KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

You should go for that. Odin is awesome, Green Arrow is pretty good, too. The Batman Beyond design is a nice change and Phoenix is also a must have. Venom and Cyclops are horrible (well, mine have been). New Wolverine design is also pretty welcome for me.

So all in all: Yes :D

My Future Foundation set finally arrived, the Spiderman is a really nice variant and way better than the SY in terms of design. The left arm came a bit loose on my Human torch :sceptic:

I don't understand why the other 3 figures from SDCC 2013 were replicated except Spider-woman it's baffling alongside with 2011 Batman and 2012 Spiderman (Yes I know it's a Venom Torso with only a different head). I'm still curious to know what the wave after the Punisher wave will look like for Decool. Let's place our bets now.

I want a exclusives wave. Spider-Woman, Symbiote Spider-Man, Collector, Black Superman, Bizarro, maybe a Bard? Unfortunately only Lele makes Hobbit sets and theirs are very bad. Of course SDCC Batman too I just want the others first cause I have him but I understand the want, he's awesome. Maybe an X-Men set with some ripped-off customs? :grin: I'd also like the Hulkbuster to be released.

I want a exclusives wave. Spider-Woman, Symbiote Spider-Man, Collector, Black Superman, Bizarro, maybe a Bard? Unfortunately only Lele makes Hobbit sets and theirs are very bad. Of course SDCC Batman too I just want the others first cause I have him but I understand the want, he's awesome. Maybe an X-Men set with some ripped-off customs? :grin: I'd also like the Hulkbuster to be released.

SY has already made Black suit superman and Bizarro. SY made a superman wave that also came with a Cyborg superman and a Jorel figure. An exclusives wave is way too much heat to the point where Lego would probably ban the products from entering customs in a worst case scenario. The wave after the punisher wave I really want some Guardians of the Galaxy figures and another wolverine with the mask. Collector and Rocket Raccoon we have to wait a while until we can find someone who actually owns the figures and has high resolution photos online that Decool and SY can work with. I'm betting SDCC Spider woman will be the next SDCC figure replicated, they're just waiting for a wave to put it in. Edited by Kire

Does Sheng Yuan generally do con exclusives? I don't think they've done any except Cap and Iron Man.

Nice wrestler pics Kid, looking forward to getting my set. The one thing that does irks me about SY is the pumped up arms, reminds me to much of kubrick figures. Other than the sharp shoulders to me Decool is the more Lego accurate clone on the market,

Does Sheng Yuan generally do con exclusives? I don't think they've done any except Cap and Iron Man.

They've done the NYTF exclusives, Amazing spiderman 2, Bizarro and Black suit superman. That's it I believe.

I just bought 20 of them for $16. I will review them when they get in. I've collected Lego for 35 years. I guess you could say I've been a supporter of TLG my whole life. Simple fact of the matter is: They should do single figure packs or sets of 4. They have video games and cartoons built around the figures. The kids, the collectors, the fans...want the figures. If the quality is comparable, I'll be buying more. I simply HAD to have the Heath Ledger Joker, though.

I just bought 20 of them for $16. I will review them when they get in. I've collected Lego for 35 years. I guess you could say I've been a supporter of TLG my whole life. Simple fact of the matter is: They should do single figure packs or sets of 4. They have video games and cartoons built around the figures. The kids, the collectors, the fans...want the figures. If the quality is comparable, I'll be buying more. I simply HAD to have the Heath Ledger Joker, though.

The general consensus around here is people are picking up figures that are not being made by TLG or rare exclusives that cost a leg and arm to get in the resale market. Also I have been getting superheroes for my 6yo, to him quality is obviously not an issue as long as the figure looks faithful and picking up a set of 8 for $10 beats paying $10/fig for a TLG version which is going to get bashed and lost anyways.

Guess what I am trying to say is that getting these clones is not a crime or unethical, I for one will still pickup official sets/figs wherever I can, for example I plan to get the UCS Tumbler both for the vehicle and the Joker even though I got the Decool version Joker.

The general consensus around here is people are picking up figures that are not being made by TLG or rare exclusives that cost a leg and arm to get in the resale market. Also I have been getting superheroes for my 6yo, to him quality is obviously not an issue as long as the figure looks faithful and picking up a set of 8 for $10 beats paying $10/fig for a TLG version which is going to get bashed and lost anyways.

Guess what I am trying to say is that getting these clones is not a crime or unethical, I for one will still pickup official sets/figs wherever I can, for example I plan to get the UCS Tumbler both for the vehicle and the Joker even though I got the Decool version Joker.

I do the same. I let my nephews and nieces play with the Decool and SY figures and I display the authentic figures. Nobody i believe knows the difference between Decool and Lego despite myself. Though I do worry that there could be some toxic paint from time to time.

Though I do worry that there could be some toxic paint from time to time.

I've wondered about potential health risks. Apprarently it's not just obvious paint, but the dye in the plastic that can contain lead. Hard to tell what the real issue is and how much of the hysteria is just the Western toy industry trying to protect itself. I wouldn't give these to a young kid who may suck/eat them just in case but otherwise? China has a pretty large population, when by rights all the kids ought to have died from lead poisioning if our press is to be believed.

I'd love someone to test some of these figures though.

I do the same. I let my nephews and nieces play with the Decool and SY figures and I display the authentic figures. Nobody i believe knows the difference between Decool and Lego despite myself. Though I do worry that there could be some toxic paint from time to time.

I looked back at the description from the seller I normally buy from and does have this

4.material:ABS plastic/non-toxic, Its safety includes European and American toy safety standard and GB standard.

I looked back at the description from the seller I normally buy from and does have this

4.material:ABS plastic/non-toxic, Its safety includes European and American toy safety standard and GB standard.

Okay well that's helpful and I have to worry less now.

I'm not sure I would believe a Chinese product description. It was probably copied from a Lego box :classic:

On SY news I managed to find the Iron man lab set I think we were expecting, obviously this price is marked up since it comes with more figures and it makes sense why Decool released another Iron man wave now http://www.ebay.com/...&_qi=RTM1562569 and here is another also by SY http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Package-shipping-SY304-Iron-man-Upgraded-version-Assembled-building-blocks-DIY-toys-for-children-free-shipping/1986340493.html

Edited by Kire

Lab set looks pretty nice! I would be interested in the instructions for that at least... The other figures do not bother me, as I own an original Iron Patriot and Warmachine & the Mk. 41. Mk. 40 is one I do not have... hummm...

The second set I posted looks really nice but it's a bit too pricey. I need to see how the brick quality is first and hopefully Digger318 will review it soon, still no sign of the other Decool Iron man figures, Tony Stark, Mk 1, and the Stealth suit. I don't think Decool has released the wave just yet and these are still from the previous Iron man waves.

I've bought loads of these over the last few months so that my son can play with them without throwing me into a state of panic. I actually considered the health risks and apart from the usual choking hazard I decided that they would be fine. I grew up in the 70's when nobody cared what was in plastic toys and that doesn't seem to have caused any adverse effects on me :sick: .

Although I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality, I would say that they're probably better displayed than played. I've found that arms pop-off fairly easily on both Sheng Yuen and Decool figs, hands seem to drop off on some figs and the print on my sons Iron Man wore off in a matter of days leaving only some gold highlights. The beauty of them is that they are so easily and cheaply replaced, the fact that he lost the Hulk's hair within two days and that I don't care about that, is very liberating for both of us.

But I digress, I was posting to ask a question... I've been looking at the Sheng Yuen Superman series (Superman, Man of Steel, Clark Kent, Black Suit Superman, Zod, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Jor-El) can anybody confirm what the legs are like on that set please? The box art seems to show 'normal' Lego style legs but the only images of actual figs I've managed to find show the legs with the tapered feet.

I've bought loads of these over the last few months so that my son can play with them without throwing me into a state of panic. I actually considered the health risks and apart from the usual choking hazard I decided that they would be fine. I grew up in the 70's when nobody cared what was in plastic toys and that doesn't seem to have caused any adverse effects on me :sick: .

Although I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality, I would say that they're probably better displayed than played. I've found that arms pop-off fairly easily on both Sheng Yuen and Decool figs, hands seem to drop off on some figs and the print on my sons Iron Man wore off in a matter of days leaving only some gold highlights. The beauty of them is that they are so easily and cheaply replaced, the fact that he lost the Hulk's hair within two days and that I don't care about that, is very liberating for both of us.

But I digress, I was posting to ask a question... I've been looking at the Sheng Yuen Superman series (Superman, Man of Steel, Clark Kent, Black Suit Superman, Zod, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Jor-El) can anybody confirm what the legs are like on that set please? The box art seems to show 'normal' Lego style legs but the only images of actual figs I've managed to find show the legs with the tapered feet.

The feet on those figures are rounded and not normal like Lego style legs.

Wow, thanks for the quick response :thumbup: . I think i'll leave that set for now then. Cheers

Wow, thanks for the quick response :thumbup: . I think i'll leave that set for now then. Cheers

Just replace the bizarro figure with purple hips and blue legs and that's it. Also for black suit superman get the legs from tor-an or General Zod.

The eBay seller is the same guy who had the Future Foundation figures first.

The AliExpress seller has both of the sets in stock for £10.29 each... which is less than the eBay guy.

They look quite interesting although I'm not sure which suits are included... they don't look particularly unique.

Let's wait and see what Decool do.

Just replace the bizarro figure with purple hips and blue legs and that's it. Also for black suit superman get the legs from tor-an or General Zod.

That's good advice especially as I'm not interested in the MoS figs, and the rest of them should be easier to swap out. Think I'll jump after all, cheers.

Edited by Praiter Yed

That's good advice especially as I'm not interested in the MoS figs, and the rest of them should be easier to swap out. Think I'll jump after all, cheers.

Or actually just buy an extra real MoS Superman because the hair piece and cape and arms and legs and head are all different from real lego. For bizarro id recommend getting a real black hairpiece and purple cape, since the SY capes are all flimsy. The is the best part of SY is the torsos.

Btw, Jor-El is pretty far off from the real one.