KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

New Iron Man wave is £7.22 on Aliexpress without boxes.

Link would be good for that... I think I'd order at that price.

I'd like to see the real figs before I order those, if someone would be so kind so put some up here if they arrive I will be very thankful :)

I've ordered mine from a seller there. I'll let you all know when they arrive! ;)

Edited by Robianco

I bought these bunch of Decool clone minifigures at a ridiculous low price. Like about USD$2 per minifigure. The quality are generally decent but the quality will differ from one another. As you can see there is a mistake on the Invisible Woman's arm. Some of the prints have scratches which is likely to cause by human handling. I only get the above minifigures for my own testing especially since these minifigures are not available in LEGO design except for a few high priced SDCC ones. Don't nuke me for this very unlikely purchase. I can't believe I bought those and I will not mix with my LEGO minifigures collection.

14637186479_41e35af0db_b_d.jpg

I bought these bunch of Decool clone minifigures at a ridiculous low price. Like about USD$2 per minifigure. The quality are generally decent but the quality will differ from one another. As you can see there is a mistake on the Invisible Woman's arm. Some of the prints have scratches which is likely to cause by human handling. I only get the above minifigures for my own testing especially since these minifigures are not available in LEGO design except for a few high priced SDCC ones. Don't nuke me for this very unlikely purchase. I can't believe I bought those and I will not mix with my LEGO minifigures collection.

Yeah, the quality can be pretty poor. But for what you pay? I think it's absolutely worth it. Especially for figures that either aren't released (like Odin) or any of the SDCC dupes.

For instance, for my Odin figure, I only used their printed head and torso. The rest I swapped out for official LEGO parts -- hair, arms, hands, legs, Scepter, Cape. I think it looks pretty decent (here is a picture of my latest version of Odin -- on the left):

dgDg8o2.jpg

The truth is, these are sub-par products if you compare them to official LEGO ones. So your mileage is definitely going to vary. Depending on what I need, I sometimes buy 2 sets at a time knowing that I may have to mix and match to get a decent figure out of the two sets -- but -- at a couple of bucks for a figure?

Yeah, it's worth it IMO.

Edited by agoodfella

Aw man that Dr. Strange is so good... Muddy River right? Really searching for that one! I like the longer hair and golden cape on Odin :thumbup: I left mine as it is (except the poor cape :laugh: , they make awful ones) as I really like it and LEGO will never make one... But yep, in general switching everything out (well head and torso not, of course) makes a pretty awesome figure (the Bizarro is nearly perfect with all original LEGO except head and torso).

...and right there is a perfect example of how even $6 is too much for some of the bootleg sets.

As I'm not from the East I'm not sure how these 'competitors' position themselves against each other... Decool and Sheng Yuan are miles ahead of any other manufacturer, with SY very much ahead of Decool when it comes to quality.

How do IQ Blocks and Lele even exist?

Edited by Robianco

The new iron man wave looks nice, but I really need to wait for a review of the Mark 1 figure since it's the only one i'm interested in. Also any news on the leaflet the Iron man wave comes with since it may show the wave of the figures after the Punisher wave :classic:

Man, I was originally excited for that Red Snapper fig from the new IM set, but upon closer inspection, I see he is just holding a megaphone (or something similar) with a red wrench attached. For a while, I thought he had special arms :grin: Consider my enthusiasm for this set completely gone. Ah well.

Edited by itMFtis

Man, I was originally excited for that Red Snapper fig from the new IM set, but upon closer inspection, I see he is just holding a megaphone (or something similar) with a red wrench attached. For a while, I thought he had special arms :grin: Consider my enthusiasm for this set completely gone. Ah well.

I've got Sheng Yan's armed Snapper so I'll be comparing them to each other and can always use the SY arms with the wrench hands.

...and right there is a perfect example of how even $6 is too much for some of the bootleg sets.

As I'm not from the East I'm not sure how these 'competitors' position themselves against each other... Decool and Sheng Yuan are miles ahead of any other manufacturer, with SY very much ahead of Decool when it comes to quality.

How do IQ Blocks and Lele even exist?

I buy mine from Street markets and honestly, most of the vendors are not even aware that they are made by different companies or brands. If that's how much the vendors know, it's a fair Bet that the customers are generally not educated on the products. All of these are relatively new products and there are still lots of first time suckers for iq and lele.

I do hope Lele improve their products... They've actually got a new range coming out with a mix of DC and Marvel and there's the potential for a couple of interesting items in there... although most will be clones of existing figures.

Another picture of the new Iron Man wave is on ebay:

Here is a link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/9pcs-Building-Toy-minifigure-Super-Heroes-Iron-man-Mark-1-Patriot-Tony-Stark-/281406034808?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item41851b5378

I am not impressed. The red snapper and Mark I are not what I had hoped. The helmet on the Mark I has potential.

$_12.JPG

There are more pictures of all the figures on this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-9-Iron-Man-new-series-figure-building-toys-/321483443247?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4ad9e80c2f

$_12.JPG

Oh well...nothing for me I suppose... Red Snapper is bad and was the only one I really wanted. Mark 1 is okay, but nothing I really need.

I think I'll get Mark 1 and Red Snapper and the black suit from SY. Theirs are much better.

SY has a Mark 1 suit? Are there pics?

Oh well...nothing for me I suppose... Red Snapper is bad and was the only one I really wanted. Mark 1 is okay, but nothing I really need.

Its a good thing a purist red snapper can be made easily

I would also like a link to a SY version of Mark I please

I dont know about Mark 1's armour. His helmet is nice though.

If you look at the pictures in the ebaylink Kid gave us, it looks like Nightclub Iron Man has rounded shoulders. Could it be that Decool is going for the rounded shoulders just like SY?

I still dont know which iron men series i need/want to buy