KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Well I managed to register with Taobao but most of the sellers only sell to China on there... or at least that's what I can see with the translated site... and the fact things don't seem to go into the shopping cart.

Looks like I'll have to wait for AE!

Well I managed to register with Taobao but most of the sellers only sell to China on there... or at least that's what I can see with the translated site... and the fact things don't seem to go into the shopping cart.

They would want to sell to local mainland China mostly

And they are also willing to sell to Hong Kong and Macau

As for overseas, most of them are not willing to do so

To order stuff from Taobao you have to use this website called EngTaobao and from there they send you your item, it has great reviews, but the processing fee is too much for your stuff to get here. Honestly I'd rather wait until I see it on eBay or Aliexpress.

Also has anybody seen the decool GOTG wave?

Ordered the SY superman set with the weird legs. Does anyone know what colour the Sheng Yuan Bizarro torso is as I hate the older SY legs and was keen to replace them with proper lego legs matching the SY. I note on lego.wikia.com/wiki/Bizarro he has Purple hips and medium blue legs for the SDCC version. Anyone know if it is the same for the rip off? Nothing to be done about the superman movie minifigs. Black legs.

Finally got the Ultramn figures in. I'm happy with the quality for the price and especially the helmets and printing are both excellent.

15292274171_f00a268a07_c.jpg

This is the full set of Ultraman figures from the Jia Li Bo (JLB) toymaker in China. They are modeled after LEGO minifigures and are fully compatible with all minifigure parts.

The helmets are extremely nice sculpts, good paint job, and good molds. The printing on torso and legs are also very nice including the white-over-color which is surprisingly vivid for a brand like this. There were no issues with any of the joints and everything seems to be well constructed. Each figure came with the printed yellow plate tile as well (seen here in the backdrop).

The downside to the parts are the overall fitting of pieces to studs was not always excellent, the legs are hard to get on studs most of the time and don't sit perfectly flat. The seams on the arms and legs are very visible and overall the legs have a fairly brittle feel to them.

The QC of ultraman looks good.

Sorry to disappoint you but no, it's pretty bad. I even had the wrong figure parts in my ultra man zero sealed bag (the guy on the right and of course the one I actually wanted). The mould quality is poor although the printing is reasonably good.

Sod it... I ordered 3 of the Batman sets from Engtaobao. Cost me £9 for the three sets... even if shipping to the UK costs me £10 from Engtaobao I'll sell the figures from the other sets and the 2 that aren't SDCC from the third set and make my money back.

Hopefully they'll be quicker this way than waiting for AE or eBay.

Ordered the SY superman set with the weird legs. Does anyone know what colour the Sheng Yuan Bizarro torso is as I hate the older SY legs and was keen to replace them with proper lego legs matching the SY. I note on lego.wikia.com/wiki/Bizarro he has Purple hips and medium blue legs for the SDCC version. Anyone know if it is the same for the rip off? Nothing to be done about the superman movie minifigs. Black legs.

I replaced the arms and legs from the SY Bizarro with the Spider-Man (well, you know which version :grin: ), fits perfectly. Hips and Cape from the Old Magneto version (Wolverines Chopper showdown) and voila, Lego Bizarro.

@Robianco: You didn't accidently purchase a spare Zur En Arrh and 2011 SDCC Batman, didn't you :D :laugh: ?!

Edited by KCMatze

I replaced the arms and legs from the SY Bizarro with the Spider-Man (well, you know which version :grin: ), fits perfectly. Hips and Cape from the Old Magneto version (Wolverines Chopper showdown) and voila, Lego Bizarro.

@Robianco: You didn't accidently purchase a spare Zur En Arrh and 2011 SDCC Batman, didn't you :D :laugh: ?!

I accidentally order 2 spare! That's why I ordered the three sets... keep those 2 figures... then sell the other 10 figures! ;)

Yeah... same as KCMatze for me... purple hips and regular blue legs... also replace the arms and white hands while you're at it... add Magneto's cape and you're done. Don't forget Zod's legs and Supe's head and hair from the Metropolis Showdown set while it's cheap... grab a black cape and then use the Black Supes torso from the SY set and you've got the SDCC Black Suit Superman... they'll both look pretty spot on to the real thing.

Sorry to disappoint you but no, it's pretty bad. I even had the wrong figure parts in my ultra man zero sealed bag (the guy on the right and of course the one I actually wanted). The mould quality is poor although the printing is reasonably good.

I really think that it can vary from batch to batch and possibly reseller to reseller. I had no issue with any parts on mine and the mold quality was good as I mentioned in my mini review below the photo.

Sod it... I ordered 3 of the Batman sets from Engtaobao. Cost me £9 for the three sets... even if shipping to the UK costs me £10 from Engtaobao I'll sell the figures from the other sets and the 2 that aren't SDCC from the third set and make my money back.

Hopefully they'll be quicker this way than waiting for AE or eBay.

I really hope the SY SDCC mini-sets are available on eBay or Aliexpress by the time they arrive to you :sceptic::thumbup::classic:

I really hope the SY SDCC mini-sets are available on eBay or Aliexpress by the time they arrive to you :sceptic::thumbup::classic:

I don't!

I really think that it can vary from batch to batch

Yes, I agree. That means the QC is pretty bad, because it supposed to ensure consistency

:classic:

I don't! ������

Almost every bootleg sellers has those sets now at Taobao.

For Aliexpress it s just a question of days ヽ(○´w`○)ノ

TB1uhsiGXXXXXa6XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Edited by Sebiron

The price of one set of those on AE are a touch less than I paid for three sets.

Has anyone seen one of those Silver Surfer figures? It should be a very simple print so fingers crossed even if the rest of the figures are iffy there's hope that would me ok.