InvincibleEagle

Favorite childhood theme?

It was Harry Potter and spiderman (I'm 18) I got into them when I got two sets as Christmas gifts. I had this catalogue from the year 2000 and I thought I would still be able to get a knight's kingdom set, but being in the late 2003 and living in Mexico, my parents weren't likely to find that set. Instead I got the spiderman bridge and Dumbledore's office. Since then I was head over heels with those themes. I remember that christmas morning checking out the Pine tree and finding two big gifts :wub: It was magical.

Castle all the way. The Black Falcons were my good guys often teaming up with the Forestmen. I had every castle set at one point and still own them all now.

D

Definitely classic castle and pirates. I had almost all of those sets from the crusaders up to dark forest. I really enjoyed blacktron II and m:tron, but my heart belongs to castle or pirates. Interesting that Harry potter and kingdoms is what brought me out of my box (my name for dark ages). Also interesting that most of my MOCs have been city related. Good thing I'm working on a castle and a pirate ship to make up for it.

Same here: Kingdoms brought me out of my Dark Ages, but most of my MOCs are City related. I even have a City layout, but no Castle/Kingdoms one. I do have a couple of Forestmen sets in a small shelf, but most of my Legoing is City related. That's curious!

For me it was Blacktron and Ice Planet were my favorites for sure. Had the Blacktron Renegade, loved that ship and the black/yellow of the first wave of Blacktron. One of these days I will rebuild it, still missing a bunch of pieces that got lost over the years. Ice Planet, I had probably all of the smaller sets in this theme but never got the big ones. Loved the blue and white with the trans neon-orange skis/chainsaws. Still have most of the pieces from these sets since it was more in my teenage years and I was more careful with them. Space themes have always been my favorites.

Edited by beatpoet

Adventurers, best theme ever,

I spent hours creating stories and building temples for Johnny Thunder, miss Pippin and Dr. Kilroy to explore.

Before this theme excisted my favourite was aquazone as well, although I couldn't convince my parents to buy me the big sets back then :laugh: .

Pirates. I can still remember saving up my pocket money/birthday money to buy Broadside's Brig to go along with my Forbidden Island.

Definitely Classic Space for me too, although like many others I did have some Classic Town and early Technic stuff as well.

It was, and still is, technic for me. But other sets that did interest me back then were the 90's trains, castles, and pirate ships.

Western no doubt, we spent years drooling over fort legoredo! We eventually got most sets, but never the fort :frown: Also, the kingdom theme was great, most of our building was centered in those areas. (I just noticed I used "we" throughout, that would be my brothers and I, just the way lego should be)

It's a tie between city and castle. I'm born in the year of The Lord 1982 and remember some awesome castle sets from about 87 to the mid 90's. From then on it went down hill in my opinion. To many wizards and those awful fright nights. I was more for the good old fashioned crusaders and black falcons, and definedly the forestmen. I also lost a little bit of interest in city sets in the mid/late 90's, probably when mocing really started for me:) I just recently dug out my old castle minifigs and started organizing my armies again, feels great:)

My toys were mostly chosen by my mother so I didn't have many choices, but I can remember that Paradisa was my favoraite part of LEGO.

All the mid 90s space themes - M-Tron, Blacktron II, Space Police II, Spyrius, and Ice Planet 2002. I can't pick just one because they were all so cool.

Mine would probably be Star Wars. When it first came out as LEGO sets I had a blast building the models. I was also excited to make my own creations and scenes based in the characters. It was my jumpstart into LEGO system after playing with DUPLO.

For building my own creations: Space (80's era). I built and rebuilt so many vulgar spaceships. It was all about size, maximum amount of trans-bricks and antennas/discs everywhere.

For playing: Castle. And especially the forestmen faction. I only had one set of forestmen (6054 - Forestmen Hideout) but it was awesome.

Honorable mention: Pirates. I went into my dark ages in the early 90s so I only saw a few sets of pirates. But I'm pretty sure Pirates would have become my favorite theme if I hadn't entered the dark ages.

Has to be Dino Attack. When I was nine my family were at Toys'r'us at the Barbie and stuff aisle. While my older sister was looking at the new Barbies I noticed some of the new LEGO Dino Attack sets on the end of an aisle and walked over to look. I instantly fell in love with 7476: Iron Predator vs. T-Rex. I asked my parents if I could get it for my birthday. My mom instantly said no, saying that it was a "boy-toy." So, on my birthday a few days later I got some Barbies and some other junk. Though later that day my aunt gave me a gift card to Toys'r'us. Later she took me to toys'r'us to pick out something. I instantly ran to the LEGO aisle and grabbed 7476 Iron-Predator-vs-T-Rex. I got home and built it. I've loved that set ever since..... Though my mom sold all my LEGO at a yard sell a few years back without my consent. So I'm just getting back into LEGO.

Edited by lego3364

I am pretty certain they did not have any themes when I was a child. They had red and white bricks, windows, doors and wheels.

Sounds like my basic bricks childhood. No minifigs back then. I really liked the trains with the blue tracks.

From 1991 I was all about space, Blacktron 2, Space police 2 but espacially Ice Planet! In 1994 I forgot about Space and I loved Castle and a little bit of pirates.

It started with a few wolfpack and black knights sets but I really began to love it when I got my first dragon knights set. After that it was the Royal Knights, and Fright knights. Than I felt a little too old for lego but still bought a few Ninja and Adventurers sets. After that I went to my dark years..

I'd say Classic Space, except I wasn't around at the time :laugh:

For me it would probably be Adventurers, for some reason I really loved the theme and made several stop-action videos entitled "The Adventures of the Adventurers..." Dunno what I was thinking with the name :grin:

Other than that, the favorite theme I enjoy collecting but never got around to buying as a kid is Blacktron...

Bionicle :3

How did I forget that...????