KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I was poking around on aliexpress and found this: http://www.aliexpres...1924908300.html Not Decool or SY but...interesting. Three different Wolverines, Electric Batman, Arctic Batman, and Gold Batman. Oookay then.

Also found the new TMNT set! Yay!

http://www.aliexpres...1945438258.html

I reeeeeally need to make another order now... :tongue:

If you value some sort of quality in the figures I wouldn't be touching any brand outside of SY or Decool

I'm a huge WWE fan (I know, lame) and i found these on that Aliexpress site! http://www.aliexpres...1960772303.html

I wish they were Decool, because I think they look better, but I'm seriously tempted to buy these.

Just ordered that set, like KingPixel said SY is overall better than Decool as long as they don't have the round feet, The Ray Mysterio figure really sold it for me, I'll post some pics when I get it in

Here you go guys, as promised:

14526946528_07b07b52c2_n.jpg14710421191_e67bf9d300_n.jpg

Decool Future Foundation. Spiderman was not in the 4 when I was a lad. I've never seen this costume but spidey looks good. Invisible woman looks good, much better face (as in, more Jessica Alba-like) than the blue version. Mr Fantastic still has a stupid face (someone at Decool has it in for Ioan Gruffud), Torch looks good.

14527154027_b065811329_n.jpg

Torches. Infearno head is not packaged with the set.

14710421491_89c102f0e4_n.jpg14713593425_1010a3ede4_n.jpg

Decool Fantastic 4 set. Horrible faces and the Thing design just doesn't work for me. Good torsos though. Susan Storm's upper torso physiology is quite different in this costume. Richard Reed's hair is printed, it is not the Count Dooku hair shown in earlier range cards though.

14710422011_2c579be9bb_n.jpg14690603836_07b2aee51d_n.jpg

Decool Shazam on the left, Lego on the right. Head print is bad, torso plastic surface and print is bad. Legs a bit floppy. Not a lot to like here. 4.5/10.

14526943119_2f80556d05.jpg

Decool latest range card. From this you can see why we can't really specify the iron man set much. I guess they haven't decided the body print yet. I was quite disappointed in my Decool first iron man set (110-115, the iron patriot set) head mould quality and torso and head printing, hope it's better this time.

Edited by robuko

Human torch looks good with the infearno head piece, I think digger318 expected way too much for the human torch he's okay, but not terrible. Does anybody know what sets SY has been working on Superhero wise? The last thing we got was the avenger assemble set and nothing lately,

If that info card is anything to go by is that the Punisher is not coming out anytime soon, other than the Mark 1 I have enough Iron Mans and variations already, lets see some new characters :thumbdown:

If that info card is anything to go by is that the Punisher is not coming out anytime soon, other than the Mark 1 I have enough Iron Mans and variations already, lets see some new characters :thumbdown:

Probably mid or late August :sceptic: I want them to hurry up and move on to Guardians of the Galaxy and the X-men Blackbird set, I need another wolverine mask to paint. I need that SDCC exclusive Collector and Rocket Raccoon replicated already!

I would really like to see these companies do a few more "original" or minor characters, like a Green Arrow set with Felicity, Diggle, Sarah, Malcolm, Deadshot, Roy, Slade or a Spiderman with Gwen Stacey, Uncle Ben, Aunt May and the lizard, or a MAOS set. Very happy with my Decool Christo Joker and $198 rather than the UCS tumbler.

I can't believe Lego has ripped off Decool's Heath Ledger Joker design. ;-)

(I can't seem to get my emoticons to work).

Edited by jondesouza

Here you go guys, as promised:

14526946528_07b07b52c2_n.jpg14710421191_e67bf9d300_n.jpg

Decool Future Foundation. Spiderman was not in the 4 when I was a lad. I've never seen this costume but spidey looks good. Invisible woman looks good, much better face (as in, more Jessica Alba-like) than the blue version. Mr Fantastic still has a stupid face (someone at Decool has it in for Ioan Gruffud), Torch looks good.

14527154027_b065811329_n.jpg

Torches. Infearno head is not packaged with the set.

What set does that inferno head come in?

The Infearno interception which is an ultra agents $30 set. It's an excellent set.

It does come in the new Ultra Agents set 70162! (EDIT: Beat me to that!! :wink: )

Thank you for the pics robuko! Any chance for a link to a bigger (higher resolution) photo of the Shazam comparison?

Edited by KCMatze

Probably mid or late August :sceptic: I want them to hurry up and move on to Guardians of the Galaxy and the X-men Blackbird set, I need another wolverine mask to paint. I need that SDCC exclusive Collector and Rocket Raccoon replicated already!

I'm sure those will be looked at very soon! As long as they give us a decent Spiderwoman too!

I'm surprised neither Decool or Sheng Yuan have looked at the SDCC Batman... I can maybe see Sheng Yuan copying the new figures from the Tumbler though.

I'm sure those will be looked at very soon! As long as they give us a decent Spiderwoman too!

I'm surprised neither Decool or Sheng Yuan have looked at the SDCC Batman... I can maybe see Sheng Yuan copying the new figures from the Tumbler though.

I don't understand why the other 3 figures from SDCC 2013 were replicated except Spider-woman it's baffling alongside with 2011 Batman and 2012 Spiderman (Yes I know it's a Venom Torso with only a different head). I'm still curious to know what the wave after the Punisher wave will look like for Decool. Let's place our bets now.

Well looking at how accurate the graphics were for the front and back of Green Arrow I'm going to guess that they didn't have a Spiderwoman figure as reference.

Once I saw Robuko's post with the actual figures I assumed they'd had those figures to start with... Other customisers I know didn't have the same back print...

Not that just throwing a guessed back print on there wouldn't be the kind of thing they'd do but it just may not have been on their radar.

i kinda assumed that the Bootleggers just used photographs to make there figures rather than have hard figures for reference.

Someone asked for pics of the WWE wrestlers:

14530828659_3b6dc75c0d.jpg

14694481536_d878048a5b.jpg

14694480606_ab0d824ff6.jpg

14737344853_7e9c288416.jpg

I used one of the bodies for Wolverine:

14530800300_377a32d3e7.jpg

Nice use of that torso for Wolverine. I wish the wrestler figures had arm printing for muscles.

Good idea using the shirtless torso for Wolverine, although I picture him more hairy...

Those figures look decent. I don't think I'd need any of them, but they do offer some variety in heads/torsos.

I got them on ebay for about 6 bucks. I figure I will use the pieces.

I've been tempted to pick that set up just for that very mod.

There are a couple of other torsos that are quite usable too.

I am wondering if I should buy this set:http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-pcs-Venom-Wolverine-Green-Arrow-Thor-Superhero-Building-Blocks-Toy-miniFigure-/291167573991?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item43caf097e7 Should. I buy another one or is the quality good?