KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

16556632516_8b56583ac5_z.jpg

That sentinel deserves a topic or at least more pics, looks really good, but like all sentinels could always be a bit bigger :D

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

It IS a bit bigger. The figure is posed crouching to fit on the shelf. I need a few Sentinels like this for my collection!

Why post in a forum of people that like/buy bootlegs

Thread asks if the super heroes bootlegs are worth it. I answered.

I tried them out. Quality is terrible and price is not nearly as low to justify it. Not worth it.

Edited by vexorian

Thread asks if the super heroes bootlegs are worth it. I answered.

I tried them out. Quality is terrible and price is not nearly as low to justify it. Not worth it.

Fair enough, to be honest I think the forum needs a new title. But next time it might be better to explain why you don't like bootlegs or mention personal experience.

I received my set of new SY superheroes today and something just seems a little off. ;)

It really doesn't bother me because I think it adds a bit of fun to these bootlegs. Plus it wasn't one of the main figures I wanted from the set. Everything else looks great and Galactus is amazing!!

A930EDB1-B9F4-4109-8887-51A8E2CDBDA7.jpg

Fair enough, to be honest I think the forum needs a new title. But next time it might be better to explain why you don't like bootlegs or mention personal experience.

And also read the 105 previous pages. :classic:

This thread does need a new title though.

Of the people who only buy Lego and collect minifigures, what do you do with all the sets? I can't believe anyone has the space to build every set and display it. I ran out of shelf space for this is 1998. That's the appeal to me of the bootleg figure waves. If Lego did something similar I would be interested. A quick look at their website shows keyrings for £2.99, so they could sell figures for this price if they wanted rather than making figure collectors pay £10-15 per figure in sets. Any other 'action figure' toys sell figures and playsets separately.

And also read the 105 previous pages. :classic:

This thread does need a new title though.

Of the people who only buy Lego and collect minifigures, what do you do with all the sets? I can't believe anyone has the space to build every set and display it. I ran out of shelf space for this is 1998. That's the appeal to me of the bootleg figure waves. If Lego did something similar I would be interested. A quick look at their website shows keyrings for £2.99, so they could sell figures for this price if they wanted rather than making figure collectors pay £10-15 per figure in sets. Any other 'action figure' toys sell figures and playsets separately.

Agree this thread needs a new title.

I can answer for someone who primarily collects the figs vs. the sets, this is generally what I do:

1) Give the sets / vehicles to my son

2) Sell the set (sans figures online usually through eBay)

Edited by agoodfella

I think that's the issue though. From what I can gauge they're not allowed to sell licensed figures separately as they'd be considered action figures and the license they hold doesn't permit that as there are companies that hold specific licenses for action figures.

I think that's why they had to stop the magnet sets on the bricks and the magnets are now screwed onto the figure with a metal pin.

1) Give the sets / vehicles to my son

My son wants the figures too!

I think that's the issue though. From what I can gauge they're not allowed to sell licensed figures separately as they'd be considered action figures and the license they hold doesn't permit that as there are companies that hold specific licenses for action figures.

I think that's why they had to stop the magnet sets on the bricks and the magnets are now screwed onto the figure with a metal pin.

I wonder whether this is something we are supposed to believe to protect the status quo. Lego are one of the biggest and most profitable toy brands in the world. I think they have a lot more negotiating power than you could imagine! Minimates manage it...

I remember grabbing a bunch of the Iron Man magnets when they were on sale for a few bucks a pop (the torsos were kind of useless because of the screw but the legs -- after you managed to free them, head and helmets were useable).

My son wants the figures too!

This is what led me the path to the Bootlegs "darkside" initially. Normally out of a set of 6 or 8 SY or Decool figs, I am normally after 1 or 2 at most -- the rest go to my son.

Yeah... I know what you mean but Lego is, and should be, about the brick.

We know there are a lot of minifigure fans out there and people who will only collect those but I still think they need to include figures in set rather than just sell figure packs.

With regards to sets I used to sell the sets on but now I get sets that I want and only really pick up figures on BL or eBay where I think the set cost is too much for the figures. My loft has most of the sets Ive bought in their boxes and I just display certain sets down to space issues. I've got UCS X-Wing, UCS Slave 1, Ewok Village, UCS Tumbler, TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon, AT-AT and some small vehicles on a book shelf and larger shelves in my office room. All of my LOTR/Hobbit/HP/DC & Marvel and the rest of my SW sets are stored away. I don't normally split sets into bricks for use and I like to keep them together.

I have clear plastic storage trays that I keep my minifigures in and I'm not remotely worried about mixing bootleg with genuine Lego and custom pad printed.

I've seen a couple new SY sets on aliexpress. Like SY308 which is the X-men vs Sentinel set. Or have they been out for a while?

Probably a cheap way to get an army of sentinels.

Edited by Adnan

I've seen a couple new SY sets on aliexpress. Like SY308 which is the X-men vs Sentinel set. Or have they been out for a while?

I've seen pictures of the bootleg X-men set before somewhere, but this is the first time I've seen it listed for sale. One of the auctions on aliexpress does say it's a pre-order.

I received my set of new SY superheroes today and something just seems a little off. ;)

It really doesn't bother me because I think it adds a bit of fun to these bootlegs. Plus it wasn't one of the main figures I wanted from the set. Everything else looks great and Galactus is amazing!!

"It's like someone turned his whole world upside-down face."

"- Hey, shaddup!" Hawkeye's mask is too big also. :tongue:

in my opinion. SY don't have specific part (like wolverine mask, Magneto helmet or Lightning effect) before. They just have some part in this year(but wolverine mask is very horrible). Then I think SY can't release SY308 set expect release without some minifigs.(like SY300 Batman&Aquaman without Mr.Freeze, SY303 Batman & Gordon without Bane)

in my opinion. SY don't have specific part (like wolverine mask, Magneto helmet or Lightning effect) before. They just have some part in this year(but wolverine mask is very horrible). Then I think SY can't release SY308 set expect release without some minifigs.(like SY300 Batman&Aquaman without Mr.Freeze, SY303 Batman & Gordon without Bane)

SY have had the Magneto helmet for a while and have a Magneto figure in their current wave.

Wolverine's helmet is pretty bad but I don't think that'll stop them. The lightening piece is an easy piece for them to make so I think they'd be able to put out a full set if they wanted to.

I know they are awful..... But I think I'm going to get both sets,

I have these. Aside from the Cap figure arriving one-armed, they're pretty good actually! Above Doll-brand but slightly below SY/Decool quality. Unless you mean the designs.