KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I have an issue with AE website : from the "New Arrival" tab (uri like <locale or www>.aliexpress.com/store/new-arrivals/<storeid>.html?tracelog=newarrivals_tab ), only the first 45 first elements are displayed,

so when it says "We found 57 new arrivals for you!" that means I cannot see 12 that are likely pre-release, any suggestion on how to unlock them ?

Just now, palandir said:

I have an issue with AE website : from the "New Arrival" tab (uri like <locale or www>.aliexpress.com/store/new-arrivals/<storeid>.html?tracelog=newarrivals_tab ), only the first 45 first elements are displayed,

so when it says "We found 57 new arrivals for you!" that means I cannot see 12 that are likely pre-release, any suggestion on how to unlock them ?

When it happens in a store, I just click on "Products" then I sort by "New".

1 minute ago, wasswass said:

When it happens in a store, I just click on "Products" then I sort by "New".

It is more complicated than that : "New Arrival" , for me, often displays some "really" new elements that does not appear at all in "Products"
(This means usually the seller hadn't fully published it since he has no stock but you can still pass an order if you are willing to wait)

22 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Meh, I'm all about the figs. Of course, having said that, if the set had some decent figs, I'm def. getting it.

:laugh:

Yeah. I actually think the companies that concentrate on the brick based products really don't do particularly good figures. From what I've seen the Lepin Star Wars sets for TFA had some pretty iffy figures.

It was more down to the clamour from the Marvel fans for some really top end building based sets rather than just vehicles etc. With them cloning another Ideas modular set along with the full line up of regular modular sets I'm wondering whether they'll go into something like that. Either that or Wayne Manor.

I  must admit looking at those new figures they look absolutely terrible. You can see the quality difference on the DLP Batman figures to the X-Men figures. As long as the DLP Batman wave has a decent Flashpoint Batman I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Is it me, or are the prices of the figs going up more and more? 

I noticed that today. Also TT toys started charging quite a bit for delivery.

They're certainly not worth a price increase. If we get to see more DLP and SY then I'll still consider picking up the odd figure of interest but at the current Pogo and Xinh quality the 80p asking price is too much for what you get.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Is it me, or are the prices of the figs going up more and more? 

Well the pound seems to be going down the pan further and further. Paid for something through PayPal earlier today and there rate is $1.20 = £1.

New figures also cost a premium. Wait a month or two and they'll hopefully be a little cheaper.

1 hour ago, kid said:

Not sure if this is new but here is SY 745. The Mark 2 look good.

Nothing to see here. These are all Marks that have been done (Mark 2 is War Machine).

I really wish they would go ahead and give us some Marks which haven't been done like Shades, Casanova, Southpaw... or even a better Blue Steel...

That War Machine is one of the oldest SY Iron Man figures around. As much as it's a very easy pass on these I'm just glad to see SY still doing minifigs.

SY is now divided in 3 different entities: SY, DLP ans sen bao. i don't understand their strategy but they are still releasing stuff...

guys i'm looking for that all black/golden astromech droid (don't know its name), have you seen it somewhere for a good price ?

I'm also looking after a decent Jestro with his book of spells, the only fig i've seen is a lele ? is it good ?

10 minutes ago, briksen said:

SY is now divided in 3 different entities: SY, DLP ans sen bao. i don't understand their strategy but they are still releasing stuff...

guys i'm looking for that all black/golden astromech droid (don't know its name), have you seen it somewhere for a good price ?

I'm also looking after a decent Jestro with his book of spells, the only fig i've seen is a lele ? is it good ?

Don't forget the 'S' brand that did the Falcon Commandos. Are they related to SY?

13 minutes ago, briksen said:

the full name of the S brand is sen bao, i think

In that case your original messages makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, briksen said:

What about this one :) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pcs-Nexus-Knights-Building-Blocks-Combination-minifigures-Super-Hero-Toys-For-Children-Compatible-With-Legoed-JP79301/32690523882.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.271.1z9Bni&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_116_10065_117_10068_114_115_10069_113_10017_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10078_10079_10073_10071_10070_10052_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_4&btsid=9809a0b4-e6a7-442d-a0fc-be412d430dbe

3 minutes ago, Mattyj82 said:

What about kf? Seem to release sy figs aswel

Kopf is hard to describe... Let's say it is not a manufacturer of its own, nor a "real" brand.

I think at first it was "real" factory sub-components : mainly from DLP and sold as single sales (without additionnal bricks or accessories nor packaging), maybe it is still the case for single sales

But now it also seems to be just a fake rebranding for almost anything : some big sellers are putting Kopf logo on Enlightment or Jiego items for instance, and I don't think it is because Kopf copied their design nor that they all belong to the same holding, no it's simply just changing the label.

36 minutes ago, MNW said:

it's lele and i doubt their quality is good enough, furthermore it's 2€ for one figure and 6€ for the 8 figs of that set, this ratio is not that great ...

on the other hand i think it's the only brand with that Jestro. SY released one set with jestro (sy616 ?) but he don't have his book (lazy SY :angry:)...

56 minutes ago, palandir said:

Kopf is hard to describe... Let's say it is not a manufacturer of its own, nor a "real" brand.

I think at first it was "real" factory sub-components : mainly from DLP and sold as single sales (without additionnal bricks or accessories nor packaging), maybe it is still the case for single sales

But now it also seems to be just a fake rebranding for almost anything : some big sellers are putting Kopf logo on Enlightment or Jiego items for instance, and I don't think it is because Kopf copied their design nor that they all belong to the same holding, no it's simply just changing the label.

I think thats the store call kopf adding the kopf  logo in the picture. (They have more stores bricks minifigures,alibuilding blocks etc)

The figs iv seen so far are sy 1s. Iv got a few kopf figs they are the same as the sy figs (2 big hulks 1 had a sy brick in bag,other long legged galactus) im waiting of big fig colossus from kf at the min. Again its a copy of the sy 1. 

But then again the new wave with chucky fredfy etc is also kopf brand. But only stores selling them are kopf and his other stores. 

Edited by Mattyj82