KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I don't get it why didn't give nightcrawler the same shoulder treatment as wolverine. And they should have giving him a hair piece with pointy ears as well.

Does Magneto have a white helmet as well?

For those deadpool: i ordered that Kidpool a while ago in single sale somewhere (still waiting for the fig). So if you only want him i could check out what shop that was. I have red short legs waiting for him :-)

Wolverine looks like a clone of KO Bricks 'Chrome Claws'. The others are probably more OLS and PPM clones.

7 hours ago, tkkim79 said:

i think 8 is spiderman civil war version

FGTymHh.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Wolverine looks like a clone of KO Bricks 'Chrome Claws'. The others are probably more OLS and PPM clones.

- Wolverine is a clone of KO
- Daken is a clone of Leyile
- Archangel is a clone of MH80
- Magneto is an OLS clone (without the helmet)
- Nightcrawler is a POPK

and that Angel is a dead ringer to a MOC I made last year (right down to the hair style and wings), I'm pretty confident in saying that I can officially claim being cloned!
16574964692_2338f4601c_c.jpgAngel [MOC] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr  

2 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

and that Angel is a dead ringer to a MOC I made last year (right down to the hair style and wings), I'm pretty confident in saying that I can officially claim being cloned!

Congratulations?

I am looking forward to that Angel figure. It completes the original X-men run.

Edited by kid

48 minutes ago, kid said:

Congratulations?

I am looking forward to that Angel figure. It completes the original X-men run.

Haha! Truth be told, I can't wait for a pad printed version of this as well, I wish they had printed the shoulders, arms and boots, but I can always use the parts from my MOC version. :)

I guess it was bound to happen at some point, besides, I would be a total hypocrite if I starting becoming anti-bootlegs now. Because in the end, even though I can argue or make a claim about a particular design, I have no legal right or claim on the character. That's why I have always sided with the bootleggers in instances where customizers were getting bootlegged. 

Also, I've already spotted my figs / designs (or elements of my designs) or joint customs I have done with Ramon copied by other (non-Chinese) customizers out there (which I won't name) .

At any rate, I'm curious if there are any of my other MOCs that are in the bootleg works -- it does make me wonder even more now...

Edited by agoodfella77

1 hour ago, wickedlemon said:

Nightcrawler needs a tail. Hopefully someone will copy the the devil kid's one in blue from the new Lego character wave soon.

I think the best thing to do here is to buy the devil kid and paint the tail yourself. I'll try to do that too. The hip part of the tail needs a different color and i would be very annoyed to see a blue stripe everytime. As if you can see a bit of his belly :-s

What bothers me on angel is that they didn't make the halo yellow. 

Hopefully the ink is better on them than on the pics of worldminifigures. Because those are pretty bad.

21 hours ago, Renzo649 said:

14601132_10211326727312280_1636215986693

More Spider-Men. I'll be honest, all of these look obscure to me.

Are there bigger/clearer pics of these? 

3 hours ago, Borex said:

I think the best thing to do here is to buy the devil kid and paint the tail yourself. I'll try to do that too. The hip part of the tail needs a different color and i would be very annoyed to see a blue stripe everytime. As if you can see a bit of his belly :-s

What bothers me on angel is that they didn't make the halo yellow. 

Hopefully the ink is better on them than on the pics of worldminifigures. Because those are pretty bad.

Yeah, that two-color print on Angel just looks lazy.  The early pictures coming out for this wave don't look too good - Nightcrawler looks terrible.  I don't know - Xinh and Pogo both seem to be taking steps back.  I can't wait to see how they hack up KO Customs' Wolverine.

6 minutes ago, Alien Hand said:

Yeah, that two-color print on Angel just looks lazy.  The early pictures coming out for this wave don't look too good - Nightcrawler looks terrible.  I don't know - Xinh and Pogo both seem to be taking steps back.  I can't wait to see how they hack up KO Customs' Wolverine.

Hey man, great to see you here -- welcome to EB forums! :)

Just now, agoodfella77 said:

Hey man, great to see you here -- welcome to EB forums! :)

Thanks. I've been reading from the shadows for years, but finally took the plunge.  I tried setting up accounts a couple times before and they wouldn't take.  Now, with the new forum update, it miraculously worked.  

I like those shields.

After reading through the Lepin thread and seeing how people are committing to them I wonder how people would feel if they made an X-Mansion similar to the Ideas set?

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

After reading through the Lepin thread and seeing how people are committing to them I wonder how people would feel if they made an X-Mansion similar to the Ideas set?

I know I would feel obligated to buy one : )

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

I like those shields.

Meh, I'm all about the figs. Of course, having said that, if the set had some decent figs, I'm def. getting it.

1 hour ago, Sebiron said:

I was cloned too ! haha

:laugh:

9 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

:laugh:

My design was from the Lego Marvel Poster, maybe chinese bootlegger just took a look at this too. 

959541angel.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sebiron said:

My design was from the Lego Marvel Poster, maybe chinese bootlegger just took a look at this too. 

It's quite possible. Although I must say I had that design in mind long before the collection picture was released... Btw, I never noticed that Christo's Ms. Marvel design is from that group pic.

In fact, its a shame that TLG hasn't followed through with most of the comic variants in here...

1 hour ago, agoodfella77 said:

It's quite possible. Although I must say I had that design in mind long before the collection picture was released... Btw, I never noticed that Christo's Ms. Marvel design is from that group pic.

In fact, its a shame that TLG hasn't followed through with most of the comic variants in here...

When u think of all the designs they already have, think of all the figs in the lego games that are still to be released. All the lanterns in lego batman 3. Its crazy really. 

1 hour ago, Mattyj82 said:

When u think of all the designs they already have, think of all the figs in the lego games that are still to be released. All the lanterns in lego batman 3. Its crazy really

BCi5pHU.jpg

This torso exists in the lego marvel superhero game even though you cant play the character in the game

Edited by sponge_bob