KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Wouldn't he be the man of iron? :laugh:

:-)

In Dutch, Iron Man was called Staalman (man of steel) in the translated comics.

:-)

In Dutch, Iron Man was called Staalman (man of steel) in the translated comics.

:laugh: I am surprised DC didn't sue Marvel for that translation.

This is ridiculous...

I WANT IT.

Meh, I wish SY and / or Decool would just go ahead and make the rest of the Iron Man Armory that hasn't been done yet (Disco, Blue Steel, Tiger etc.)

I want Hot rod badly....

Is this an Iron Man Hot Rod? or Transformers Hot Rod, cos I've got a Kreon Hot Rod listed on ebay....

Meh, I wish SY and / or Decool would just go ahead and make the rest of the Iron Man Armory that hasn't been done yet (Disco, Blue Steel, Tiger etc.)

100% agree. I've picked up a handful of pricey handmade customs to try and complete the armory, but still missing about half of all the numbered mark versions. With SY262, I'm starting to regret that a little, because I'm now hoping it will eventually happen via SY/Decool, but it just may take some time.

Edited by adalric

100% agree. I've picked up a handful of pricey handmade customs to try and complete the armory, but still missing about half of all the numbered mark versions. With SY262, I'm starting to regret that a little, because I'm now hoping it will eventually happen via SY/Decool, but it just may take some time.

You are not alone. I bought some handmade custom (decal) of Gemini, Nightclub, etc.) for a pretty pricey per fig price (certainly pricey relative to the bootlegs for sure)...

Edited by agoodfella

It kind of depends how well they're done. I'm not really interested if they haven't appeared in a comic/movie in some way... but if they're of SY quality then it's a curiosity thing that kind of makes you want to pick up interesting, but well made, figures.

If it's Doll or Lele quality it's a very easy pass.

Have any non-Chinese speakers / readers manage to order from TaoBao by any chance? How did you do it, did you use Google translate? Were you successful? What currency did you pay?

I guess I am asking for a kind of AMA...

Thanks!

Have any non-Chinese speakers / readers manage to order from TaoBao by any chance? How did you do it, did you use Google translate? Were you successful? What currency did you pay?

Thanks!

I guess it will be quite difficult to communicate with the china-based taobao sellers as they all speak and read very limited English. (No impoliteness here).

In most cases, for me, i will communicate with the sellers about the stock of the toys i wish to purchase.

Sometimes i may not communicate but just place my order and pay it, provided that i had been dealing business with him before.

Thanks!

I ordered from Engtaobao through an agent. You just paste in the URL of the item from Taobao and then make the order.

The shipping is bloody expensive though!! It was only worth it because I ordered several sets and got them before they hit eBay... then sold the remaining stuff to make my money back.

I guess it will be quite difficult to communicate with the china-based taobao sellers as they all speak and read very limited English. (No impoliteness here).

In most cases, for me, i will communicate with the sellers about the stock of the toys i wish to purchase.

Sometimes i may not communicate but just place my order and pay it, provided that i had been dealing business with him before.

Thanks for your reply. I presume you can read and write Chinese. Are you based outside of China / HK? i.e. do they deliver internationally?

Cheers.

I ordered from Engtaobao through an agent. You just paste in the URL of the item from Taobao and then make the order.

The shipping is bloody expensive though!! It was only worth it because I ordered several sets and got them before they hit eBay... then sold the remaining stuff to make my money back.

Interesting. Very helpful. Thanks mate.

I'm looking for the new Iron Man wave SY-262. Anyone got spares? Can't find them on ebay and don't want to order on Aliexpress.

Thanks for your reply. I presume you can read and write Chinese. Are you based outside of China / HK? i.e. do they deliver internationally?

Cheers.

You are welcome.

I live in Hong Kong and I am native Hong Konger.

I do not sell toys but just a customer :classic:

We, as located at Hong Kong, are extremely easy to purchase stuffs from Taobao and get them in hand quite quickly.

And I had asked one of my Taobao sellers whether he could deliver his stuff internationally?

He replied he could arrange delivery to China, Hong Kong and Macau of course and Taiwan.

As for other countries, he said he did not want to bear the risk and not deliver, or you arrange your own courier agent to his office for the pick up......

(This is just my own experience and for reference only...)

By the way, I am still frustrated about the taobao sellers (actually should be the same group of sellers that sell to you in Aliexpress worldwide) of the international shipping fee!? :hmpf_bad:

As others say, the cost should be bloody expensive!!

The new decool figures are on AE: They are still pricey.

http://www.aliexpres...2280341036.html

I wonder if we are going to see bootleg microfigures like in the UCS helicarrier. Thoughts?

Excuse me, does it mean that this Aliexpress seller is selling these six boxes of Super Heroes to you at a total cost of US$9.30 including the shipping to USA?

Edited by Jeannehk2007

I don't think that's a bad price for the Decool set... Anywhere round the $9/£6 mark for a set is fine for me.

Groot is also available:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Decool-2Pcs-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-MiniFigures-GUARDIANS-OF-THE-GALAXY-GROOT-TREE-MAN-Bricks-Figures/32277704729.html

Just over $6/£4 for 2 of them.

Might pick them up and move one on to one of our friends with an aversion to AE.

How long until Fury and Hill from the Helicarrier set are released by our Eastern cousins?

Edited by Robianco

Just got these two

16396070415_3c7d559a07.jpg

16208435048_7986ae9ba4.jpg

I don't think that's a bad price for the Decool set... Anywhere round the $9/£6 mark for a set is fine for me.

Groot is also available:

http://www.aliexpres...2277704729.html

Might pick them up and move one on to one of our friends with an aversion to AE.

How long until Fury and Hill from the Helicarrier set are released by our Eastern cousins?

Do you mean this set?

OADqSEc.jpg

Edited by Jeannehk2007

OADqSEc.jpg

Looks nice but really highlights Lego's horrible marketing policy and why a lot of us are here. $349 apparently (I dread to think how much here in the UK) for a mini scale set and then they include exclusive normal size minfigures that really have no connection to the rest of the set since they're completely the wrong scale. I bet Decool and SY will love this. More stupidly expensive Lego figures to bootleg.

Groot is also available:

http://www.aliexpres...2277704729.html

The Helicarrier is available in the US March 1. VIP access from February 17th.

Thanks for the info on Groot.

I messaged the seller on the Decool wave and got a much better price. I did however buy 5 sets : )

The Decool wave is interesting for only a couple of thing for me... Electro really... then being able to compare the head for DD with the SY one.

I've got the Phoenix Customs Collector on the way but this head might be very close to the SDCC version so I may keep hold of that... and if they've got the Bane right then it'll be a decent placeholder until I decide to pick the original one up.

I've never negotiated with a AE seller... Maybe I don't order enough quantities of any particular set for it to be worth it.

If I can find a seller that's got both the Groot and the other Decool wave I might give it a go.

Would you mind PM'ing me with the rate you managed to get?