KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I'm trying to work out exactly what is available from Sheng Yuan. Here's what I've got so far:

SY101 - Chima

SY114 - Chima

SY115 - Chima

SY130 - Chima

SY131- Chima

SY132- Chima

SY136- Chima

SY137- Chima

SY150 - Friends

SY151 - Friends

SY161 - Superheroes (Black Widow; Iron Man; Falcon; Nick Fury; Thor; Hulk bigfig; Hawkeye; Captain America)

SY162 - World Cup

SY169 - Captain America

SY171 - Superheroes (Batgirl; Robin; Batman; Nightwing; Joker; Henchman; Penguin)

SY172 - Toy Story

SY173 - Ninjago

SY175 - Castle

SY176 - TMNT

SY177 - Spongebob

SY178 - Superheroes (Wonder Woman; Catwoman; Joker; Cyclops; Deadpool; Aquaman; Flash; Nick Fury)

SY179 - Iron Man various armours

SY180 - Superheroes (Spider-Man; Thor; Wolverine; Batman; Captain America; Hulk minifig; Superman; Iron Man)

SY181 - Superhero mini sets

SY182 - Batman in various colours

SY185 - Iron Man various armours

SY186 - Green Lantern and other Lanterns

SY187 - Superman and other variants

SY188 - Spider-Man and variants

SY189 - Superheroes mini vehicle sets

SY195 - Star Wars

SY196 - Star Wars mini sets

SY200 - Wematch cartoon things

Can anyone help fill any of the gaps?

Thanks so much for this list! I have collected the following since the beginning of the year ...

SY161

SY169

SY171

SY178

SY179

SY180

SY182

SY186

SY187

SY188 - in transit

SY195

IMG_5348.JPG

Edited by dirk

I'm wondering how you can part out the 3th party minifigurs compared to the original lego-minifigures?

Do they weigh less or something like that? Never had one in my hands

Depends on the company. Decool figs, for instance, have sharper shoulders and a different connection type between the upper torso and waist. Sheng Yuan seem to have rounder arms with different pegs. Sometimes there are color or detail differences (not necessarily better or worse depending on your preference).

Edited by itMFtis

nice collection dirk

I'm wondering how you can part out the 3th party minifigurs compared to the original lego-minifigures?

There are some subtle differences which people have explained in previous posts

In regards to weight I find the decool figures are a little lighter and 'thin' compared to TLC, SY is probably more accurate in feel and weight, more 'solid' in comparision and the legs have the same studs as opposed to decool that have thin pegs that slide into the body.

When you start mixing and matching LEGO parts with Decool / SY parts, that's when you will really appreciate the precision and quality of LEGO parts (IMO).

Every LEGO part fits seamlessly with one another (as everyone well knows) -- but 3rd party parts are really hit or miss -- sometimes they are loose, sometimes its a really tight fit. Hands and arms are the worst IMO, in the sense that there is the smallest margin for error there and they don't really fit that great many times.

7 Decool figures arrived at my door today, with another 12 on the way. I will be doing a Trademark Joker review of them compared to some officials, With full close ups, quality checks and feedback. Should help settle a few peoples minds.

Edited by The Joker1

Check out this comparison made by KingPixels: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1942959

Edited by KCMatze

Mark I looks awesome

I'm curious to see how that one turns out. I love the mask -- but I am still partial to my own Mark I build.

Perhaps I might mix / match some parts into my build.

At any rate, it gives us all a bunch of options which I absolutely love.

Eh seems just like a re release of some of Sheng Yuans release and decools previous releases. That Mark 1, I will surely be searching for and hopefully this will release soon enough so we can finally get the Punisher wave in September or late August

I hope the re releases mean they have fixed the mask moulding and printing. It really sucked on the previous series, which is a pity. The Decool gold colour is much closer to lego than the SY yellowish gold is, but SY has much better quality moulding and printing accuracy on the masks.

Nice find. Nowhere advertising them for sale yet though.

Yeah, don't tell my supplier! :)

btw, nice website -- bookmarked!

I hope the re releases mean they have fixed the mask moulding and printing. It really sucked on the previous series, which is a pity. The Decool gold colour is much closer to lego than the SY yellowish gold is, but SY has much better quality moulding and printing accuracy on the masks.

This is exactly why I am getting the whole set. I'm going to cherry pick the best parts even if they are dupes -- in fact precisely because of it.

Edited by agoodfella

Can see some sellers on eBay with this set, only interested in mark1 but prefer to wait for SY version.

Taking a closer look at red snapper just looks like hes holding onto 2 guns with normal arms, can anyone confirm?

Can see some sellers on eBay with this set, only interested in mark1 but prefer to wait for SY version.

Taking a closer look at red snapper just looks like hes holding onto 2 guns with normal arms, can anyone confirm?

Any links to these new Iron Man sets?

Try searching 'iron man building' on eBay you will see the auctions of the 9 boxes same as the pic above, around $15 BIN

Just found it. With shipping to the UK that's working out at £13 which is way too much for them. I'll hang fire until the regular sellers get them and the price comes down.