KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

One thing I would note about the Dargo figs, is that if you swap out the arms, be prepared for some slight differences in colours, they aren't quite right, Riddler (face aside) is printed back and front (on the legs as well!) but doesn't look right with lime lego arms, still chuffed with my upgraded Red Hood and Croc though

Edited by jangosolo

Right... I've ordered the two DLP sets along with the Decool Arrow set and the SY Justice League.

Looks like I'll have loads of figures to give away though including that Grodd... I'll also have loads of the new Bat cowl on my hands.

I'm thinking of switching out the printed arms on the Arkham Batman for genuine grey arms and going for vambraces? Or can anyone recommend a good set of printed arms that can be used instead?

At least I'll get to compare the Decool and DLP Arsenal with my genuine version. I'll post pictures when they arrive.

Dont give away grodd... can you make an ultra humanite or beast boy in Gorilla mode?

https://flic.kr/p/Aebewj

Yes, that is Artemis.

I need to check the legs on mine, I don't recall them being printed on.

Checked on mine, and the legs are also printed! so that is cool. She is a great figure. If and When TLG make her though, she will be custom fodder.

Pretty awesome hulk buster you've got there. And is that pepper minifig from official Lego?

Peppa, Stark and the Suits in the back are all TLG official.

22065561683_b195c4efbc_c.jpg

The suit in the middle, and all the non released by TLG suits are customs.

The Brick built hulkbuster is a combination of official parts from the hulkbuster set (I bought two to make a custom hulkbuster that had enough bulk to warrent being called a HULK buster) and the SY360 sets.

This is the cannon from SY 208 sets.

22686648085_438eaf69be_c.jpg

As stated, it works great with Hydra henchmen.

Edited by Krikkit

Well the Dargo Dr Fate set I prdered should be here soon and I am excited now seeing that quality upgrade. I guess it is time to order 861 before all the chinese website shut down for a good month or so like last year.

Dont give away grodd... can you make an ultra humanite or beast boy in Gorilla mode?

Checked on mine, and the legs are also printed! so that is cool. She is a great figure. If and When TLG make her though, she will be custom fodder.

Peppa, Stark and the Suits in the back are all TLG official.

The suit in the middle, and all the non released by TLG suits are customs.

The Brick built hulkbuster is a combination of official parts from the hulkbuster set (I bought two to make a custom hulkbuster that had enough bulk to warrent being called a HULK buster) and the SY360 sets.

This is the cannon from SY 208 sets.

As stated, it works great with Hydra henchmen.

Would you post your hulkbuster for reference?

Does anyone have the DLP Batman Set (9012, the one with Batman Beyond) on hand, and have pictures? I really want that Batman Beyond figure, and I've had no luck finding him solo, so I'm really on the fence about buying this set.

Also, just got some of the dargo figures from the dr. fate set in the mail. There were a few scratches and smudges, but I'm pretty impressed overall.

Does anyone have the DLP Batman Set (9012, the one with Batman Beyond) on hand, and have pictures? I really want that Batman Beyond figure, and I've had no luck finding him solo, so I'm really on the fence about buying this set.

Also, just got some of the dargo figures from the dr. fate set in the mail. There were a few scratches and smudges, but I'm pretty impressed overall.

On page 206

Has anyone ever gotten any MOC sets off Aliexpress?

I'm thinking about getting this RoboCop mech, it's too bad there's no RoboCop minifigs though...

I also kinda like this Iron Man computer console, and there's a few really cool looking batmobile variants, although some of the prices on those seem a little high.

I've got the workbench and it's okay though it's not printed but pasted on with stickers

Edited by jeduh

China giving Disney special copywrite protection.

This could be bad news for Marvel and Star Wars bootlegs https://www.yahoo.co...8--finance.html

Could be a blessing if companies are forced to stop making endless copies of Lego and concentrate more on 'alternative' characters, which I think is what most of us like.

I hope the people they charge with enforcing this have their Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe handy.

But there are so many marvel characters I still want. I'm not going to panic yet, China will probably continue to be China and not care.

While I indulge in bootlegs from time to time, I actually hope this does see a decrease in them. Ebay is oversaturated with people selling bootlegs nowadays, and half the time they say they're official LEGO too.

To clarify, I mean a decrease in quality. Like I said, I do occasionally buy bootlegs and hope to continue to have that option; I just also hope there are fewer in circulation.

Edited by JamPotStudios

If they effectively removed JLB, Lebq and others of that ilk I'd be quite happy. Dargo were very much on that list but people seem to think they're improving.

I hope SY and DLP can focus on not cloning official product. If non-Disney material means people can concentrate on DC then I'd be quite happy.

If they effectively removed JLB, Lebq and others of that ilk I'd be quite happy. Dargo were very much on that list but people seem to think they're improving.

I hope SY and DLP can focus on not cloning official product. If non-Disney material means people can concentrate on DC then I'd be quite happy.

Yup, fully agree.

In fact, I just received my Hyperion by Dargo, and I must admit, I was very pleasantly surprised. The printing was nearly clean (99%) with only some small touch ups which were a breeze for me. The head and hair were useless but I always had TLG set ready to go from my MOC Hyperion -- I'll post a pic later.

I look forward to seeing it

Here you go:

KmZSQ7K.jpg

EDIT: It's always a good perspective seeing the fig in "3rd person" -- I'm going to swap out the red hips for yellow hips...

Edited by agoodfella77

Here you go:

Need to read up on Hyperion, but that looks way better than the generic hair and face that came with the original - nice job.

Overall I think its a decent set, slightly disappointed by the square shoulders as the plastic colour doesn't quite match up with TLG arms, but I will definitely buy another Dargo set

I'm going to go mad at the 11.11 sale on AE

Need to read up on Hyperion, but that looks way better than the generic hair and face that came with the original - nice job.

Overall I think its a decent set, slightly disappointed by the square shoulders as the plastic colour doesn't quite match up with TLG arms, but I will definitely buy another Dargo set

I'm going to go mad at the 11.11 sale on AE

I was going to ask a question about the 11.11 sale, is it for every item? Do you need to register to get the promotion? It didn't seem that clear to me. thanks!