KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Was thinking about getting the hulk buster from Aliexpress. Anyone used this? It loooks dodgy - you need to give them your visa details. Lol - bottpeg pirate stuff is dodgy. Maybe this is karma.

I ordered one from AliExpress. I have not gotten it yet but I have ordered things in the past and had no issues.

I also just got my SY SWAT team which was cool but even SY has quality control issues from time to time:

15145262475_24bef02e99_z_d.jpg

The Ebay seller is sending a new one.

Was thinking about getting the hulk buster from Aliexpress. Anyone used this? It loooks dodgy - you need to give them your visa details. Lol - bottpeg pirate stuff is dodgy. Maybe this is karma.

I've used it for around 6 or 7 orders. I used a credit card that is due to expire and that I very rarely use... Just to be sure.

All orders have arrived in good time and in good condition... I don't think AliExpress is a dodgy site... It's a sub-site of Alibaba which is just a large, sourcing site for any kind of product.

The issues people have had with it (and probably where any kind of dodgy feedback comes from) is people buying things really cheap then complaining that it's not the finest product they've ever received... with these figures you know what you're getting so you face the fact that there might be the occasional quality control issue with print etc.

Just use a seller that's got a good feedback rating is it makes you feel any easier about ordering.

Alibaba is going for a US stock market listing this month. It is one of the largest Internet companies in the world and it is reputable. This does not mean all the sellers are though.

I also just got my SY SWAT team

That mic accessory is really sweet. I wish LEGO would make one instead of always painting it on...maybe some day.

Is it possible to order just the accessories for this figure?

How long do Decool sets usually stay 'on the shelf'? I'm planning on buying the Punisher set but I won't have enough until november

How long do Decool sets usually stay 'on the shelf'? I'm planning on buying the Punisher set but I won't have enough until november

I'm not sure but the sets that were released almost a year ago are still floating round... I think they're produced in such large quantities there's plenty of them left! You should be fine for the Punisher set for a good 6 months if not more!

And this is my 666th post... :)

Edited by Robianco

The older sets get a little harder to find. I haven't seen a reasonably priced superman bizarro set. Just ordered the decool shazam dr doom flash set and it was a bit more. About $2 a figure. It's getting a little scarcer and is more than other sets. I think the pricing is a little high at the start (rh the hulk buster) until the market is flooded / the item is distributed. Then prices drop. Then as the vendors sell out prices rise. Then they're out and prices are ridiculous.

This is only my 76th post. Rob sounds right - punisher will be around for a while I reckon. Get your shazams now though.

Thanks for the advice on aliexpress. Will probably hold out till prices on the hulk buster get realistic on eBay as Aliexpress is higher than eBay auctions and buy it nows. Wish Sheng Yuan would do a villains pack to create armies of bad guys. I find that one hero vs a single soldior is unrealistic - as far as comics go. ;) looks like these companies are going after movie tie ins to maximise profits. Hence guardians sets.

I ordered one from AliExpress. I have not gotten it yet but I have ordered things in the past and had no issues.

I also just got my SY SWAT team which was cool but even SY has quality control issues from time to time:

The Ebay seller is sending a new one.

I had this issue before. Glad that your seller is willing to return a new one.

Edited by wilson3a10

The set I've seen almost completely gone off eBay and not at a reasonable price anymore is the Lele Spiderman set with Scarlet Spider, and he's the only decent figure in that set but that set last time I checked on eBay was $20.

This is only my 76th post. Rob sounds right - punisher will be around for a while I reckon. Get your shazams now though.

Ha... my comment was about my wife being freaked out by anything with 666 related to it! ;)

Although this is my 667th... so the number will be gone from below my name now...

The older sets get a little harder to find. I haven't seen a reasonably priced superman bizarro set. Just ordered the decool shazam dr doom flash set and it was a bit more. About $2 a figure. It's getting a little scarcer and is more than other sets. I think the pricing is a little high at the start (rh the hulk buster) until the market is flooded / the item is distributed. Then prices drop. Then as the vendors sell out prices rise. Then they're out and prices are ridiculous.

Thanks for the advice on aliexpress. Will probably hold out till prices on the hulk buster get realistic on eBay as Aliexpress is higher than eBay auctions and buy it nows. Wish Sheng Yuan would do a villains pack to create armies of bad guys. I find that one hero vs a single soldior is unrealistic - as far as comics go. ;) looks like these companies are going after movie tie ins to maximise profits. Hence guardians sets.

Bizarro Superman set is still around just got mine which I ordered for 7usd shipped off AE and on the subject of AE I had my doubts too but got a good majority of my orders this week in good time, in fact I'm having issues with orders off eBay, so a future foundation set did not turn up and still waiting for mark1 iron man set which I bought before the AE stuff that I already received

Few tidbits I'd like to add about the Punisher wave.

What I noticed and nobody brought up is that my Taskmaster figures cape....is actually thick now and not flimsy. It seems maybe that Decool started replicating what the capes are made of from Lego. The Punisher trench coat was flimsy, but one step at a time. Did anybody also get a Taskmaster from Decool with a thick cape and not the flimsy one?

Most of the older sets are available on AliExpress for a reasonable price. I found the SY Superman and Spider-man sets with no problem.

Just got the Sheng Yuan batgirl, riddler, joker and night wing. My son loves them. They make a good treat and the collector in me is happy to see him bashing them together as he fights in violent four year old fashion. Take that riddler!

Torsos are spot on in shape. Arms a little different in shape and joints are a bit easier to remove. Hips are ok but slightly off. Colours match lego mostly. Head is stuck in bat girls hair/cowl. Assembly needs to be spot on cause disassembly might not be possible. Overall it doesn't feel like lego. Lighter and brittler. But pretty good.

This blog sums it up nicely:

http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/lele-superheroes-figure-set-of-8.html?m=1

AE looks ok. I'll just stick to people with lots of sales and decent feedback I reckon. Thanks.

Overall it doesn't feel like lego. Lighter and brittler. But pretty good.

Thanks... I gave your "review" the once over, after reading what I've quoted in your post.

When CMFs came out... especially the first few series, I'm not sure if we've had similar complains about later series, there were a lot of complaints about the poor quality of the figures, one of which was they seemed to be more translucent than "normal" figures... IOW, it seemed like they may have been lacking pigment. I'm wondering how close these companies are to the people working for LEGO in China, since even the flaws seem to mimic the made in China LEGO flaws.

Thanks... I gave your "review" the once over, after reading what I've quoted in your post.

When CMFs came out... especially the first few series, I'm not sure if we've had similar complains about later series, there were a lot of complaints about the poor quality of the figures, one of which was they seemed to be more translucent than "normal" figures... IOW, it seemed like they may have been lacking pigment. I'm wondering how close these companies are to the people working for LEGO in China, since even the flaws seem to mimic the made in China LEGO flaws.

Yeah, I've seen some concern over Chinese made lego. Yet to experience it myself.

The plastic on the knockoffs feels a little different. It may be I'm projecting my own thoughts on it but the leg edges are a little sharper. It's really minor though. The Sheng Yuan are pretty decent for a bootleg. And you have to really look to spot the differences. Casual inspection you'd no know. But stiffer legs, minor angle issues on the legs, tight headwear. Meh.

I got an IQ Captain America figure and that was utterly terrible.

I'm a huge Deadpool collector and am looking for some help on the Deadpool minifig.

1. I know Decool and Sheng Yuan have produced their own versions. Is anyone aware of any other knock-offs out there?

2. I'm desperately looking for a boxed version of the Decool. Most sellers, including the ones on Alibaba only sell loose. Does anyone know of a reseller out there who sells boxed?

As much as I love bootlegs and knock-offs--I think they make neat and often unusual and colorful additions to a collection-- It is getting a little out of hand on Ebay. Just buying a loose minifig now takes scrutinizing of the listing, pictures, and seller's auctions to determine whether or not you're getting a Lego or boot. Anyone else experiencing this frustration?

1. I know Decool and Sheng Yuan have produced their own versions. Is anyone aware of any other knock-offs out there?

Bozhi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hulkbuster review :

Thailand? :laugh:

Edited by Sebiron

I've got Bozhi and Decool Deadpool figures along with the genuine TLG one.

I don't think Sheng Yuan have produced a Deadpool have they?

The Bozhi version is only in their clone of the Chopper Showdown set.