KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Real Images of:

Pogo Amidala

Pogo Count Dooku (movie version) with curved lightsaber

Pogo Count Dooku (clone wars 3d version) with curved lightsaber

Unknown Brand Darth Malgus

And new Pogo Star Wars' figure: Darth Maul Bionic Legs (Clone Wars 3d Face (awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful faces)). Not Real Image

Those look kind of mediocre. Like definitely not on par with official. Shame really.

Thank you! I think I'm going to hold out for another seller, though. I just had to get a refund from them on something else.

No problemo, and ah damnit, I hope they don't mess me around lol

I wonder if it's worth us keeping a list of sellers who have messed us about. I'm currently battling treasure case over my missing Thanos

How did the Flash in the recent messy Xinh wave turn out? I figured that since Zoom and Reverse Flash are passable (though I'll be looking for a replacement head on RF and cowls for the both of them) I might as well make do until the day we get reprints.

As for dodgy sellers, it'd probably be worth waiting until we have 3 or so reports of a seller messing up before blacklisting them entirely. I'm sure almost all of them megabluck up sometimes, particularly when it comes to presales or so many different things being released at once.

I have a recent order from treasure case that I didn't received too

Edited by abby17

I wonder if it's worth us keeping a list of sellers who have messed us about. I'm currently battling treasure case over my missing Thanos

I never got my Thanos, but they refunded as soon as I put a dispute in. Awful seller.

It doesn't help that a lot of the sellers operate under different names.

My blacklisted sellers:

• Block Toy Wholesales
  • KOPF TOY Co., Limited
  • Remote Control Toy Club
  • Treasure Case
  • Fujian Changhe Electronic Commerce Co.,Ltd

My three favorite sellers for minifigures:

• World Minifigures
  • AliExpress Blocks 2.0
  • Megao Electronics Trade

My two favorite sellers for big sets (modulars, SSD, etc.):

• Yiwu Teng Can E-commerce
  • Teng Can e-commerce LTD

These aren't really considered bootlegs since they're actually officially licensed, but I'll post them anyways since some people might be interested. The Star Diamond company made some Kung Fu Panda sets. I bought a couple of them with low expectations, and they were a little better then I was expecting. The large base plates were slightly warped, which is common with most imitation Lego brands, but if you can build with some patience it holds together okay when it's done. Also one of the Po's from a set had a slightly loose arm, but he can still hold it up, even when holding his staff. Overall I would say that quality wise they are at least on par with Mega Bloks, and could almost be better if they fixed their warping base plates problem.

HTB16l_NKpXXXXcCXXXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg?size=277963&height=646&width=790&hash=44c256c964756bf7bc7928a1167de075

HTB1FvbFKpXXXXXpXFXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg?size=227432&height=606&width=790&hash=ba84a418a6bc91c9aaa0151dfbd9a7e0

link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-NEW-Kung-Fu-Panda-3-Model-Training-Room-Kitchen-Contest-Field-Panda-Village-Figures-Building/32681497107.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.332.Kzmhxt

Yes they probably all make mistakes but this forum is a good way to exchange honest feedbacks on the frequency of errors and how/if it was resolved.

I only ordered MFs, no block box yet, but I can confirm I never had any issue with the "favorite" listed above

I had at least 3 other sellers with no issue but they have a smaller catalog so maybe i'll stick to the big one in the future unless it is for a specific brand (eg : gudi, doll, jie star are not very distributed by the big shops)

Some stores are controversial : wasswass listed "KOPF TOY Co., Limited" as something to avoid, lots of us here already ordered from "Minifigures Wholesale" (plural :1613002) which is probably in fact the same seller (same catalog), the global opinion seems to be ok, but on each of my 2 orders there were a mixup, so yes they do the job but not that well.

Personnaly I'd rather spend a little more but have fully reliable seller, but maybe if you accept to go through a longer process of complain and reorder then those stores are for you.

The most important is to blacklist sellers that does not deliver at all, especially when it comes to sets : 5$ MF mixup is not the same as 75$ completely lost.

Another hint is when the delivery cost are high, especially for MF : this probably a way of saying there is no stock.

(For sets it may just be a way to lure searches ordered by price)

My blacklisted sellers:

• Block Toy Wholesales
  • KOPF TOY Co., Limited
  • Remote Control Toy Club
  • Treasure Case
  • Fujian Changhe Electronic Commerce Co.,Ltd

My three favorite sellers for minifigures:

• World Minifigures
  • AliExpress Blocks 2.0
  • Megao Electronics Trade

My two favorite sellers for big sets (modulars, SSD, etc.):

• Yiwu Teng Can E-commerce
  • Teng Can e-commerce LTD

Today my rancor arrived, ordered on presale at £2.05p from megeao, honestly never expected to see it as prices rapidly shot up, but arrived, its great, arms click in and has a ratchet style click as it rotates, jaw is firm, fingers tight but in a good way for playabilty, another great knock off and renewed my trust in megeao. They let me down twice, but have refunds, then his prices went really high but i risked him for this and am very pleased

Today my rancor arrived, ordered on presale at £2.05p from megeao, honestly never expected to see it as prices rapidly shot up, but arrived, its great, arms click in and has a ratchet style click as it rotates, jaw is firm, fingers tight but in a good way for playabilty, another great knock off and renewed my trust in megeao. They let me down twice, but have refunds, then his prices went really high but i risked him for this and am very pleased

£2.05!!?? I thought I'd done well at £4 shipped. I wonder if mine has arrived today then....

EDIT: Ah mine was also from Megeao at £2.05 + shipping. Can't wait to get home now!

Edited by jangosolo

Yeah forgot id paid postage!!! Still a bargain though, now to rustle up a maliki from my spare bits'n'pieces and im laughing!! Well my little boy will be!!!

I had ordered the Rancor at Megao Electronics Trade, but it did not arrive with the rest of the order, so I had to open a dispute and get a refund. I then ordered it at Treasure Case which now seems like it was not the greatest choice. Hope it arrives this time, if not, next dispute...

I always had issues with treasure case and i suspect that guy of selling figures that have not passed a regular quality check stage. I received a Deadpool with some horrible glue on his legs, a Leia with a wrong hair piece etc.

Edited by briksen

No Rancor yet, maybe today - did get the Helmet with Vader, the print is a bit thick to be honest, but if I didn't have the real one, I'd probably quite happy - the Helmet I don't have though (which is why I bought it) - almost paid £3+ for it off Lego's B&P but glad I didn't, seems a bit odd, maybe I need to adjust it - however 65p? not really a gamble is it!

Anyone heard anything about Lepin's UCS Falcon? I've resolved to buy one, just need to find the best place. I seem to recall now that the Force Awakens version came through customs ok, this one is larger, but even if I do get hit, should be amazing! Not sure the wife will be that keen bearing in mind the size and time it will take to construct, but building it is bucket list type stuff for me!

I'm probably going to get a Lepin Falcon but more in the hope that the radar dish and levers act are all good quality and I may start to replace some of the wedge plates etc with genuine Lego.