KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Ugh...two sellers for the Future Foundation set that don't ship to Germany. Boooo!!

I'm trying to work out exactly what is available from Sheng Yuan. Here's what I've got so far:

Can anyone help fill any of the gaps?

SY160 - Wrestling figs (WWE)

I'm trying to work out exactly what is available from Sheng Yuan. Here's what I've got so far:

SY101 - Chima

SY114 - Chima

SY115 - Chima

SY130 - Chima

SY131- Chima

SY132- Chima

SY136- Chima

SY137- Chima

SY150 - Friends

SY151 - Friends

SY161 - Superheroes (Black Widow; Iron Man; Falcon; Nick Fury; Thor; Hulk bigfig; Hawkeye; Captain America)

SY162 - World Cup

SY169 - Captain America

SY171 - Superheroes (Batgirl; Robin; Batman; Nightwing; Joker; Henchman; Penguin)

SY172 - Toy Story

SY173 - Ninjago

SY175 - Castle

SY176 - TMNT

SY177 - Spongebob

SY178 - Superheroes (Wonder Woman; Catwoman; Joker; Cyclops; Deadpool; Aquaman; Flash; Nick Fury)

SY179 - Iron Man various armours

SY180 - Superheroes (Spider-Man; Thor; Wolverine; Batman; Captain America; Hulk minifig; Superman; Iron Man)

SY181 - Superhero mini sets

SY182 - Batman in various colours

SY185 - Iron Man various armours

SY186 - Green Lantern and other Lanterns

SY187 - Superman and other variants

SY188 - Spider-Man and variants

SY189 - Superheroes mini vehicle sets

SY195 - Star Wars

SY196 - Star Wars mini sets

SY200 - Wematch cartoon things

Can anyone help fill any of the gaps?

I'm starting to do the same thing on my website, although I haven't added many (any?) SY figures yet. I'll probably have a big SY photo session on Sunday and update then.

Thanks - That is good advice. I already ordered mine (I don't live in Germany) but I saw someone else was looking for a seller that does ship to Germany.

So I got my Future Foundation set today. I have combined a few pieces here and there -- both LEGO and customs pieces from other makers.

14739468011_18313c90cf_b.jpg

Future Foundation v.1 [GROUP] [CUSTOM] [MOC] by agoodfella77, on Flickr

Build Details:

Most of the parts are from the latest Decool release (FF), namely:

- Human Torch (Head and Torso from CustomBricks, Flame Head from Infearno, legs from FF Decool)

- Thing (FF)

- Mister Fantastic (FF), Head is LEGO and Hair is a custom

- Invisible Woman (FF), Head and Hair are LEGO

- Spidey (FF), Head is from Sheng Yuan

People "diss" the Chinese makers products, and some of that criticism is deserved -- for instance, I understand when folks get upset when they do complete rip-offs of customizers work. Next, the quality can definitely be hit or miss.

Having said all of that, there are times when it fills a void / niche with designs not on the market such as these Future Foundations figs (Odin is another example). The SDCC replicas are another good example of supplying much needed demand.

On balance, all of the figs I received this round are very solid. Printing is quite good. I think Decool's quality is improving with each release.

Finally, you can't argue with the price. My entire original Decool Future Foundation (including the big FF Thing) set was roughly $12 bucks (not including Human Torch and my original LEGO parts / custom parts).

Edited by agoodfella

That infearno headpiece is a serious must have for human torch. Anybody seen the SY lab set or the X jet set for sale yet?

That infearno headpiece is a serious must have for human torch. Anybody seen the SY lab set or the X jet set for sale yet?

I thought it wasnt allowed to talk about bootleg sets overhere anymore. We can only discuss the figs i believe.

I thought it wasnt allowed to talk about bootleg sets overhere anymore. We can only discuss the figs i believe.

Oh nevermind then.

I think once someone takes the plunge... That's assuming they do... And picks up those sets then I think it will be worth opening. I plan on picking up the official X Jet soon... I think any discussion needs to have a comparison rather than just a 'look at this' type of thing.

Is that an "official" rule? Can someone confirm or clarify?

I'll have to warn you people: if this thread turns from discussing minifigs and comparing them to customs toward a third party sets discussion, I'll have to move it to Community or close it.

Maybe it would be better to keep the minifigs here and open a new one for the sets themselves (and bricks quality) in Community? :wink:

Confirmed

Can someone make a thread to discuss the Decool and Sheng Yuan counterfeit sets?

Is there a thread that does discuss custom third party sets?

Wondering the same thing.

Can someone make a thread to discuss the Decool and Sheng Yuan counterfeit sets?

+1

I fully support this idea. Let's face it, it's a very popular topic and people want to discuss it, there might as well make a proper thread to have a discussion about it.

Edited by agoodfella

Any of you can open a dedicated topic in the Community section of the EB forums. No need to keep asking for one here.

Yeah, I managed to get a Future Foundation set for only 4$, shipping included, that is good news for me!

Does anyone have suggestions for head replacements for Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman and Johnny Storm (flame-off-mode)?

I went through bricklink but you all know there are 1 billion heads :laugh:

Thanks! Mr. Fantastic and Susan are great! Think I might like a closed mouth for Johnny better... but this is also on my wanted list now :-P

The smile just seemed the right kind of 'cocky' that Johnny Storm seems to me. I'm always happy to replace it with something better if you find it though! ;)

Thanks! Mr. Fantastic and Susan are great! Think I might like a closed mouth for Johnny better... but this is also on my wanted list now :-P

I used the bank guard from the DC sets, looks like the game.