KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

here's some photos of my display stand for you (sorry for bad photo quality)....

same as the Marvel one just full, i think thats currently holding around 160-170 figures at the moment, but again can hold upto 200 and any big figs

Those are really awesome! Did you buy them or build them?

I've had two listings cancelled by Lego's legal team... first time I actually emailed them back and asked why they'd cancelled it when there were many other listings... I didn't realise it was going to a legal representative! The answer was a short one.

I've actually just given away a bag of bootleg figures to someone as I can't be bothered trying to list them anywhere. I don't buy anything that's official by Lego and I spend enough on pad printed customs so unless something unique and DC based happens I'll just be looking on with interest.

When eBay started pulling my listing I just left all my spares in a box. I have loads of old bootleg figures that I'm just giving away. if anyone from UK might need something let me know and I'll have look to see if I have it.

When eBay started pulling my listing I just left all my spares in a box. I have loads of old bootleg figures that I'm just giving away. if anyone from UK might need something let me know and I'll have look to see if I have it.

Likewise. I may have a spare blue/yellow wolverine for the person looking earlier if they are in UK.

Got any fantastic four bits or minifig hulks?

Edited by sponge_bob

Those are really awesome! Did you buy them or build them?

bought them off ebay - the Star Wars one was £19 and the Marvel & DC were £30ea...... i can dig out the sellers info if you like?

I've had two listings cancelled by Lego's legal team... first time I actually emailed them back and asked why they'd cancelled it when there were many other listings... I didn't realise it was going to a legal representative! The answer was a short one.

I've actually just given away a bag of bootleg figures to someone as I can't be bothered trying to list them anywhere. I don't buy anything that's official by Lego and I spend enough on pad printed customs so unless something unique and DC based happens I'll just be looking on with interest.

i used to get my removed all the time and wait a few days and just relist, id then hear nothing from ebay for weeks and they would get taken down again. it got to the point where they issued me with my last warning, any breach now gets me a permanent suspension from ebay (i have already been suspended once years ago for selling Fifa coins, but got that lifted) so i cant risk anymore myself either. its ridiculous because as people say some are listed them as Lego figures and the listings do not get removed

Likewise. I may have a spare blue/yellow wolverine for the person looking earlier if they are in UK.

i've the set of 4 different colours of hulk and various hulk avengers big figs, as well as quite a lot of F4 Movie figures (plus the clear invisible woman). im in the UK too if you are interested?

Hi folks,

I thought I'd share some photos of my acquisitions and my POV as to whether they are any good or not. Up until now I've been content to lurk, but I thought I'd share in case it helps others.

1. PG026 Professor X with Wheelchair

Verdict - pleasantly surprised. Pogo quality has improved a lot. I also like the wheelchair but I like what others have done to create the yellow hover chair. I might give that a shot.

IMG_7876_zpsah1mcmvi.jpg

2. PG029 - Mystique

Verdict: Again, pleasantly surprised (apologies for the blurry photo on this one). The print quality is good.

IMG_7881_zpsf32us8fb.jpg

3. PG023 - Psylocke

Verdict: Printing flesh colours on purple legs doesn't work (I might touch up). I'll also probably replace the head as it just doesn't work for me. Psylocke is okay, just not great.

IMG_7880_zpszujpp6mv.jpg

4. PG028 - Archangel

Verdict: I expected more from this figure. The wings are just a single silvery piece - I might repaint it. The print is good though (including arm printing).

IMG_7879_zpsqkyajnym.jpg

5. PG023 - Rogue (and erm, Rogue's identical twin sister)

Verdict: It's Rogue. C'mon, can't make a bad Rogue. I bought two just to be sure that I'd get one decent one. The torso print is clean/clear. I could touch up the silver in the hair with paint. The head/face will be chucked and I'll replace it. Again, Pogo quality has improved.

IMG_7878_zpszw0y8nsx.jpg

6. PG027 - Iceman

Verdict: Iceman is awesome. He looks good - far surpassing my expectations. Print on arms as well.

IMG_7877_zpsqanwcthn.jpg

7. Xinh 266 - War Machine

- Verdict: Yeah, I know it's an older figure, but I wanted this one for the torso piece, but the head is also usable. No real complaints. Looks good.

IMG_7884_zpsd9fdujpq.jpg

IMG_7883_zpskbgh8ul8.jpg

8. Star Wars Dewback with Stormtrooper

Verdict: Well, you see I have the official LEGO Cantina set but no dewback, so I wanted the dewback. The dewback itself is good, the reins are good, but the saddle assembly consists of pretty poor quality pieces. It fits together, just. I think I'll see if normal LEGO pieces will fit the back of the dewback nicely, and then I'll Bricklink the pieces and replace the very ordinary stormtrooper.

IMG_7882_zpshl225rlt.jpg

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Hope this helps someone out there.

Cheers,

Bruce

@Robianco where did u get the 'fake' jumpsuit lex and fake batman from?

I didn't buy them. There's a private Mexican Lego Market group on Facebook and I got accepted into it a little while ago (even though I'm English and don't speak a word of Spanish). They were listed on there and were selling for around £9 each.

Once I'd seen the close up pics I knew they were fake so I didn't bother getting them.

Has Sheng Yuan stopped making 8 minifigure packs? All they seem to make are Lego replicas and mechs now. Also do you think decool is slowing down production? They have this set but that was their last set since the Arrow one. Man I remembered when Decool and SY dominated the bootleg market. Now it's Pogo and Xinh.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6pcs-Lot-Building-Blocks-Superhero-Minifigure-MK-47-MK39-MK33-Space-Iron-Man-Hyperion-Captain-America/32668688120.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.68.U5acD6&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10017_10021_507_10022_10020_401_9914_10018_10019_101,searchweb201603_3&btsid=c4087df1-e2d7-4e77-bd78-71abc86d5dfe

I do have a spare hulk minifigure. FF Sue Storm. A FF male body with no head or arms. Dr doom. And future foundation reed, Sue and spidey.

I do have a spare hulk minifigure. FF Sue Storm. A FF male body with no head or arms. Dr doom. And future foundation reed, Sue and spidey.

Do you have Decool Bullseye or Phoenix?

That figure is missing his helmet. LOHO brand? Is that a new company?

That head is his helmet lol Regular antman has a flesh head under his helmet. And yeh it looks like another company has joined the fray :)

Btw my kf R2D2 came today, it is pretty misaligned, wouldn't recommend to anyone.

I didn't buy them. There's a private Mexican Lego Market group on Facebook and I got accepted into it a little while ago (even though I'm English and don't speak a word of Spanish). They were listed on there and were selling for around £9 each.

Once I'd seen the close up pics I knew they were fake so I didn't bother getting them.

Cheers for the info. Hopefully another company might produce something similar.

Never seen a logo printed on back of a minifigure before.

That figure is missing his helmet. LOHO brand? Is that a new company?

Newish. By the serial I'm guessing they're the same company responsible for this:

8LDM3cg.jpg

p.s The swat utility truck from enlighten. More like a MRAP but i prefer a model of bearcat.

P_20160604_021653_zps07fr3y1h.jpg

Edited by wilson3a10

Newish. By the serial I'm guessing they're the same company responsible for this:

8LDM3cg.jpg

SPIDER-SLAYER!

From Xinh

P_20160604_000114_zpspiezplf0.jpg

Finally a sassy minx of a Spider-Woman!

3. PG023 - Psylocke

Verdict: Printing flesh colours on purple legs doesn't work (I might touch up). I'll also probably replace the head as it just doesn't work for me. Psylocke is okay, just not great.

IMG_7880_zpszujpp6mv.jpg

4. PG028 - Archangel

Verdict: I expected more from this figure. The wings are just a single silvery piece - I might repaint it. The print is good though (including arm printing).

IMG_7879_zpsqkyajnym.jpg

5. PG023 - Rogue (and erm, Rogue's identical twin sister)

Verdict: It's Rogue. C'mon, can't make a bad Rogue. I bought two just to be sure that I'd get one decent one. The torso print is clean/clear. I could touch up the silver in the hair with paint. The head/face will be chucked and I'll replace it. Again, Pogo quality has improved.

IMG_7878_zpszw0y8nsx.jpg

6. PG027 - Iceman

Verdict: Iceman is awesome. He looks good - far surpassing my expectations. Print on arms as well.

IMG_7877_zpsqanwcthn.jpg

Bruce

Funnily I was the reverse here. I thought that ArchAngel was far superior to Iceman. I agree with the flesh onpurple, but it gives her a very unique tan colour.

Has Sheng Yuan stopped making 8 minifigure packs? All they seem to make are Lego replicas and mechs now. Also do you think decool is slowing down production? They have this set but that was their last set since the Arrow one. Man I remembered when Decool and SY dominated the bootleg market. Now it's Pogo and Xinh.

http://www.aliexpres...78-71abc86d5dfe

i saw a new decool set 2 days ago on AE

thanks a lot but i'm in france :blush:

p.s The swat utility truck from enlighten. More like a MRAP but i prefer a model of bearcat.

P_20160604_021653_zps07fr3y1h.jpg

i kinda like it... i don't know enligteen, is it easy to build for a child (quality of the blocks, instructions manual etc.) ?

Edited by briksen

Do you have Decool Bullseye or Phoenix?

Just a decool Phoenix. Send me a private message or whatever this website calls it.