KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I'm actually a bricklink reseller.

www.pitdroids-legos.com

I normally don't go much above retail when I sell if any. I do it to pay for the addiction. lol

I don't have an issue with the bootleg figures as I've probably spent over $100.00 on them so far. Now if I have a choice of real LEGO or the bootleg I go with the LEGO every time.

This is why I have no interest in the Guardians figures.

But anything LEGO is not making is awesome.

I also don't have a issue with reporting eBay sellers that are claiming they are real LEGO when they are not to take advantage of people that don't know any better. Shut them down.

But other sellers leave them alone.

You have to be honest.

I've bought from both eBay and Aliexpress. I've had no issues so far with either.

I actually wish Decool or SY would make Star Wars figures that LEGO has not made.

Blue below are ones I'm keeping

The others I may list on eBay soon or use for my own customs.

Decool

Phoenix

Blue Wolverine

Movie Joker

Black Widow

Spider-man

Captain America

Punisher

Bullseye

Electro

Red Skull

Task Master

Falcon

Hulkbuster

Fantastic Four (Blue)

Odin

Green Arrow

Winter Soldier

Phoenix

Fantastic Four (white)

Shazam

Red Hulk (Big)

Thing (Big Blue Shorts)

All Decool Ironmen (keep only Non LEGO)

League of Legends set (Not Arrived yet)

Venom (Big) (Not Arrived yet)

SY

Young Justice Set

Lantern Set

All SY Ironmen (keep only Non LEGO)

SY303 Iron Man Set

SY304 Iron Man Set

New Fantastic Four Set

Captain America Set (keep only Non LEGO)

Superman Set (keep only Non LEGO)

His Avenger’ s Set (manly for Hulk) (keep only Non LEGO)

SWAT (All 8 Different ones) (Not Arrived yet)

LELE

SWAT Set

DOLL (Not Arrived yet)

Taskmaster

Martian Manhunter

Falcon

Punisher

Red Skull

Dark Phoenix

Powerman

Flash

Watching

New LELE SWAT

Decool X-men set with Storm, Magneto, Wolverine, Batman , Catwoman, Batman Zur-En-Arrh

LELE Spider-man

SY Spider-man

Dargo set with spiderman 2, nick fury, Deadpool

Decool Modern War Set

Sorry I rambled a little. haha

Sorry I rambled a little. haha

I'm all about the lists, I document what I keep in my 7 modified display frames and obsess about what goes where. So I quite enjoyed reading yours.

Saaaaaaad I know.

^I agree with everything Pitdroid said.

It's not just the fact that people speculatively pick up sets to sell... it's just the tone of some of those comments... 'If you've invested heavily in...' That tells you just how much stock some people have... even in CMF lines.

I sometimes sell mini figures on eBay... genuine Lego as well as some spare bootleg figures. I'm not a reseller and I have only once or twice picked up more than one set of a bootleg range and that's only when the prices were really low... but I never actually sell them at the same time just to avoid confusion.

If I'm listing some bootlegs they're not in the Lego section and are clearly listed as Lego compatible. I too choose genuine Lego over bootleg every time (except for SDCC stuff but even then I've got pad printed customs of some!).. but my minifig collection also has more Christo customs than bootlegs.

I also tend to keep the money from sales in Paypal to pay for customs or BL orders.

The general tone for that thread though is quite zealous... its a threat to profit so we'll remove them one post at a time... but we'll get them all eventually then our investments will be protected. We're not even talking like for like... The hoarding of sets such as Funhouse Escape against some bootleg minifigs that feature in the set. It feels very cold to me... Lego as pure profit. These are the people that would buy up a whole store's worth of Rocket Raccoon polybags to then scalp people on eBay rather than them being promo items to be shared out evenly as they're supposed to be.

The SWAT and Modern Warfare figures may be having more of an effect on the likes of Brickarms and Si-Dan etc... for a £6 set you get the kind of armour and weapons that would have cost around £25 to buy previously... never mind the figures that are included. I buy Citizen Brick german WWII stuff (along with Brickforge Rigged stuff too)... I'm kind of hoping we get some alternatives to those from SY at some point... not necessarily the same prints or copies of them but at least venturing into new areas and building upon other themes.

all character of lego marvel super heroes

sorry for off-topic

Thanks. Nice graphic. Is there a good Squirrel Girl figure available anywhere?

I was about to comment on the previous topic but I think i would just end up ranting! That's a nice image but I think I only recognise about 60% of them :blush: . Is anyone willing to do a list :grin: . Coincidentally I was contemplating just the other day on whether King Pin should be a minifig or bigfig - I'd definitely buy one of those. Also why is the Statue of Liberty there - is it a reference to Mystique in X-Men?

Here is the list best as I can reckon. There are quite I few I did not recognize. Feel free to fill in the gaps or make corrections:

Row 01: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, Kingpin, Don't know, Don't know, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket

Row 02: Nova, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider??, Don't Know, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Blade, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Luke Cage

Row 03: Captain Marvel, Punisher, Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl, Union Jack, Galactus, Howard the duck, Wolverine, Wolverine, Cyclops

Row 04: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Phoenix (jean grey), Emma Frost, Emma Frost crystal form, Beast, Colossus, Gambit, Iceman, Storm

Row 05: Deadpool, Havok, Psylock, Charles Xavier, Magneto, Magneto, Don't Know, Polaris, Arc Angel, Juggernaut

Row 06: Blob, Mystique, Don't know, Pyro, Sabertooth, Silver Samurai, Viper, Toad, Sentinel, Spider-Man

Row 07: Spiderman (FF), Peter Parker, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Spider, Black Cat, Doc Ock, Doc Ock, Curt Connors, Lizard, Green Goblin,

Row 08: Ultimate Green Goblin, Venom?, Venom, Carnage?, Sandman, Mysterio, Not sure, Electro, Movie Electro, Rhino

Row 10: Vulture, Beetle, Kraven, Aunt May, Gwen, MJ Watson, J. Jonah Jameson, Iron Man MK 1, Iron Man MK ?, Iron Man MK ?

Row 11: Iron Man MK ?, Iron Man MK ?, Iron Man MK ?, Hulkbuster, Tony Stark, War Machine, Iron Patriot, Pepper Potts, Don't know, Don't know

Row 12: Mandarin, aldrich killian, Whiplash, Captain America, Captain America, Captain Britain, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Phil Coulson

Row 13: Agent May?, Don't konw, Ant Man, Ant Man, Wasp, Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Hydra Goon, Task Master, Hulk

Row 14: Bruce Banner, Abomination, Leader, Red Hulk, General Ross, She Hulk, Thor, Thor, Loki, Heimdall

Row 15: devastator, Don't know, Don't know, Don't know, Don't know, Don't know, Reed Richards, Reed Richards (FF), Sue Storm, Sue Storm (FF)

Row 16: Jonny Storm, Jonny Storm (flame on), Thing, Thing (FF), Doctor Doom, Modok, Don't Know, Silver Surfer, Skrull, Herbie

Row 17: Don't know, Rick Jones, A-bomb, beta ray bill, Dark Phoenix, Falcon, Hawkeye, Spiderman (With Sybiote), Thanos, Winter Soldier

Row 18: Odin, Frigga?, Lady Sif, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Don't Know, Don't know, AIM soldier, Worker?

Row 19: Doom bot, big doom bot?, Statue of Liberty, Don't know, Iron Man Mark 1 covered in sand?, Don't know, Don't know, Tony Stark in undies with Iron man helmet

I think this is my 100th post : )

Wow, I was sort of joking but secretly hoped someone would do it - Cheers :thumbup: . You got miles more than me and all I can add is that i think next to Mysterio (Row 8) is Shocker.

Row 01: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, Kingpin, Kingpin Henchman, Star Lord, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket

Row 02: Nova, Dr. Strange, Dorammu, Nightmare, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Blade, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Luke Cage

Row 03: Captain Marvel, Punisher, Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl, Union Jack, Galactus, Howard the duck, Wolverine, Wolverine, Cyclops

Row 04: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Phoenix (jean grey), Emma Frost, Emma Frost crystal form, Beast, Colossus, Gambit, Iceman, Storm

Row 05: Deadpool, Havok, Psylock, Charles Xavier, Magneto, Magneto, Magneto Acolyte, Polaris, Arc Angel, Juggernaut

Row 06: Blob, Mystique, Master Mind, Pyro, Sabertooth, Silver Samurai, Viper, Toad, Sentinel, Spider-Man

Row 07: Spiderman (FF), Peter Parker, Spider-Woman, Superior Spiderman, Black Cat, Doc Ock, Doc Ock, Curt Connors, Lizard, Green Goblin,

Row 08: Ultimate Green Goblin, Venom?, Venom, Carnage?, Sandman, Mysterio, Shocker, Electro, Movie Electro, Rhino

Row 10: Vulture, Beetle, Kraven, Aunt May, Gwen, MJ Watson, J. Jonah Jameson, Iron Man MK 1, Iron Man MK 6, Iron Man MK 7

Row 11: Iron Man MK 42, Iron Man MK17 (Heartbreaker), Iron Man MK (Toy Fair Exclusive), Hulkbuster, Tony Stark, War Machine, Iron Patriot, Pepper Potts,Rescue, Mandarin

Row 12: Mandarin, aldrich killian, Whiplash, Captain America, Captain America, Captain Britain, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Phil Coulson

Row 13: Maria Hill, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, Ant Man, Ant Man, Wasp, Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Hydra Goon, Task Master, Hulk

Row 14: Bruce Banner, Abomination, Leader, Red Hulk, General Ross, She Hulk, Thor, Thor, Loki, Heimdall

Row 15: devastator, Laufey , Malekith, Kurse, Absorbing Man, Frost Giant, Reed Richards, Reed Richards (FF), Sue Storm, Sue Storm (FF)

Row 16: Jonny Storm, Jonny Storm (flame on), Thing, Thing (FF), Doctor Doom, Modok, Ronan The Accusor, Silver Surfer, Super Skrull, Herbie

Row 17: Wizard, Rick Jones, A-bomb, beta ray bill, Dark Phoenix, Falcon, Hawkeye, Spiderman (With Sybiote), Thanos, Winter Soldier

Row 18: Odin, Jane Foster, Lady Sif, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Malekith (Movie),Kurse (Movie), AIM soldier, Damage Control

Row 19: Doom bot, Doombot V-Series, Statue of Liberty, Roxxon Agent, Sandman Goon, Symbiote Infected Scientist, Symbiote Infected Scientist, Tony Stark in undies with Iron man helmet

Edited by chriscorbett

Awesome! I knew WIzard I just couldn't remember his name. The Damage Control figure is funny. I actually have the original comics. That just leaves a few more unidentified figures.

Row 5 might be Kitty Pryde. I expected her to have an X on her belt if it was her.

Awesome! I knew WIzard I just couldn't remember his name. The Damage Control figure is funny. I actually have the original comics. That just leaves a few more unidentified figures.

Row 5 might be Kitty Pryde. I expected her to have an X on her belt if it was her.

Yeah I wasn't sure on that one, but have just remembered she is just a Magneto Acolyte.

Yeah I wasn't sure on that one, but have just remembered she is just a Magneto Acolyte.

I really have to get the game but it means updating my game system : (

I really have to get the game but it means updating my game system : (

same here :laugh:

Edited by Sebiron

Also why is the Statue of Liberty there - is it a reference to Mystique in X-Men?

'Liberty' as the playable character is known, is there because

The Statue of Liberty plays a large part in the videogame

^ Thanks, I also would need to update my game system to play.

Just had another auction removed. Urgh.

One of these... "MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item"? And is anyone really going to email Lego's Legal department to find out why it's been pulled? I mean who wants to give them their email address.

If Lego want to stop bootlegs they need to get them at the source. Or, how about changing their sales strategy for the SH theme? Super Heroes is arguably the most character driven Lego theme and the most copied. So, why not release more small, affordable sets and produce as many characters as possible, or put more minifigs in bigger sets, or introduce a sub-theme similar to the SW planet sets / micro-fighters? There's enough variety in the comic book world to release multiple variants of the same character year in and year out and if more affordable Lego Super Heroes sets were available maybe people would be less likely to buy copies. I know I would.

^ Thanks, I also would need to update my game system to play.

One of these... "MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item"? And is anyone really going to email Lego's Legal department to find out why it's been pulled? I mean who wants to give them their email address.

If Lego want to stop bootlegs they need to get them at the source. Or, how about changing their sales strategy for the SH theme? Super Heroes is arguably the most character driven Lego theme and the most copied. So, why not release more small, affordable sets and produce as many characters as possible, or put more minifigs in bigger sets, or introduce a sub-theme similar to the SW planet sets / micro-fighters? There's enough variety in the comic book world to release multiple variants of the same character year in and year out and if more affordable Lego Super Heroes sets were available maybe people would be less likely to buy copies. I know I would.

Yes one of those, gives an email address which is linked to a legal firm - basically just suggests you contact them to get the reason.

It was 3 SWAT guys, which technically aren't copies of any Lego figure, was sold as lego compatible, which may have been the issue? I had another one shut down a month ago, which was a shoebox full of kreo, megablocks and other tat, I had listed that it could be used with lego etc - that auction did not last long! but I mean is that really a problem for Lego??!

I agree on your points on Lego, there is a wealth of characters out there, minifigs are the big sellers, why not sell more of them? People would pay £5 or more for most figures (I would). Certainly resellers make a lot of money out of Lego by splitting off sets, so why shouldn't Lego take control of that market themselves? I am sure people would still buy the play sets as well - if they were good enough (some are really bad and only worth it for 1 figure - Iron Man vs The Mandarin I am looking at you)

The Lego Games for both DC and Marvel have loads of characters in them, yet we get the same Batman over and over and over.

Real opportunity for them, but they don't take advantage of their own IP, so its no wonder Lele, Decool and SY are suddenly so popular.

I am going to be annoyed if I can't sell my Framed Iron Man Hall of Armour on ebay though...

According to eBay terms you're allowed to use "Compatible with..." or "Fits Lego" but bizarrely you're not allowed to say "Not Lego". I had some Decool TNMT figs pulled and I re-listed with absolutely no mention of Lego whatsoever, I even went as far as to call them 'Mini Action Figures' - I manged to sell them on the same day as they were originally up for sale and for the price I wanted - felt a bit smug about that.

I've also had listings for Batman of the Future (Batman Beyond) and Odin removed possibly for saying 'fits Lego' but wierdly all the other items I had for sale weren't targeted even though the listings were similar.

I decided to have some fun with my Human Torch hair while I'm waiting for his replacement arm...

15658327129_935f11e6c2_n.jpg

Almost Purist Ghost Rider on Flickr

Edited by Praiter Yed

According to eBay terms you're allowed to use "Compatible with..." or "Fits Lego" but bizarrely you're not allowed to say "Not Lego". I had some Decool TNMT figs pulled and I re-listed with absolutely no mention of Lego whatsoever, I even went as far as to call them 'Mini Action Figures' - I manged to sell them on the same day as they were originally up for sale and for the price I wanted - felt a bit smug about that.

I've also had listings for Batman of the Future (Batman Beyond) and Odin removed possibly for saying 'fits Lego' but wierdly all the other items I had for sale weren't targeted even though the listings were similar.

Has that been discovered through experience or have you been informed that? I am sure I was using fits lego, but may have possibly used not lego... though what difference does it make!!

Where yours in the "Lego" category?

I've not had a listing pulled yet but maybe the new found zeal with which some are reporting will see my next one taken down.

I don't list in the Lego section though and I just say that they're compatible so I'm not sure why it should contravene anything but who knows.

I really don't think you should have had a listing for SWAT figures taken down.

I agree that a slight shift in Lego's strategy could see them release many more SH sets and with it more figures... who know... maybe now that it's recognised as an evergreen theme that'll come eventually.

£7.99 for a small set with one figure and a vehicle or scene could work like SW... but maybe SW has enough vehicles etc that can carry such a concept whereby the SH theme doesn't.

The new DC wave is a really big push towards a diverse range of figures though that it may just spark the beginning of a flood of new characters rather than just a glorified Batman theme.... Marvel's Universe is also growing with the films etc to in a year or two I'm sure quite a few of these bootlegs will be replaced by genuine Lego.