KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

i ordered the KF Black Panther as well, and that also came with a DLP baseplate.... maybe KF have just straight up copied the render images from DLP and overlayed with their own logo :grin:

I got the single sales too but they haven't arrived. Did we all buy from Minifigures Wholesale? If so I reckon it's that single shop's error since it is identical to DLP. How are the figs? The printing all DLP standard?

Are you sure it's the OK set ? With that pictures...

I'm pretty sure it is OK, I saw that crossbones come up in a comparison video with DLP's CW set on YouTube but can't find it anymore

I got the single sales too but they haven't arrived. Did we all buy from Minifigures Wholesale? If so I reckon it's that single shop's error since it is identical to DLP. How are the figs? The printing all DLP standard?

yeah that's where i got mine from, arrived a few days ago to UK. i've just had a look at other stores and they are all selling figures listed as KFXXX but they all match the figures from the newer DLP sets.... as someone said though, single sale DLP is a bonus.

figures we're great just as good as you would expect DLP - taking into consideration how bad the printing on the KF R2-D2 (which they definitely didnt copy from anywhere), i'm still of the opinion the KF iron man/deadpool/civil war sets are actually DLP

Completely off topic from what everyone here is talking about, but I think sy's superman from the superman mech suit set is pretty well designed, sad to say they aren't releasing it in normal sets of 8

8114D538-1681-46A1-A8A1-FE4717DF27C0_zpsgjg4dmei.jpg

Got my SY363 set come today and my Supes has different hair and face (although it matches the box/instructions).

jqxib15.jpg

That Supes suit actually looks really, really good. I'd be tempted to puck that set up for that torso and legs along. The rest of it looks a bit iffy though. Zod looks more like a War Machine prototype and parts of Bats and Joker aren't very Lego-like at all.

It's as if that Supes was designed by someone else entirely.

Got my SY363 set come today and my Supes has different hair and face (although it matches the box/instructions).

jqxib15.jpg

So sorry man I totally forgot to mention i swapped out the face and hair from my xinh superman fig. Sorry if I misled you

Edited by jeduh

So sorry man I totally forgot to mention i swapped out the face and hair from my xinh superman fig. Sorry if I misled you

No problem. I need the figures in this set anyway. Mystery solved.

lol

HTB1vZN1KpXXXXbyXXXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg

HTB12kVqKpXXXXb2aXXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg

They could make the Watcher but I reckon they just jumped on the usual avengers bandwagon

New DC with parts of jokerland and the pirate batman are listed, marked as MG brand but I haven't exact references yet.

http://www.aliexpres...2680268994.html

It looks good though! Been waiting for a Starfire for ages. And Poison Ivy and Scarecrow - no minifigs ever and then two different ones for each in as many days! Gonna have to wait and see which Two-Face is the best out of this new crop though

New DC with parts of jokerland and the pirate batman are listed, marked as MG brand but I haven't exact references yet.

http://www.aliexpres...2680268994.html

No Beast Boy yet. I hope the bootleggers come up with some other designs from Cosmic Clash to go with the Pirate Batman.

Nice to see a 10 year old Two-Face design appearing.

Has the design on Scarecrow has been flipped?

Edited by wickedlemon

Has the design on Scarecrow has been flipped?

It looks like it, doesn't really affect the design of the figure though

Those figures are either genuine Lego in the photos or customs but don't seem to be the actual bootleg. Harley looks like she's handprinted especially around the neck area.

I wouldn't take the direction of Scarecrow's design on that image to be how the figure will look.

It seems like other than chrome deadshot and a second variant of Scarecrow, the Pogo set might be better? These real pictures of Leto Joker and Suicide Squad Harley Quinn look spectacular. Pogo's print quality and detail has been nothing short of amazing, look there's even the adidas symbols on her shoes!!

2016-New-20pcs-Suicide-Squad-Movie-Joker-DC-Classic-Villain-Bad-Guys-Super-Hero-Legoied-Minifigures.jpg_640x640.jpg

2016-New-20pcs-Suicide-Squad-Movie-Harley-quinn-DC-Classic-Villain-Super-Hero-Minifigures-Legoied-Block.jpg_640x640.jpg

If the Joker figure looks like that then I'll be happy... switch out legs to genuine Lego and then change paint a genuine Lego hairpiece. The moulding on that hair looks a little iffy which certainly makes it look like a genuine figure whereas Harley is definitely handpainted... I actually prefer the look of the XInh Harley over that one.

Not a fan of the Pogo Harley Quinn, so if Xinh's look more like the renders then I'll stick with that and pick up the pogos when they inevitably go onto single sale.

Not a fan of the Pogo Harley Quinn, so if Xinh's look more like the renders then I'll stick with that and pick up the pogos when they inevitably go onto single sale.

Exactly, the brilliance of Xinh and Pogo that we almost under appreciate is that they are all single sales unlike Decool and SY which are rare to find individually. Hopefully those sellers continue to sell sinigle sale DLP under the name KF

It seems like other than chrome deadshot and a second variant of Scarecrow, the Pogo set might be better? These real pictures of Leto Joker and Suicide Squad Harley Quinn look spectacular. Pogo's print quality and detail has been nothing short of amazing, look there's even the adidas symbols on her shoes!!

2016-New-20pcs-Suicide-Squad-Movie-Harley-quinn-DC-Classic-Villain-Super-Hero-Minifigures-Legoied-Block.jpg_640x640.jpg

looks like a hand painted custom. look at her hand, belt and feet...

You can also see that the legs are clear decal as the harlequin diamonds curve at the top of the leg instead of following the join.

Single sale link?

Click on the new arrivals tab of the same seller and they are listed for single sale.