Sign in to follow this  
NinjaTron

[HSH] Cat A: Space Bungalow

Here is my entry for the Home Sweet Home Category A Eurobricks contest.

I haven’t really had much time to build anything with my work schedule, but I saw this contest and instantly had a solid idea that could come together in the time given. I was inspired by the 1950s era vision of the future, so I went with a space-styled bungalow.

sam_2221_bungalow.jpg

sam_2204_front.jpg

sam_2220_roof.jpg

sam_2217_interior.jpg

sam_2210_landing-pad.jpg

The speeder was influenced by the 1958 Sunray Sedan concept car.

sam_2211_sunray-speeder.jpg

I’m grateful to Bod De Quatre and Eurobricks for offering this unique contest. I’ve seen a lot of great builds for this contest, and I hope you enjoy mine. Good luck to everyone!

This is a gorgeous build! Such great details! I love the minifigures you've created for this as well as your space ship. Feels like something out of Jetsons.

Wow. Love the retro feel here. Very nice MOC. It looks like a fun place to live in.

This reminds me of all those classic sci-fi movies that were on TV in the early evenings as a child, I grew up watching stuff like Forbiden planet and Invaders from mars. I love all the stylistic details you have added such as the canopies used for a bay window and the curved edges on all the corners very 50's retro. Also you built a starfield backdrop in brick! very original and way cool.

Nice entry! Il ove those little humoristic little scenes (sweeping robot, ET and ET dog on the street...!)

I was thinking more along the lines of an Alien Conquest Cold War era, and wasn't thinking Jetsons, but I totally see it! Thank you all for your feedback!

:facepalm: If I'd seen this before I'd voted, I would have gone for this......

Well, my votes gone now, so there is nothing I can do about it...

Anyway, great MOC especially the spaceship!