Sign in to follow this  
MrFluffles

Moc NMBS AM 66 v2

Hey everyone.

After building my first mod inspired by the actual AM 62-66 trains,

I tried to actually make a lego replica model of the train.

In my previous topic I showed the edited 'fronts' on which I've been building further upon.

Here you can see my progress so far,

I honestly think it looks good so far, although a little 'bland' lack of detail on the sides, but once the top and panthograph and bogies are added I think it will become a lot better!

I tried replicating the same amount of windows on the side, but, due to the length I had to remove one window in the middle in order to shorten the carriage just a bit to make it 'realistic'.

am_66_remake_1.png

am_66_remake_2.png

am_66_remake_3.png

am_66_remake_4.png

And here is the original train http://postimg.org/image/a6m0ly8wd/

Thanks! I'll be posting the progress as I work on it!

Update 1.

Here I've edited the roof a bit.

As well as finishing the overall layout of the carriage.

The cables are to be put and bend when build in bricks on the roof itself connecting to the pantograph at the far end of the carriage (Still has to be build)

The second carriage will not have the cables nor pantograph.

The boxes on top of every door are actually variations in the design. There were a lot of different AM66's with many little tweaks and differences.

One of those variations were the boxes a top every door, which I decided to add to give it more detail. for reference see: 624_charleroi at_22-10-2000x.jpg (current liverei)

svrud0.jpg

nn62aw.jpg

More to come, as it develops!

That is looking good. The length is looking perfect now.

I really like the front cabin. Very good detailing there.

Thanks! It took me a lot of work to get it right, it's quite fragile, but I tried to connect some pieces together in order to make it all stick.

It won't fall apart, that's for sure :p

I really like this! It's been a while since I've seen one in real life but it's very recognisable. And some great detailing on the front!

At 60 long you're gonna need some wide curves to make it look good on track...

I really like this! It's been a while since I've seen one in real life but it's very recognisable. And some great detailing on the front!

At 60 long you're gonna need some wide curves to make it look good on track...

Thank you! And yes that's true. lego has a single very tight curve, which will never be capable of making models of real life trains look adequately good.

I think I'll just present it on a straight track, or buy in the future some of those 'third' party wider curves.

if not I'll have to shorten the train. But I'm planning on actually making it in brick one day! so who knows!

Thanks again tho! I love working on it!