KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

@jampot If your guts tell you 'no', then you probably shouldnt' do it. I think a connection with Lego is far more valuable than a connection withsomeone who buys some bootlegs for you, plus the Lego fan community (a lot of them) despise bootleg material, so that also might not be really good advertising for yourself. We like bootlegs though (at least most of us in this thread).

In the end you have to ask yourself; did you need him before? If the answer is no, than you don't need him now too.

Those are basically my feelings on it; I just wanted to check that I wasn't overthinking things, but clearly I'm not. Thanks for your input :classic:

How is muddyriverfigs' quality in comparison to Christo's?

As good. His early figures were printed by Christo. He has his designs put together by a designer in the Flickr community and he basically produces Marvel Lego game designs. Christo's designs are getting more and more detailed and obviously he creates new moulds that really push his prices up but MRM's stuff has always been nice and clean. I was about to reply to your pm and I saw this by the way! ;)

As good. His early figures were printed by Christo. He has his designs put together by a designer in the Flickr community and he basically produces Marvel Lego game designs. Christo's designs are getting more and more detailed and obviously he creates new moulds that really push his prices up but MRM's stuff has always been nice and clean. I was about to reply to your pm and I saw this by the way! ;)

Thanks for the fast response! Taking your advice, I snatched up the last MRM Spider-Man before it sold out. ($23 really is a steal.)

My main issue is that my YouTube channel is one that I know LEGO have seen at some point and may return to, as I was selected for the LEGO Scooby-Doo Mystery Builder Campaign back in June. Basically, I don't know if I want to frequently display illegal bootlegs on my channel if it might hurt my chances of getting in contact with LEGO again; the Scooby-Doo thing was a

and I don't want to jeopardise that potential relationship with TLG. That probably sounds silly but in my head it feels like quite a big concern. Does TLG have an official stance on these bootlegs? And the fan community?

Not sure what the lego animation scene is like, but if you are lucky enough to get Lego's attention, I wouldn't jeopardize that for $40 worth of chinese plastic. Bootlegs are fun, keep it at that.

Edited by megafpf5k

Sorry to say this but I'm pretty sure not. I'm still waiting for my Spider-Woman so you're not alone waiting for heroes.

Is that the DArgo mini fig?

Epic was a subsidary of Marvel, while Vertigo/Wildstorm were both subsidaries of DC. That's the reason why I thought that at least someone made a custom of John and as a result, some bootlegger who recreated it for a reasonable price.

I would them to make some Izombie mini figures(from the tv series). That would be awesome!

d2cad336afc3793147856a4fedc4b74542a911a5_zps9oqjujd4.jpg

Interesting-ish???

These look cool but I don't recognize any of these characters from the comics. I guess that are original design.

Thanks for the fast response! Taking your advice, I snatched up the last MRM Spider-Man before it sold out. ($23 really is a steal.)

Which one did you get?

Btw, the main thing that interests me about this Ant-Man set is the potential that the HELMET has a proper mouthpiece instead of the gaping hole that was left by the original...

Also, anyone got a link for this yet?

Edited by agoodfella77

The red ant man suit look like Iron Man made a costume for him, a bit like iron spider. An "Iron Ant" if you will. Nothing massively exciting in that mix though, still really want to see these Dargo figures!

1F184BDE-E721-4E0D-A1DC-168342F010D9_zps5jold9h6.jpg

42BD9250-6AD7-4025-A0B1-0943118A3E56_zps35pg8a3i.jpg

07088377-DE9D-4A1B-B890-EC406CCDACD5_zpsltnxgxum.jpg

Old news but here's a side by side comparison for sy and lele's sentinels. Left sy right lele. Magneto has got no back print and lele's sentinel has a slanted face print :/

Does anyone have any advice? I'm really torn. Most of my gut tells me no, but I really need a second (or third or fourth) opinion before I can come to a decision.

My advice would be no. If you wanted the bootlegs you could get them for pretty cheap anyway (and come on, if he's going to lie to you about where his figures come from, then why can you trust anything else he says?) and if TLG don't like you as a result of posting bootlegs, then you're probably not going to get them back on your side.

1F184BDE-E721-4E0D-A1DC-168342F010D9_zps5jold9h6.jpg

42BD9250-6AD7-4025-A0B1-0943118A3E56_zps35pg8a3i.jpg

07088377-DE9D-4A1B-B890-EC406CCDACD5_zpsltnxgxum.jpg

Old news but here's a side by side comparison for sy and lele's sentinels. Left sy right lele. Magneto has got no back print and lele's sentinel has a slanted face print :/

I prefer the SY sentinels.I have some SY minifigures and the printings are good,but not as great as TLC sets.

20738302269_f89ca3f772_b.jpgBootleg Minifigs?

i've just been having a look on AE at some listings and seen this picture in the description of a Star Wars listing......what are they, has anyone seen them before? they don't look good enough to be original figures?

i've just been having a look on AE at some listings and seen this picture in the description of a Star Wars listing......what are they, has anyone seen them before? they don't look good enough to be original figures?

Customs from here:

Grab a few decool star wars.

DSC05048_zpszatyukpp.jpg

A comparison of the shock troopers. Left 3 from Decool and Right 2 from lego

DSC05049_zps9uwtfoj9.jpg

Edited by wilson3a10

They don't look goo.... .??

I am sorry, but some of them look supurb!

The Golden Age Flash?

Hawk-girl!

Batwoman!!

I think they look damned stunning personally.

Grab a few decool star wars.

DSC05048_zpszatyukpp.jpg

A comparison of the shock troopers. Left 3 from Decool and Right 2 from lego

DSC05049_zps9uwtfoj9.jpg

Wow, they look good. Do you have the stormtrooper fig that comes with that set?

Which one did you get?

Btw, the main thing that interests me about this Ant-Man set is the potential that the HELMET has a proper mouthpiece instead of the gaping hole that was left by the original...

The last Symbiote Spider-Man.

Which one did you get?

It looks like it has the same mouth hole thing

They don't look goo.... .??

I am sorry, but some of them look supurb!

The Golden Age Flash?

Hawk-girl!

Batwoman!!

I think they look damned stunning personally.

apologies, should have worded my statement better....i just meant they didn't look like official Lego figures because of the hair on some of them etc lol - i do agree some of them looks great i'm just not a fan of the hair

Digger has picked up the two remaining Mech builds and it looks like Banner has a lab coat on... that's just from the cover image. Same hair as the MRM custom but it looks like more of a 'concerned' face rather than worried face design. Always changeable anyway... I've always thought Frodo's head from the Shelob set would make a really good one as a double sided effort.

By the way... to whoever mentioned Chris Pratt's head for Constantine... I've now done that and it looks great so thanks!

The first Sam Wilson / Cap SDCC Custom comes in from the cold:

20765440660_c9fd27d76d_c.jpgCaptain America (Sam Wilson) [CUSTOM] [MOD] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

I should state a few things about this fig (as noted on my Flickr post):

• A friend of mine bought this for me in HK (he told me the seller is now out of stock)

• This is not a typical "bootleg" -- i.e. not by one of the mass producers like SY/DC/LL/Dargo

• This came in a proper clam shell plastic package (similar to the SDCC official package), it is printed on official LEGO parts

• It has dual sided head printing and printing on front and back torso

• It came with the plain blue LEGO legs -- I swapped this out with my red boots Spidey legs for this picture

• Please do check out my Instagram account for pictures of the alternate head and back printing (will be uploading and posting this a bit later -- it's getting very late here in my neck of the woods so I will likely upload this tomorrow)

Edited by agoodfella77