KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

That's what I did... That black Supes torso is pretty good... Just add an official head and hair with Zod's legs and you're done. Same with changing Bizarro's legs and maybe dropping on some Lego hair. The capes could do with replacing too.

After I replaced Bizzarro as follows, it now looks pretty much like the real one:

Legs and arms (as they are pointed): from a Spidey figure (we all have tons of them right :wink: )

Hips and Cape: from the original Magneto

Hair: genuine LEGO black piece.

You can hardly tell the difference now, awesome :)

It tells me they should do the other exclusives, too :blush:

On SY news I managed to find the Iron man lab set I think we were expecting, obviously this price is marked up since it comes with more figures and it makes sense why Decool released another Iron man wave now http://www.ebay.com/...&_qi=RTM1562569 and here is another also by SY http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Package-shipping-SY304-Iron-man-Upgraded-version-Assembled-building-blocks-DIY-toys-for-children-free-shipping/1986340493.html

They look pretty good, but I'll wait till they're a little cheaper.

I have a contact that said the new SY sets featuring Iron Man are not pretty solid, the pieces are either loose or too tight. Maybe with glue it can be ok. The most solid bootleg set I saw until now is Bozhi's Batman/Freeze set.

Maybe the SY sets' issues only concerns the very first packs produced. I hope we gonna get the instruction leaked soon, so we can see if it would be better to buy pieces on LEGO Shop then build it or buying those stuff.

On SY news I managed to find the Iron man lab set I think we were expecting, obviously this price is marked up since it comes with more figures and it makes sense why Decool released another Iron man wave now http://www.ebay.com/...&_qi=RTM1562569 and here is another also by SY http://www.aliexpres...1986340493.html

Other than the lab itself nothing new here, already have decool versions of those iron men, come on SY/decool start bringing out some new characters already :hmpf_bad:

Wow, thanks for the quick response :thumbup: . I think i'll leave that set for now then. Cheers

Hey welcome aboard the bootleg express. I've seen actual pictures of that superman set and the feet are definitely rounded.

On another note its good to see TLM strategy to combat clone brands in the correct fashion, suffice to say the days of my decool Christo style Joker, Green Lantern figures and possibly others are limited :devil:

Hey welcome aboard the bootleg express. I've seen actual pictures of that superman set and the feet are definitely rounded.

On another note its good to see TLM strategy to combat clone brands in the correct fashion, suffice to say the days of my decool Christo style Joker, Green Lantern figures and possibly others are limited :devil:

What is their strategy to combat the Clone Brands in china?

What is their strategy to combat the Clone Brands in china?

I'm not saying its intentional but if TLM continues to release the figures AFOLs want in more accessible sets then its unlikely we need to rely on the bootleg versions as much and I'm just highlighting that point with the recent superheroes sets announced

I'm not saying its intentional but if TLM continues to release the figures AFOLs want in more accessible sets then its unlikely we need to rely on the bootleg versions as much and I'm just highlighting that point with the recent superheroes sets announced

oh thank you, you scared me for a second I thought you meant that Lego was going to ban the import of Decool or SY.

oh thank you, you scared me for a second I thought you meant that Lego was going to ban the import of Decool or SY.

I'm not sure exactly how they can do that as most people who order these simply receive them in a padded envelope which probably just has 'toy' on the customs label.

I can't remember ever seeing anything marked with Decool or Sheng Yuan. It's not like were able to walk into a retailer here and pick it up from the shelf.

There is a much cheaper option for the Future Foundation on ebay. $7.58 and free worldwide shipping.

Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, APO/FPO, Southeast Asia, China, Russian Federation, Puerto Rico, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Austria, Germany, Italy, Norway, United Kingdom, Argentina

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lots-of-4-Sets-Super-Heroes-Minifigures-Building-Toys-Spider-Man-Blocks-Toy-/131250636956?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item1e8f25c89c

Doh - Here is one for 7.28.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lots-of-4-Sets-Super-Heroes-Minifigures-Mrfantastic-HumanTorch-Blocks-Toy-/380958584679

Each day I see the future foundation set cheaper, I cry a little. The shipping was good though it only took 10 days from Hong Kong to US.

I see SY305 is the Iron Man Lab rather than the 2 platforms that are on AliExpress (SY303 & SY304)... Sheng Yuan have also cloned the X-Jet... SY308.

They've also cloned a couple of older Bat Vehicles too.

I see SY305 is the Iron Man Lab rather than the 2 platforms that are on AliExpress (SY303 & SY304)... Sheng Yuan have also cloned the X-Jet... SY308.

They've also cloned a couple of older Bat Vehicles too.

links? I'm interested in that X-jet if it comes with a sentinel since I'm planning to army build them.

All I want is for them to make the harry potter bootlegs .... Preferably decool, because over the past hear that I have been buying these I see decool making the best figures, lele is terrible and sheng yuan makes ok ones with slip ups.

All I want is for them to make the harry potter bootlegs .... Preferably decool, because over the past hear that I have been buying these I see decool making the best figures, lele is terrible and sheng yuan makes ok ones with slip ups.

I'd have said it was the other way round... except for the earlier figures with the rounded toes Sheng Yuan have been far more accurate that Decool who have always been prone to quality control issues and sometimes iffy printing.

I'd take a SY range over a Decool range anytime.

That said... I can't see either of then picking up a range that's long retired... as much as I'd love some new HP figures I have all of the released ones and I can't see why they'd for them.

links? I'm interested in that X-jet if it comes with a sentinel since I'm planning to army build them.

It was from the booklet that Digger318 got in the SY304 set that showed the other sets in the range. I'll try and post a link to the image.

Yeah me too, hopefully with a ravenclaw or hufflepuff uniform, especially if they are now getting designs from the game (such as the ff set).

I still need to see someone do a review on those bricks if they're decent quality.

Is that icebatmanvehicle shooting pizza's??

If that xmen set is really cheap, then its a great way to get more sentinels. How about those bricks? They any good?

I think those iron man sets look pretty funny.

I hope that sy comes with an interesting wave soon. As i havent order sy figs yet. The only one that still has my attention is carnage but i dont have any need for those other spidermen in that set since i dont really like their designs

I'll have to warn you people: if this thread turns from discussing minifigs and comparing them to customs toward a third party sets discussion, I'll have to move it to Community or close it.

Maybe it would be better to keep the minifigs here and open a new one for the sets themselves (and bricks quality) in Community? :wink:

Understood. I was originally interested in whether there were any new Iron Man variants in there but I can see where actual sets would muddy the waters on this thread.

I think opening a separate thread would be best although I think that should only be for a comparison on the quality of the bricks.

Edited by Robianco

Well it looks like my wish of getting a bootleg wolverine from the X jet set has been answered.

I'm trying to work out exactly what is available from Sheng Yuan. Here's what I've got so far:

SY101 - Chima

SY114 - Chima

SY115 - Chima

SY130 - Chima

SY131- Chima

SY132- Chima

SY136- Chima

SY137- Chima

SY150 - Friends

SY151 - Friends

SY161 - Superheroes (Black Widow; Iron Man; Falcon; Nick Fury; Thor; Hulk bigfig; Hawkeye; Captain America)

SY162 - World Cup

SY169 - Captain America

SY171 - Superheroes (Batgirl; Robin; Batman; Nightwing; Joker; Henchman; Penguin)

SY172 - Toy Story

SY173 - Ninjago

SY175 - Castle

SY176 - TMNT

SY177 - Spongebob

SY178 - Superheroes (Wonder Woman; Catwoman; Joker; Cyclops; Deadpool; Aquaman; Flash; Nick Fury)

SY179 - Iron Man various armours

SY180 - Superheroes (Spider-Man; Thor; Wolverine; Batman; Captain America; Hulk minifig; Superman; Iron Man)

SY181 - Superhero mini sets

SY182 - Batman in various colours

SY185 - Iron Man various armours

SY186 - Green Lantern and other Lanterns

SY187 - Superman and other variants

SY188 - Spider-Man and variants

SY189 - Superheroes mini vehicle sets

SY195 - Star Wars

SY196 - Star Wars mini sets

SY200 - Wematch cartoon things

Can anyone help fill any of the gaps?