many of them looks too complicated to an official set, they looks impressive though.

What a neat idea. I love bumper cars! Maybe I"ll make something similar, except mine probably wouldn't be mobile( Lego truck style that is) due to the baseplate underneath.

I'really hooked on this mobile fairground idea with the mixer set, I never thought I come to love it so much. And it's good to see it started other people's imagination. I hope TLG will consider making a series of these kind of vehicles.

That's a really neat MOC's you made, the dodgem cars are really cute and I like how it folds. The lack of floor doesn't bother me.

Another way to do the floor would be to have it hinged so it folds up in between the two wall sections, although this might be hard to do because of the wall section that alrready swings in.

If you haven't seen it, you might want to look at:

http://l-rides.com/

It wouldn't surprise me if that guy didn't inspire the new Fairground Mixer.

I cannot believe how many times that guy cuts base plates to make the shepes he wants.

I cannot believe how many times that guy cuts base plates to make the shepes he wants.

Noticed that, too. It's not done, is it, really...

Great design, Yooha! Love the carts, and a great job of getting it all on the truck.

Keep putting those bricks together.

This is an excellent MOCset, Yooha! :wub:

I really like the design as well as the funcitonality as well as the playability.

It's only a pity that it's too hard to add any mechanism to this attraction so that the cars could really move. So I'm sure TLG will sadly never release a set like this.

Klaus-Dieter

This is a very well tought and cute addition to the fairground! I like the color scheme and the ticket booth + the mobility of it all. My only suggestion would be to find a use for the axles when it's delpoyed. For example a flagpole for the ticket booth :) (I admired the efficiency of the part usage with the official set, it adds a bit of playability to occupy the little hands deploying and dismantling the set.)

Thanks for sharing!

Amazing! The choice of colours for the frame and 1x1 round tiles works so well, and I can't believe you got it all to fit on one truck. Thank you so much for sharing the LDD file too!

This would be a perfect compliment to the Fairground Mixer, and is very impressively designed to function well both on and off the truck. Very well done!

Well done! Our town has its annual carnival in town this week, and being on rides like The Mixer and Dodgems got me thinking about MOC'ing a couple sets. Thanks for the inspiration!