KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Got my first bootleg in today: Deadpool. Overall, I'm happy with him except his head print, which is offset enough to where I buckled down and bought a genuine head to correct the problem (Still cheaper than buying the whole genuine figure). It's Decool because of the sharp torso (I can sand it down) and a bit of missing print on the leg holster, but other than those, I like him. Here's a pic to showcase the head problem I mentioned:

DSCN0116_zpsn8ahypeh.jpg

I'm hoping Phoenix doesn't have the same issue, because I know I can't get a head to replace her's.

Got my first bootleg in today: Deadpool. Overall, I'm happy with him except his head print, which is offset enough to where I buckled down and bought a genuine head to correct the problem (Still cheaper than buying the whole genuine figure). It's Decool because of the sharp torso (I can sand it down) and a bit of missing print on the leg holster, but other than those, I like him. Here's a pic to showcase the head problem I mentioned:

I'm hoping Phoenix doesn't have the same issue, because I know I can't get a head to replace her's.

My Phoenix was fine, and even if it is off set, you can always buy anyone one, for the low price. I'd rather pay about £4 for two than about £300 for the real thing.

Don't get disheartened if your first figure was slightly misprinted, you can always order more!

Oh I'm not mad, most Phoenix bootlegs I see are pretty much perfect, it's just Deadpool had a bit of a deformity, and luckily his head is cheap enough to justify getting a genuine replacement. I did sand his torso corners though.

Do you know when SY265 are available?

SY265 is on Ali Express already from lots of different shops.

Just a note on Aliexpress, as I was looking around yesterday I found out it's a massive ripoff. I found an internal Chinese site and compared prices. The ausini trains which get a decent rep, go for about $100 on aliexpress, on an internal chinese site, only in chinese, the exact same train? $18. I also looked at a new Enlighten package delivery set, AE was $16, fully chinese site, $4.80. Those are 1-2 quantity purchase prices.

While the shipping might make it worth it on smaller sets, it isn't going to cost you $82 to ship that Ausini set. Ordering individual or small amounts of minifigs from there might also be fine, but if one were looking at bigger sets or larger amounts of minifigs, it might be worth it to look for an alternative.

Does anyone know all of the mark names for the new iron man wave?

SYIronmanW3_zps25c9b2f3.jpg

Bone is different pattern from previous one.

262-07 is Iron Green Lantern base on Piston.

Just a note on Aliexpress, as I was looking around yesterday I found out it's a massive ripoff. I found an internal Chinese site and compared prices. The ausini trains which get a decent rep, go for about $100 on aliexpress, on an internal chinese site, only in chinese, the exact same train? $18. I also looked at a new Enlighten package delivery set, AE was $16, fully chinese site, $4.80. Those are 1-2 quantity purchase prices.

While the shipping might make it worth it on smaller sets, it isn't going to cost you $82 to ship that Ausini set. Ordering individual or small amounts of minifigs from there might also be fine, but if one were looking at bigger sets or larger amounts of minifigs, it might be worth it to look for an alternative.

Interesting. What is this site?

Probably taobao. As with all China internal marketed sites, to effectively navigate the site, you must know Chinese, and well.

Probably taobao. As with all China internal marketed sites, to effectively navigate the site, you must know Chinese, and well.

You need a middleman to order from Taobao outside of China, or did last I bought from there(got some JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Figures). It's fairly complicated, and shipping + fees would eat up a big chunk of your potential savings. Maybe not $82 but $50-60 wouldn't be that unlikely for something big.

FWIW I used a site called Yoybuy.com, not plugging them, they might not be the best, but they were the easiest for me to use at the time. You plug in the taobao URL you want to order. You can just google the Chinese characters for LEGO (one of the variations is 乐高).

Interesting. What is this site?

1688.com

I had an online chat with their CS and they seemed to indicate they can ship outside the country.

I've used Engtaobao previously and it must work the same as yoybuy but the shipping was indeed very expensive.

You'll end up paying two lots of shipping... one from the wholesaler to your middleman then the middleman's cost to ship to you... plus their little mark up.

If you're ordering things in bulk then it might be worth it but for the odd Decool and SY wave... I'll stick with AE.

1688.com

I had an online chat with their CS and they seemed to indicate they can ship outside the country.

Thank you. Interesting site to browse, not a clue how I'd actually find something specific and order it though.

The new SY iron man wave is so much better than Decool's (quality wise). All of my decool iron men have messed up masks. The black lines are all over the place

Usually I'm not big on the Iron Man sets, but this wave looks pretty good. SY's really stepped up their game by the looks of it.

SYIronmanW3_zps25c9b2f3.jpg

The SY262-02 isn't a MK 7 repaint. The helmet (or at least the one I got) has a silver facemask, rather than the gold one shown. It's actually based on a Custom Mk 5, shown here: Custom Lego Iron Man Mark V

The SY262-02 isn't a MK 7 repaint. The helmet (or at least the one I got) has a silver facemask, rather than the gold one shown. It's actually based on a Custom Mk 5, shown here: https://www.flickr.c...als/7146005633/

I saw silver facemask yet. but pattern on body and leg is same Mk7 just change gold color to grey(or silver).

That no match any official Mk suit in iron man 3.(don't like All gold Mk7 = Midas)