Sign in to follow this  
WARHEAD

Sekinetsu

Searing red

14085126831_a3c71e345e_z_d.jpg

14108408133_1db4b1db09_m.jpg 14088324695_1eb9afcaac_m_d.jpg 14108411313_b952c5804e_m_d.jpg 14088326965_84dd4c4c30_m_d.jpg

As always, no real back story to this guy, I just wanted to build something dynamic with loads of red. The Carapace opens up in the back to reveal a jet thruster as you can see on the pictures. The finished product kind of reminded me of something you'd get as an enemy in some Japanese shmup or something so I looked up a cool sounding phrase and the name stuck.

I really like the contrast of the tiny skinny frame and limbs against the big hollow shell.

So yeah, your comments and criticism is welcome, as always.

Ah, I like that face! The insctoid shape of the whole thing works really well. One question, though- how well does it stand up on those feet?

Hehe, thanks! It's all a matter of finding the center of balance, fairly easy if you know how.

Yes, that face is great. And whole this MOC is great, in my opinion. Maybe only legs aren't as great as other parts of your work, but they fit to it and are pretty good. And I love its opening back function.

-H.unter

Great work, especially on the face! I really like this, and you definitely succeeded in making a dynamic and memorable MOC!

Feels like a midstage miniboss.

Yep, exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. Thanks man ;D

Wow, it really exudes character. All of the parts work together so perfectly. Very cohesive and sleek. Excellent work. :thumbup:

Interestingly, it brought to mind a videogame mini boss for me as well before I read your or Chro's posts. :laugh: