KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Still waiting mine to come...

It should arrive soon !!

Got one a few months back. Don't care about the turrets, but the figures are actually very good. Would I be right in assuming the design for Black Bolt and Jean Grey were lifted directly from the Lego Marvel Superheroes game? Because if so and they can make proper figures from that, that's a goldmine of potential figures for them still to do.

It looks like the XINH Flash set is a bit of a let down, first the Zoom pictures now these:

Bane

http://imgur.com/a/n08Ba

Lightning Lad;

http://imgur.com/a/GEkXy

Reverse Flash:

http://imgur.com/a/FMRD6

Yikes, that's worse than the early pogo figures. It's a real shame - if done well the set had serious potential.

Got one a few months back. Don't care about the turrets, but the figures are actually very good. Would I be right in assuming the design for Black Bolt and Jean Grey were lifted directly from the Lego Marvel Superheroes game? Because if so and they can make proper figures from that, that's a goldmine of potential figures for them still to do.

Yikes, that's worse than the early pogo figures. It's a real shame - if done well the set had serious potential.

Imagine if they did all the characters/dofferent outfits from all the lego games? Man id love a tropical joker.

It looks like the XINH Flash set is a bit of a let down, first the Zoom pictures now these:

HTB1mfReKVXXXXXPXFXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg

HTB1I331KFXXXXXqXXXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

HTB1IbVmKVXXXXakaXXXq6xXFXXXR.jpg

WUT ????

I ordered those only for the figs ;)

And those XINH figs, OMG... I was so hopeful about them...

Agreed, if we support SY by buying those sets just for the big figs... it will dictate them using the same tactic even more. Xinh have just released a Thanos big fig (Kf had a try too) And considering xinh started out by copying everything Sy and Decool, I would imagine it likely that someone will copy the blob and swamp thing in time.

Pogo Jabba the hutt only £4.70

http://www.aliexpres...2695379158.html

Pogo Darth vader with removable helmet

http://www.aliexpres...2694262720.html

Search "single star wars" on ali :) depends which characters you want, and at this stage it will come down to your research. As there are too many variants from different bootleggers for anyone to accurately tell you what to look for, without writing a detailed essay lol

I don't know why Bela didn't released this figure like they did with some figures from their sets like Jar-Jar o Kallus. I'll wait to see real pictures

pile_of_shit.gif

It makes me really question what the Akrham Knight and Atom figures are going to look like.

Imagine if they did all the characters/dofferent outfits from all the lego games? Man id love a tropical joker.

Tropical Joker totally! But I feel they would have to include Barbara Gordon in a wheelchair.

Tropical Joker totally! But I feel they would have to include Barbara Gordon in a wheelchair.

Too many bad memories... But she wouldn't be in wheelchair yet. She would rather lay on the ground.

I guess we can only hope that they got the early prototypes of these xinh figures because they were being rushed for photos, and the actual figures will be better. We can hope, right? Right?

I think that lightning lad, bane and reverse flash might be fine. I think it's more of bad picture, at least i hope so. Then again, it might be that those prints are like that :-S

Are these prototypes then? Or is the quality going downwards because of the high level of producing more and more and faster and faster?

Frankly I'd love to see some of the more obscure characters that lego are never going to do. Like JSA members, or the likes of Super Skrull and Mysterio. If they make decent figures out of those I'd buy all of them.

I think that lightning lad, bane and reverse flash might be fine. I think it's more of bad picture, at least i hope so. Then again, it might be that those prints are like that :-S

Are these prototypes then? Or is the quality going downwards because of the high level of producing more and more and faster and faster?

Honestly I couldn't tell you, I'm just trying to hope that the figures we'll ultimately get will be better than that. Even in their early days Xinh weren't as bad as that, so it'd be really out of place for their new set of figures to like that.

Frankly I'd love to see some of the more obscure characters that lego are never going to do. Like JSA members, or the likes of Super Skrull and Mysterio. If they make decent figures out of those I'd buy all of them.

Mysterio is one of spideys main baddies and part of the sinister six. My guess is that he'll be made in a next wave by tlg. He's the only one missing. I think/hope they do a classic electro too.

Agoodfella made an awesome superskrull btw. I especially bought those crystal hulks and bigfig goblin to make one myself as well.

I guess we can only hope that they got the early prototypes of these xinh figures because they were being rushed for photos, and the actual figures will be better. We can hope, right? Right?

i dunno... remember that spiderman

HTB1QxKNJVXXXXavXVXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg

print looks similar to me

Fair point, but even that wasn't as sketchy and incomplete as these. Do you think they have someone else make these figures or something? Because Xinh at its best is pretty much on the same level as official, but then they do something like this. I don't get it.

Fair point, but even that wasn't as sketchy and incomplete as these. Do you think they have someone else make these figures or something? Because Xinh at its best is pretty much on the same level as official, but then they do something like this. I don't get it.

At least the arms were ok! In that wave there were non tlg copies that came out ok i.e. She-hulk and Cpt America.

Has anyone gotten the TT Quicksilver (comic variant -- PPM knock-off)? Has anyone else noticed that they got the light blue/ dark blue arms on wrong -- i.e. they should have been switched?

HTB1QxKNJVXXXXavXVXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg

I kinda like him, after all. It's like a homemade custom :)

Has anyone gotten the TT Quicksilver (comic variant -- PPM knock-off)? Has anyone else noticed that they got the light blue/ dark blue arms on wrong -- i.e. they should have been switched?

Yes, we know. I just bought 2 correct arms on BL, as suggested by Robianco, if I remember correcty and it works great !

I think/hope they do a classic electro too.

Agoodfella made an awesome superskrull btw. I especially bought those crystal hulks and bigfig goblin to make one myself as well.

Hopefully they'll make classic electro, but my guess is what with the helmet being a custom part, they'll need tlg/someone else to do it first for them to copy the piece. I'm debating making a Jay Garrick myself. I figured I could attach the "wings" from an old style Flash mask to a generic army helmet, and use stock parts for legs, arms, face etc. but that leaves the torso needing that distinctive lightning bolt pattern. Anyone got any ideas about how to do that? (I can't custom print my own parts).

And yeah, the super skrull looks pretty awesome. It's just unfortunate that it's looking like Xinh's big foray into previously unreleased DC figures is going so disastrously.

But looking at the pictures of the Suicide Squad Harley they did it is night and day.

Hopefully they'll make classic electro, but my guess is what with the helmet being a custom part, they'll need tlg/someone else to do it first for them to copy the piece. I'm debating making a Jay Garrick myself. I figured I could attach the "wings" from an old style Flash mask to a generic army helmet, and use stock parts for legs, arms, face etc. but that leaves the torso needing that distinctive lightning bolt pattern. Anyone got any ideas about how to do that? (I can't custom print my own parts).

I think some of the earlier custom head pieces that we saw probably came from the models being ripped from the games and then 3d printed and molded.

in regards to a Jay Garrick custom you could get a TV version using the SY Flash TV torso, which gives me an idea I may have to try when I get home.

this reminds me have we seen real pictures of the POGO Suicide Squad Harley?

Edited by CaptvirgilHilts

But looking at the pictures of the Suicide Squad Harley they did it is night and day.

In fairness, they had someone else's custom to copy off from that. Though I think they had the same for the three CW speedsters. But compare the zoom figure we say to the Flash and RF pictures we had now. they're so different and yet should look almost exactly the same. I seriously don't get it. Hopefully someone will release more photos and we'll see if it helps.

in regards to a Jay Garrick custom you could get a TV version using the SY Flash TV torso, which gives me an idea I may have to try when I get home.

this reminds me have we seen real pictures of the POGO Suicide Squad Harley?

You mean the flash torso from SY269? Because that's still very much a Barry Allen design rather than a Jay Garrick one.

As for Pogo Harley, IIRC photos came up a couple weeks back at the same time as the suicide squad joker ones. I think they look mostly alright, but there's very little contrast on the body so her midriff looks more white than flesh coloured.