KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

decool's next wave~

Bane is cool. It is too bad the "S" on Bizzaro is not backwards.

I would love to see Bruce Wayne, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Commisioner Gordon, and a bunch in the Marvel realm (Agent Coulson, and lots of X-men).

Bane is cool. It is too bad the "S" on Bizzaro is not backwards.

Form Decool's leaflet.I think Bizzaro come with nametag like Lego or SY.

This bane is awesome.

That Bane is awesome... only thing I'm really bummed about is the Bizarro chest piece, but I guess I've got one from a previous set I can stand in with a decent dual sided Bizarro face.

Went ahead and ordered the SY AoU sets. It'd be cheaper than buying the figs I want piecemeal on eBay (Vision, Black Widow, Maria Hill) and I can use the other figs for customs. I'll report back when they come in.

Huh... interesting. I've definitely not seen it before and the fact that I can only find one instance on AE and it's at that price point seems to point to it being new. It does seem to be a bit of an odd offering since most of those figures look to be direct rehashes of figures they've previously released (except for the helmeted Thor.)

I went ahead and got these (SY279) just to see what was up and I have to admit that I was wrong. As it was later pointed out they are all "tweaked" versions of the previous set (SY180) and they all have some neat little improvements that I appreciate. I never thought I'd say it, but I'd recommend picking it up if you're on the fence. Print quality is generally good, as I expect from SY these days. One set of spider man's eyes was a bit dull and his chest printing looks to be a hair off center, but nothing I can't live with. Thor's helmet is identical to the DLP offering, but worth it if you don't already have that one. Having a minifig sized version of the AOU Hulk (right down to the toe printing) is neat. The spiderman seems to be a composite of all of the Spiderman figures Lego has done. While the dual face didn't make sense to me at first, upon closer inspection I found they used the different eye hole patterns - one like the older Spider man sets and one like the new one. The Captain America is probably the best done helmeted version I've seen to date. Superman's torso has cape printing extending from the symbol which actually looks really cool. Other than being a neat looking variant torso, Batman's head is neat. It looks like they copied the Lego movie one but made the bandanna totally black (as opposed to the white eyes on it) making for a very striking looking face when masked. I know the Iron man is another variant and good for those who collect such but he and Wolverine were the two that I could take or leave.

On another interesting note, on one of my recent orders I got the totally wrong set. I was trying to pick up the Dargo set with Ghost Rider (don't ask me why... it was an impulse buy) but instead he sent me this set (which, coincidentally, he has marked on AE as SY and not Dargo): http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Super-Heroes-The-Avengers-8pcs-lot-Iron-Man-Hulk-Batman-Thor-Building-Blocks-Sets-Minifigure-Bricks/1627453_32287352732.html

The set is pretty terrible... if I had actually ordered and paid for it I would be miffed. Spiderman had two left legs, Wolverine had no hands and all of the pieces had a generally loose fit (especially the hands.) The only saving grace the set had was that Wolverine and Thor have chrome teeth. Yes, you read that right. It made me chuckle... can't get a chrome Thor hammer, but I can get chrome Thor teeth! In the dispute I told him I would reorder after the refund but he has now raised the price from $6.50 to $14.00. Definitely not worth that for a set I don't even want that much!

my friend from AE tells me that this set is still under production and will be available for sale from the last week in June - so id advise cancelling and reordering around that date thats what i have done

Is this Ironman Dargo set the same trans ones that appeared before or are they non-trans versions?

I'm digging that bane mask. Is that a copy of a custom mould?

I seriously thought that one of them was lime green. But he's yellow lol. I never knew that there was a yellow hulk outthere

I didn't either. All I can find is this wiki article which I *think* may imply he's a fan creation, but I could be misunderstanding: http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Yellow_Hulk

Seems like he's a character from a game. Funny. I guess the yellowskin figs have their own hulk now. Also he could work as a giant for the fantasypeople overhere.

I'd rather had an Abomination instead of the yellow hulk.

Seems like he's a character from a game. Funny. I guess the yellowskin figs have their own hulk now. Also he could work as a giant for the fantasypeople overhere.

I'd rather had an Abomination instead of the yellow hulk.

Hah! I didn't think about it like that... he IS like the "Lego Hulk" Darn it! I thought I was going to escape buying that set but now I am tempted...

Is this Ironman Dargo set the same trans ones that appeared before or are they non-trans versions?

What set is your avatar from?

Or is it a custom?

unfortunately its the trans versions still

has anyone created a wiki for bootleg hero figures? i often get confused by the multiples of some figures (mainly spiderman, batman and iron man lol) and it would be good to have a place to easily identify them