I'm looking to rebuild my lego collection. And i'm starting with the 42009 Crane MK II. What other sets would you recommend that contains the most used\wanted parts in case I would be building MOCs? I'm not really going for the colors at this stage, i'd be content with just having the right assortment and quantity of technic parts to make proper MOCs.

Thanks guys!

The 42009 is a great starting point, I would say!

Depending on what kind of MOCs you want to eventually build, there are a lot of nice sets. Personally I would recommend 8043 if you can still get it at a reasonable price, as it has the PF stuff, tracks, LA's, and seeing as the 42009 is yellow, it brings more parts that will come to good use in your MOCs.

I am personally at a point now where I think I have most of the parts I'll ever need, as I usually only keep a single MOC built at a time. The only things I'd buy are specialized parts and the occational newly released useful parts.

But in the beginning, if you start to build a MOC, and see that you for example need some new wheels, some technical parts (gears etc), and more parts of a given colour, I would try to find a set that has many of those features, compared to just buying the exact parts you need :classic:

8110 is also really good, already not so easy - but still possible to get it for good price. But it has PF, pneumatic, suspension, differentials, good wheels and generaly big amount of parts

9398 is now probably cheapest way how to get RC, PF including servo motor in set

Edited by Misa_Kulicka

thanks for the fast replies guys! :blush:

8043 - i've actually been looking at this a few days ago. I could definitely use those tracks, LAs and more PF motors. But i think i won't worry too much about RC, not yet at least. :grin: my problem is to find a cheap seller/store.

8258 - cool, looks like a lot of useful parts in there, might take a closer look

8110/9398 - both are hard to get by, especially the 9398 i believe. and if it's even available, i bet it would be too expensive :wacko:

I agree with the above sets, you could aim for 42006, 42007 and 42005 if you need springs, wheels and tracks. 42006 is good if you can't get 8043 and you can always get the power functions motor set to go with it.

H

8258-amazing set with lots of complexity

8110- parts, pneumatics, fun build

8043 8275 and 9398 RC

i personally like 8070 as it is good for car MOCS

8258, 8043, 8285, 8110 and 8265 for those wheels. I would say 8275 but it is a preety expensive set.

I'd get :

2 x 42009

1 x 9396

2 x 42006

and the IR from bricklink

starting from there I'd see what I'm missing for my MOCs and order spare parts from bricklink