Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

Warlords of Nocturnus: Anfauglir: Phase 1

13890040067_21bd164672.jpg

Lord Anfauglir is my sig fig and the number two guy in the faction I'm developing for Nocturnus. He is the loyal lieutenant and enforcer of Senurhem Nogad's will. Nicknamed The Black Maw by his troops and enemies alike, Anfauglir has been a servant of Senurhem's longer than any other. He is trusted primarily with the enforcement of internal affairs and as captain of the dreaded Vulkhar, powerful liches clad in black who ride undead mounts to battle.It is rumored that Anfauglir was once a mortal man who, through the most profane practice of necromancy, succeeded in attaining eternal life - but at a cost. Instead of maintaining the visage of his youth Anfauglir slowly deteriorated into the horrific, undead monster he is today.

14073464171_e7329b7837.jpg

14053547796_bcb28ae557.jpg

Though new to Nocturnus, Anfauglir and the rest of Senurhem's forces have declared their solid allegiance to these shadowy lands and commit themselves to the fight against the Black Spire. Anfauglir is a lover of siege weapons and spends much of his time maintaining his tower defenses and training troops in their use.

13890067000_1d60b11541.jpg

When not serving his master's will and attempting to undermine the forces of good, Anfauglir enjoys an evening alone over a nice bottle of Avalonian wine and a pipe of Kaliphlin tobacco (all wrongfully gained, of course).

14077130714_2789e00e25.jpg

13890034289_48d16422d2.jpg

Any C&C welcome!

Wow! *oh2*I love the tower and the skeleton in the cage suits this build really well.What did you use to make the doors?Can you show some closeups?

Sweet tower! The angled entrance, and pointy accents everywhere look superb :thumbup: Great idea with the siege weapons too, I may borrow the boiling caldron design :classic:

Lovely photography and excellent moc MassEditor!! Sweet job once again.

I love the tower. I really like the enterance and the second level. Great entry!

Really cool warlord MassEditor! I really like the different layers in your vig, each showing a different side to your character. The seige weapons have to be my fav part of the build - such good designs, compact but very functional looking. :classic::thumbup:

Excellent. More power in Nocturnus!

I think we are preparing to take over Historica now. >:}

Very good work, I especially like all the little wooden contrivances on top! Great job photographing the black too, that something I always find a pain!

Very nice photography and story, ME! I must ask, how did you acheive the sides of the vig?

Thanks man! Here's a pic of how the sides attach:

14079821831_075cee16c7.jpg

This is great! It definitely fits your style!

I appreciate it! Believe me, I'm not through with those orange 1x1 dots just yet! :tongue:

Nice moc, the bookcases and the lava are a nice touch.

I love the tower. I really like the enterance and the second level. Great entry!

Very nice! So much detail and it looks so clean! :wub:

This is amazing! Great work!

Thanks a lot guys!

Quick question, how does a lich drink Avalonian wine? Wouldn't it go right threw him?

Yes, and the best part is, no hangovers. :grin:

Wow! *oh2*I love the tower and the skeleton in the cage suits this build really well.What did you use to make the doors?Can you show some closeups?

Thanks LR! The door is a simple SNOT design and attached to a hinge plate to get the angle. Here's a closer pic:

13896401259_98d05e3200.jpg

Sweet tower! The angled entrance, and pointy accents everywhere look superb :thumbup: Great idea with the siege weapons too, I may borrow the boiling caldron design :classic:

Hey SK, thanks a lot! Please borrow away good sir! I would be honored to see one of these cauldrons in one of your excellent MOCs! :blush:

Lovely photography and excellent moc MassEditor!! Sweet job once again.

Thanks again Gunman for the encouragement!

Really cool warlord MassEditor! I really like the different layers in your vig, each showing a different side to your character. The seige weapons have to be my fav part of the build - such good designs, compact but very functional looking. :classic::thumbup:

Thanks a ton Gabe! :classic: I thought about adding another level to show off Anfauglir's romantic side, but I figured I better keep things PG rated on here. :tongue:

The weapons were definitely my favorite part of the build!

Excellent. More power in Nocturnus!

I think we are preparing to take over Historica now. >:}

I haven't been here long, but that seems like it should be the natural order of things. :grin:

Very good work, I especially like all the little wooden contrivances on top! Great job photographing the black too, that something I always find a pain!

Thanks Kai, yeah it can be tough, especially with all the dust a black MOC can gather in such a short time frame! I tried some late afternoon shooting on a partly cloudy day and that really seemed to make a huge difference compared to the lights I use inside.

Edited by MassEditor

Nice story and excellent build, MassEditor!

As others have mentioned, great job on the siege engine and the cauldrons :thumbup:

I like the book cases as well and all the black pieces (especially on the sides of the build) :moar:

Keep it up :wink:

This fella looks like he could use a hug!! =)

The moc is brilliant! The siege weapons and the layers in the moc are outstanding!

Man, you've got style! The way you use 1x1 round bricks to reflect lava is fantastic, just as it was as well, in Crater of Doom.

Keep up the good work!

:classic:

Edited by SRT907

Really nice vignette! Love the three very different levels with their nice details! :thumbup:

Looking forward to more of your builds!

Man, you've got style! The way you use 1x1 round bricks to reflect lava is fantastic, just as it was as well, in Crater of Doom.

Keep up the good work!

:classic:

SRT, stop it, you're making me blush! :blush: Thank you for the kind words! I've got a few more ideas for those 1x1 orange dots before it's all said and done with! :laugh:

Wow! That's awesome! Love it!

Thanks Infernum!

Nice story and excellent build, MassEditor!

As others have mentioned, great job on the siege engine and the cauldrons :thumbup:

I like the book cases as well and all the black pieces (especially on the sides of the build) :moar:

Keep it up :wink:

Thank you much for the great encouragement Garmadon! :sweet:

This fella looks like he could use a hug!! =)

The moc is brilliant! The siege weapons and the layers in the moc are outstanding!

Thanks de Gothia! It gets lonely in that old tower of his, so maybe a hug isn't a bad idea. Undead are kinda boney though! :tongue:

Really nice vignette! Love the three very different levels with their nice details! :thumbup:

Looking forward to more of your builds!

Thanks a lot Rolli! :classic:

Very nice build and a promising story!

My favourite part is probably the library level, not least because of the wonderful closeup photo there :classic:

Keep up the good work!