Sign in to follow this  
SuRrEaLNJ

[MOC] Quint Fire Apparatus

That's a sweet MOC. I've never actually seen a Quint that is full length with the dual rear axels. I've only ever encountered the ones on the shorter wheelbases designed for tight city streets. The details on yours look perfect. From the colors I am going to guess Chicago as the source inspiration? I know they run a lot of Quints and have the black cab roof.

Edited by Faefrost

Nice work. I personally like 8 wide vs 6 wide. This is my 8 wide quint. I opted for purist lego striping vs door functionality.

6748261999_33357713a1_z.jpg

This is my 8 wide fleet just to show a comparison to other units besides the Quint

6750068657_157937a037_z.jpg

It is a bit on the big side, but i know some ariels are 40+ foot long, so tis not completely unreasonable, i built it around the fact that it was to have 2 sets of doors, plus long cab, plus side ladders and dual axles, so i was cramming a lot in the platform. think it wound up being about as proportionately to tall as it was to long. i found the aesthetics to work, so went with it. My so called lego dark ages were full of things like GI Joe as an adult collector, started collecting action figures seriously in high school through my 20s, so i guess im used to the slight of scale up and down. did i mention i ramble?

The colors are reminiscent of Chicago, but NYFD would be closer to home for me, i went to go with the white roof, but it just didnt look right so i switched it out for the black to bring another color in.

didn't think my return would be inspirational, but color me pleased to be of inspiration. ive been on a slow return over the last 5 years or so, but didn't really start playing (building, creating, mocing, experimenting, anything no set related) again till recently notice ive been here since 08 without much to say till well now

For the photos i used to have a dedicated photo booth setup when i was doing Joe customs and what not, I've somewhat downgraded to the posteboard and dining room lamp method, but im glad to know it passes.

Mrcool, those 8 wides sure are some sweet rigs

Thanks to everyone for the kind words :laugh: