KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

The tracking is working now, but it says it departed the sorting facility almost three weeks ago. It usually only take about a week to arrive after that point.

That Darth Revan actually looks pretty good.

I'm surprised this one is still under some people's radar.

Get an official hood and black cape on there along with genuine black arms and dark red hands and it wouldn't be easy to split it from a real one.

Funny how the CGI image on the front of the box shows a CW style Obi Wan and yet they've included the proper version inside the box.

Edited by Robianco

Funny how the CGI image on the front of the box shows a CW style Obi Wan and yet they've included the proper version inside the box.

Im so glad its not the CW face. Another thing thats different is the arm on Darth Revan has the same arm as the monster bat minifigure but doesnt include that arm in the actual set. Shame cause I think it would look pretty cool

Gp77HJ.jpg

Edited by TheWoodenLeg

I just stumbled upon this thread (usually hang out just in the SW forum) and it's got me slightly worried. I collect minifigures and buy a lot from Bricklink. Is there a way to tell between the original Lego minifigures and the fake ones? By what I have seen I am starting to think that a lot of the Bricklink minifigures could potentially be fake ones. :cry_sad:

I just stumbled upon this thread (usually hang out just in the SW forum) and it's got me slightly worried. I collect minifigures and buy a lot from Bricklink. Is there a way to tell between the original Lego minifigures and the fake ones? By what I have seen I am starting to think that a lot of the Bricklink minifigures could potentially be fake ones. :cry_sad:

Just find word "LEGO" on each parts

http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-differentiate-original-with.html

None of the brands discussed on this thread are out to rip people off with fake products. Several companies have different connection methods for the hips, different shape arms and legs and none have the words Lego stamped on every part. The whole issue of copying designs is a whole legal/moral grey area, but you shouldn't be able to buy one of these clones brands by mistake and not know it.

The wacky Iron Man sets are showing up on Ebay. I ordered mine. I paid a little more than I wanted to, but now I won't be online searching for them every day!! So it's worth it!

But, just as a reminder to everyone...Chinese New Year starts today. In many cases, anything you order from sellers over in China may not actually ship out for 2 weeks. The seller on Ebay I use the most even sent me a note letting me know that he is on vacation for 2 weeks for Chinese New Year.

On Lego related news. The New York Toy Fair is unveiling the new Marvel sets for the summer wave. A ant man set with Ant-man, hank Pym and Yellow jacket has been revealed ($19.99), a small shield set with a shield agent, Carnage and Miles Morales ultimate Spiderman ($9.99) and another set is to be shown of Iron Spider and Sandman. All decently priced. These sets are what is okay with Lego, all the exclusive figures from the Age of Ultron sets are purposely placed in over priced sets. Those figures in the Age of Ultron sets I can't wait for Decool and SY to replicate.

Edit: To Superblocks I have received my SY set, after almost a month and two weeks. The figures are all in good shape. I don't think I will be placing any orders with them anymore.

Edited by Kire

I think Lego missed a golden opportunity to include a microfigure version of Ant-Man in that set... I mean, come on! They did it with the Helicarrier, why not with a set that a microfigure would make an incredible about of sense.

The wacky Iron Man sets are showing up on Ebay. I ordered mine. I paid a little more than I wanted to, but now I won't be online searching for them every day!! So it's worth it!

Care to share the seller?

Iron Man Wave 3 from SY is finally on ebay!! wooo!!

www.ebay.com/itm/221691182242

Edited by HyperDNep

Group buy anyone?

Found these last weekend in Shanghai, Pearl market in Gubei district.

Initial price for the minifigs was 20rmb(2.80eur), but you could score them for 5rmb (0.70eur).

lol, anyway real lego sells for stupid prices in China, definitely bubble tax.

SFUhNV9l.jpg

6zwt48Zl.jpg

NkmNfaCl.jpg

iXo7IZgl.jpg

Group buy anyone?

Found these last weekend in Shanghai, Pearl market in Gubei district.

Initial price for the minifigs was 20rmb(2.80eur), but you could score them for 5rmb (0.70eur).

lol, anyway real lego sells for stupid prices in China, definitely bubble tax.

Topic moved and merged.

WhiteFang

I'm actually disappointed that this thread is the go to thread for all bootleg material.

I think this thread started out as a source for info regarding non-Lego produced figures and whether the quality was any good... and since then we've seen a big rise in the quality of some manufacturers and an increase in the amount of small (and basically rubbish) bootleg companies... but just seeing the piles of clone sets that are shown in the images above are quite disheartening I think.

Maybe I'm being wholly hypocritical here but I've always said I'm interested in those items that are not produced by Lego or those items that are distributed unevenly and then made prohibitively expensive (I'm looking at you SDCC scalpers) but all of the sets in the images above are just general retail sets and will obviously be of inferior quality to Lego. I can actually see where they would have their place in their native market, one that caters for those people that would like Lego but are unable to afford it... especially if the costs are kept very low (Hell... even Barcelona kits are available at many outlets across Barcelona that are available far below the official Nike versions - £10 as opposed to £70) but we're talking about a Lego forum here... I just don't see why people would want to bulk buy a whole load of fake Chima or Friends.

I'll get back in my box now... It's just that I've never really understood the refusal for people to even consider bootleg figures of things that Lego haven't made, and will probably never make, as a way of building their collection but the images of shelves full of fake retail products does make me realise why they won't consider them.

I'm actually disappointed that this thread is the go to thread for all bootleg material.

I think this thread started out as a source for info regarding non-Lego produced figures and whether the quality was any good... and since then we've seen a big rise in the quality of some manufacturers and an increase in the amount of small (and basically rubbish) bootleg companies... but just seeing the piles of clone sets that are shown in the images above are quite disheartening I think.

Maybe I'm being wholly hypocritical here but I've always said I'm interested in those items that are not produced by Lego or those items that are distributed unevenly and then made prohibitively expensive (I'm looking at you SDCC scalpers) but all of the sets in the images above are just general retail sets and will obviously be of inferior quality to Lego. I can actually see where they would have their place in their native market, one that caters for those people that would like Lego but are unable to afford it... especially if the costs are kept very low (Hell... even Barcelona kits are available at many outlets across Barcelona that are available far below the official Nike versions - £10 as opposed to £70) but we're talking about a Lego forum here... I just don't see why people would want to bulk buy a whole load of fake Chima or Friends.

I'll get back in my box now... It's just that I've never really understood the refusal for people to even consider bootleg figures of things that Lego haven't made, and will probably never make, as a way of building their collection but the images of shelves full of fake retail products does make me realise why they won't consider them.

Wasn't there a separate thread for bootleg sets split of from this one a while back? Shouldn't the above post have been merged with that?

I've seen decools figures at Flea Markets here in the US on multiples occasions so there you might be able to purchase them cheaper than online and not have to worry about the item never arriving.

There's a guy who regularly has a stall at car boot sales near me and it's almost exclusively bootleg figures. He sells them at around £2 each.

Yes I tried to start a thread a while back for set discussions, but it never really took off. If I wasn't on mobile at the moment I would link it.

Wasn't there a separate thread for bootleg sets split of from this one a while back? Shouldn't the above post have been merged with that?

There's a guy who regularly has a stall at car boot sales near me and it's almost exclusively bootleg figures. He sells them at around £2 each.

Without sounding creepy, where abouts is this car boot sale? You're in the UK right?

Edited by Swifty118247

Ha!... Don't worry!.. It's Burscough Giant Car Boot sale in the North West around 15 miles outside of Liverpool.

I saw him there once and he had a few of them... went a couple of weeks later and his stall was full... even with bigfigs etc.

He actually had some official figures but only to sell the SY single mini figure cases... He actually had an original Bane in there and I'd hoped he hadn't noticed but he laughed when i offered him £2 for it... told him it was worth a try!

I might actually pop up there when things warm up and see if he has any of the new SY wave so I can get a good Daredevil head to replace the misprint one I got... especially if they're still only £2 per figure. Easier than ordering a full set and waiting 3 weeks for them even if they're only £6 for a set.

Edited by Robianco

Ha!... Don't worry!.. It's Burscough Giant Car Boot sale in the North West around 15 miles outside of Liverpool.

I saw him there once and he had a few of them... went a couple of weeks later and his stall was full... even with bigfigs etc.

He actually had some official figures but only to sell the SY single mini figure cases... He actually had an original Bane in there and I'd hoped he hadn't noticed but he laughed when i offered him £2 for it... told him it was worth a try!

I might actually pop up there when things warm up and see if he has any of the new SY wave so I can get a good Daredevil head to replace the misprint one I got... especially if they're still only £2 per figure. Easier than ordering a full set and waiting 3 weeks for them even if they're only £6 for a set.

That's not to far from me, I'll have to have to go at some point. Thanks!

Edited by Swifty118247