KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I'm not surprised they've gone after Lepin though. The sheer amount of set cloning they've been doing recently is ridiculous and they've gone firmly for modulars and large expensive sets.

4 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Well well well! Shall we take this to private messages? :wink:

Consider one yours along with the ZEA figure.

They're going after Lepin since Lepin mainly does entire sets and waves of Lego sets that are currently selling and the larger sets in particular as opposed to other companies that aren't doing as large sets. I do find it funny, but the problem is the lawsuit is being held in China so nothing is probably going to happen. Lego can be extremely serious of this as a starting point, but c'mon explaining bootleg Lego figures to the general people is a joke, a customs agent would more than likely go after the bootlegger trying to bring in 1000 versace belts rather than the 1000 Lepin sets being brought in. 

A problem with my SDCC Cap is that the shield is 2 separate pieces and the connection is frail, but super glue fixed that problem. Props to POGO with this wave.

1 hour ago, Kire said:

They're going after Lepin since Lepin mainly does entire sets and waves of Lego sets that are currently selling and the larger sets in particular as opposed to other companies that aren't doing as large sets. I do find it funny, but the problem is the lawsuit is being held in China so nothing is probably going to happen. Lego can be extremely serious of this as a starting point, but c'mon explaining bootleg Lego figures to the general people is a joke, a customs agent would more than likely go after the bootlegger trying to bring in 1000 versace belts rather than the 1000 Lepin sets being brought in. 

A problem with my SDCC Cap is that the shield is 2 separate pieces and the connection is frail, but super glue fixed that problem. Props to POGO with this wave.

Lepin has been doing a few of the sets they're currently selling. But a lot of them are older sets that aren't made any more, and let's be honest. If someone could actually afford to buy the larger sets they're making directly from Lego, they probably aren't trying to buy them from Lepin, especially inside China where these sets are mainly sold. Lego might get an export ban, or they could go to other countries to get import bans, but given how long bootlegging has gone on in China, yes, they're unlikely to stop it.

4 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I think that won't affect bootleg figures as much. Seems to me more of a matter of them getting their set designs stolen.

Even if they only go after Lepin, I think this could still effect the other companies too, because it could scare some of them off.  At worst some companies may decide to shut down to avoid any issues, or they might just put a delay on any new products until this all blows over.

12 hours ago, Robianco said:

I'm not surprised they've gone after Lepin though. The sheer amount of set cloning they've been doing recently is ridiculous and they've gone firmly for modulars and large expensive sets.

Consider one yours along with the ZEA figure.

Nice one. I'll drop you a direct message.

EDIT: Scrap that - I think the message failed? I clicked send but it just went blank. Let me know if you got it?

Edited by Captain Britain

2 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Nice one. I'll drop you a direct message.

EDIT: Scrap that - I think the message failed? I clicked send but it just went blank. Let me know if you got it?

Yeah... Message hasn't come in. I'll try and send one to you so just respond if it works.

16 hours ago, Robianco said:

I was perfectly happy until I got a genuine SDCC figure. :)

Excuuuuse me, Sir ! ^^

3 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Got my big fig Colossus set. Kind of bummed that they available on single sale now but nonetheless it's an awesome fig, well worth picking up. I modded the hairpiece. 

29722387542_fe1e7e0f8d_b.jpgColossus v.2 [CUSTOM] [MOD] [X-MEN] [bIG FIG] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

Where or how did you get this hair for him ??

24 minutes ago, lglh said:

Excuuuuse me, Sir ! ^^

Where or how did you get this hair for him ??

I modded it. 

16 hours ago, Robianco said:

I was perfectly happy until I got a genuine SDCC figure. :)

For someone who left the Marvel scene, you certainly are quite active! 

24 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

I modded it. 

As it's not my native language, you mean modded like you modified it yourself from the initial part, don't you ?

28 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

For someone who left the Marvel scene, you certainly are quite active! 

Just the Atom figure... Very firmly still in DC territory! ;)

Everyone aware of the chrome golden c3-po and iron man that will be released in the near future? I hope they'll do a silver surfer as well. 

I've seen a chrome C-3PO by customisers but wasn't aware a bootleg version was coming?

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I've seen a chrome C-3PO by customisers but wasn't aware a bootleg version was coming?

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Chrom-Golden-C-3PO-Star-Wars-R2D2-Minifigures-Single-Sale-Limited-Edition-Collection-Building-Blocks-Best/32737342047.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.287.EQD0vh

I think it's Pogo's. 

There'll be a Mk 21 Midas Iron Man as well.

If those are like Mr. Gold, it'll be ace !

6 hours ago, lglh said:

As it's not my native language, you mean modded like you modified it yourself from the initial part, don't you ?

Yes that is correct!

Hey guys just wanted to ask:

Has any of you bought custom minifigures from the page "leyilebrick.com" ? 

I bought one a couple of days ago and i have not heard a word from the site like a mail or anything?(only a mail from PayPal that my transaction went through)

I've not ordered directly but I know a few people who have and I know Andrew from Minifigures.co.uk made a bulk order which all arrived fine. I ordered my figures from Andrew so I knew it was in the country.

4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I've not ordered directly but I know a few people who have and I know Andrew from Minifigures.co.uk made a bulk order which all arrived fine. I ordered my figures from Andrew so I knew it was in the country.

It was through his website i found leyilebricks, not directly but was just looking at some figures and thought that that "company" had some nice figs and maybe some that minifigures.co.uk did not have. So i found it via google

well, i can only hope for the best.

4 hours ago, Stan-Lee said:

Hey guys just wanted to ask:

Has any of you bought custom minifigures from the page "leyilebrick.com" ? 

I bought one a couple of days ago and i have not heard a word from the site like a mail or anything?(only a mail from PayPal that my transaction went through)

I ordered in several times! But its toooo slow sending! Shipping costs are cheap. About 5$. But orders always arrive fine! Just wait and wait! AAA quality minifigures. 

23 hours ago, Panther said:

So after so much requests on the Pogo Baidu page, they finally released Assassin's Creed figs

assasins.jpg

Wicked!!!!!!!!!  Wanted those arm pieces for a while, but they are like £3 a pair on firestartoys.

Those different hoods look cool too! And the guy on the top right has a new cape, that is connected over the arms instead of the head.

Oh and of course I will keep a couple of them as actual assassins xD

10 hours ago, TaskForceX said:

YES!!! I ve started watching GOT and would love me some minfigures! I can now get both waves! Where's Littlefinger Though? 

Link to complete GOT wave:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Custom-Made-Game-of-Thrones-12pcs-lot-Minifigures-Jon-Snow-White-Walker-MOC-Ice-and-Fire/1726607_32737237356.html

sum of these are goin to be good army builders u can do a bunch freefolk,night's watch ,walkers ,dothraki and the 7 king's guard  also if i could find just the wolf/dogs and horses on there own would be handy from this set https://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-Lord-of-Rings-Frodo-Gollum-Hobbit-4-pc-SY206-Child-Minifigures-Learning-Education-Building-Block/32693072780.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.zwon2L&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10069_418_10017_10060_10061_10062_10057_10056_10055_10037_10054_301_10033_10059_10032_10058_9914_10073_10070_10052_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_3&btsid=1df77e1a-ad1f-4559-9ae3-d0cab2a0da26