KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Ooh nice to see better pictures.

Ant-man: great to have him. I'm afraid that the upcoming lego antman will be moviebased, so i'm really glad we'll have the comicversion by sy. Nice sculpt on the helmet and also liking the design of his outfit very much. But just as Robianco said, i'm not sure on his headprint. But i guess the eyes are a bitt off because of the helmet.

Daredevil: would've liked to see a different color for the horns(black), and maybe black outlines for the DD logo. Nice to get him to fight bullseye.

Wolverine: curious if the mask will match wolvie from the deadpool set

Beast: love the design.

Yellow Deadpool: I'm not really familiar with him, but he's looking decent. I like him better in red.

Galactus: looking great! Never thought i would see him as a minifig.

Comic Hawkeye: i like the outfit, but i think the mask is a tad too big, and i think he misses a purple/pink quiver and bow. Still i'm really glad we see him in comicversion as he is one of my favorite avengers.

Phoenix: also will replace her head with the decool one

To me, some of these figures don't look like the SY quality we are used to. Especially Cyborg and Ant-Man look horrible in my opinion...Red Robins headpiece looks like the old Batman headpiece without the ears. I like the idea, but it is not executed well, the mold does not seem to be clean and the nose is a little disturbing. Like some Lele knock-offs of SY figures. 3-4 figs are good, though.

Edited by KCMatze

Daredevil is an exact copy of the NACM figure and as such looks pretty good. Cyborg is pretty much exactly the LB2 version so it's nice to have that variant. I agree the mould doesn't look that great on Red Robin's helmet but I have the Christo it's based on so I'll just get the Phoenix Custom head to complete that one... But I don't think we'll truly be able to gauge it until they're in hand.

I'd also say that the Green Arrow looks particularly good. For something that's a $200 SDCC exclusive it's around $1 for this and it looks as good... If not better for the brown strap detailing.

Completely new moulds for Hawkeye, Galactus and Antman headgear... We're getting very blasé about this yet when Lego produce one or two new moulds for a wave it's a big deal.

I've really debated on buying some of these bootlegs, but I just cant bring myself to do it. Some look pretty decent, just don't want to take a chance. It's ridiculous how many bootlegs are out there these days.

I'd say that if Lego produce the figure then get an original but for something completely new weigh up if you want a bootleg or hunt out a decent custom... Which could cost the same as a regular Lego set if not more. Stick with Decool or SY and you should be fine. Dargo, JLB or Lele should be left on the shelf (mostly).

Edited by Robianco

So whats the rule on selling these figures on ebay? Are we allowed to sell bootleg figures on there?

Yep as long as you list them as "LIKE" lego or, "fits with popular brands" are mostly what I've seen. Without it I wouldn't have any at all.

DIgger posted his review of the half of the latest SY wave of Super Hero figures.

Galactus looks better then I expected. I ordered my set a few weeks ago. It should arrive in another 2 weeks.

Definitely a missed opportunity, but those are still kinda cool. I won't be buying them, though, I would if they were characters that made sense to be transparent.

here's new decool wave~

UbzQpHx.jpg

daredevil, electro, collector, plasticman, green lantern, bane :grin:

Edited by tkkim79

here's new decool wave~

daredevil, electro, collector, plasticman, green lantern, bane :grin:

Awesome! I have been waiting for a collector figure! Is that the electro from the amazing spiderman 2 polybag?? Looks like a great wave.

May have to pick up that wave for Electro and the Collector

Edited by LMB10

Yea Decool

The electro is more loyal to the sony movie one. :>

Electro looks like the one from the Lego polybag with a hood.

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Electro-LEGO-Minifigure-Polybag-5002125-Promo-Close-Up-e1412552822803.jpg

Hey guys, brand new forum member here. Have recently got into Marvel Lego and loved some of the SY/Decool that weren't available or retired from lego, I've grabbed a few sets off Aliexpress and really impressed. Can anyone recommend a good seller for older SY/Decool minifigs? Planning to get a ton :D

Does anyone who bought the SY Heroes Assemble set from the seller 'Super Blocks' have a tracking number that works? They were the first store to have these new Sheng Yuan sets up so I took a risk and bought them but the tracking number they provided doesnt work.. Im wondering if Iv been scammed..

The store is http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1630962 and I ordered around 2 and a half weeks ago now

RVfnUf.jpg

Edited by TheWoodenLeg