KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Now that the new FF set is out I'll probably order some more bootlegs. The new set, the Thing bigfig set, the Hulk bigfig set, maybe the Green Arrow/Odin/Winter Soldier set. Would pick up the Iron Man sets but I'm going to wait until the new set is shown.

I don't know why Decool doesn't just fix the problems with their moulds. If they had moulds as good as Sheng Yuan I'd buy them.

It is probably cheaper for them to do it that way, less material maybe but anyways i don't see the issue, by the time you clip all the pieces together you cant physically see the difference between decool and lego and if its that big of an issue you can always swap the legs for official but only makes sense if its non-printed legs of course

Are you talking about the Leg molds, surprisingly the two pegs on the legs actually hold pretty well.

I've made a little graphic to show the inaccuracies between LEGO and bootleg brands. Sheng Yuan's I don't mind because you can swap out the arms, and the legs aren't an issue since they fixed their moulds. Decool's moulds are a problem because you can't just switch out the torso for a LEGO one.

G1u9UQA.png

Edited by KingPixels

Nice comparisons, really good for people that did not notice yet :thumbup:

Maybe I get it wrong, or did you switch the text on the LEGO / SY side? In my opinion the SY arms are wider (pointed shoulders) and SY has the rounded toes.

Plus maybe you could add the fact, that the hands on both bootlegs are horrible, the space to clip in things is mostly very narrow and the plastic itself is a bit thicker.

The shape isn't too accurate, too, but that's a VERY small detail.

I actually did NOT notice the hip thingy until now. THANK YOU :devil: Just kidding, of course!

Edited by KCMatze

Hi

I been a huge LEGO fan, and recently I felt the "urge" to get the SDCC exclusives minifigures, and I'm in no position to pay $200 USD for each one, sooo I decided to buy some Bootlegs and after reading some posts about the differences between the SY and the Decools (wich I know I can order from Aliexpress) I wanna try both

So I wanted to ask for a link to the SY ones

Thanks and best regards

Edited by Carlos S

Huh I didn't see the torso and hip differences, I knew about the Decool arms, being looser. From the Sheng Yuan sets, I've noticed that the arms have always been a bit fatter which is noticeable and I've had to switch them out.

Nice comparisons, really good for people that did not notice yet :thumbup:

Maybe I get it wrong, or did you switch the text on the LEGO / SY side? In my opinion the SY arms are wider (pointed shoulders) and SY has the rounded toes.

Plus maybe you could add the fact, that the hands on both bootlegs are horrible, the space to clip in things is mostly very narrow and the plastic itself is a bit thicker.

The shape isn't too accurate, too, but that's a VERY small detail.

I actually did NOT notice the hip thingy until now. THANK YOU :devil: Just kidding, of course!

Whoops! You're totally right. I've updated the post with a fixed version.

I've never had so much of an issue with the hands, since they generally work alright with the arms they came with. Sometimes they are a bit loose though.

Edited by KingPixels

I wouldn't necessary say 'older' sy sets, the recent spidey set has rounded feet even though box art shows square

I wouldn't necessary say 'older' sy sets, the recent spidey set has rounded feet even though box art shows square

They fixed the issue though, the Captain America set and the Avengers set had regular feet. All new SY releases will have regular feet.

They fixed the issue though, the Captain America set and the Avengers set had regular feet. All new SY releases will have regular feet.

Lets just say I wouldn't be too confident going into a SY purchase with that assumption, the point is it pays to check IE actual photos of the figures especially if the rounded feet is a deal breaker,

On a another note I've secured a FF set and for fun the SY wrestling set, looking forward to getting these for sure

Edited by Brickmamba

Lets just say I wouldn't be too confident going into a SY purchase with that assumption, the point is it pays to check IE actual photos of the figures especially if the rounded feet is a deal breaker,

On a another note I've secured a FF set and for fun the SY wrestling set, looking forward to getting these for sure

The rounded feet I always considered a deal breaker especially on the Spiderman and Superman set. The Spiderman set was good except for SDCC Spiderman and Carnage who had leg printing and made it difficult to to switch out their legs. The Superman set was really well made especially with Bizarro, Cyborg Superman and SDCC Superman. But the legs were a really huge issue for me even with Bizarro since authentic Lego purple pieces are pretty hard to find, I wouldn't mind if SY rereleased those sets with updated Legs.

The rounded feet I always considered a deal breaker especially on the Spiderman and Superman set. The Spiderman set was good except for SDCC Spiderman and Carnage who had leg printing and made it difficult to to switch out their legs. The Superman set was really well made especially with Bizarro, Cyborg Superman and SDCC Superman. But the legs were a really huge issue for me even with Bizarro since authentic Lego purple pieces are pretty hard to find, I wouldn't mind if SY rereleased those sets with updated Legs.

Ye I know exactly where you are coming from, in fact despite the rounded feet I still bought that spidey set given the uniqueness of most of the figures. Given most didn't have leg printing was able to swap over to official without trouble though carnage did have leg print so heres hoping lego will release some sort of red legs with black prints that i can swap over later. If you go a few pages back you can see pictures of my spideys I'm refering to

I bought a future foundation set last night, new in stock. On the range card, the next 9 slots are iron man as Kire said. Then the punisher/electro/redskull/taskmaster/falcon/black suit captain America (?) Wave. Will post photo later. There is supposed to be a Thing bigfig 3 pack too but I haven't seen that yet.

I'd really be interested in seeing the updated / upcoming sets. Thanks!

The black suit Captain America is actually Bullseye. Interested to see what the 8 Iron Man suits are in the next wave and really looking forward to the SY Iron Man lab set which should be out very soon!

Digger318s review of Future foundation is up!!

I agree human torch is a disappointment, sure transparent would have been nice but the color is so off, should be orange tone to represent burning ember, not dark red. Thanks for the review, saved me some money, was going to get a second set

So let me get this straight: Decool and Sheng Yuan both made 2 sets of Iron Man figs, and now SY is making a lab set, and Decool is making a set of 9 new IM figures. Right?

Also, not Super Heroes but does anybody know where you can buy the Decool TMNT set with the Dark Turtle and human Kraang? Has that been released?

So let me get this straight: Decool and Sheng Yuan both made 2 sets of Iron Man figs, and now SY is making a lab set, and Decool is making a set of 9 new IM figures. Right?

Also, not Super Heroes but does anybody know where you can buy the Decool TMNT set with the Dark Turtle and human Kraang? Has that been released?

Try searching on ebay or aliexpress

I'm not sure if all the new Iron Man figures are repeats / new prints of older suits or if they're new suits.

I imagine there's going to be some repetition... if so they I hope the new ones are somehow better... I'm sure they can tweak the designs or alleviate some of the printing issues.

Sheng Yuan will be an interesting one as I think to will be the first bricks they've actually created.

I've thought for a while that SY do seem to have an eye on doing something original with their stuff rather than just cloning things (although they have done that on occasion). Here's hoping they give us something really interesting.

The SY set will apparently be hitting shelves in HK sometime this week if Digger318's information is correct.

I don't think the Human torch was that bad, maybe just add the Infearno head piece from the agents line and he'll look better. I'm really curious to know how that lab set will looks. Depending on the right price I will buy it, I've been wondering where SY has been lately and now I know that they've been working on something original.I really did not know that Decool and SY are competing with each other I always thought they were working together somehow. Might pass on this Decool Ironman wave since I have too many or I may just pick up a single Tony Stark and Ironman MK 1. I'm wondering what may come after the Punisher wave.

Edited by Kire

I love that human torch figure. It would have been better if it were with black lines. But the white ones suffice.

And i am also glad it doesnt come with translucent red arms.

Just my kinda classic comicbook hero.

Btw if you have those round 1x1 tiles from the fire tribe of Chima with the flame on it; those work well for Johnny Storm in the first Fantastic Four set as a sort of Flame on! His hands on fire.

Edited by Borex

Well my Future Foundation set is ordered.

It looks like the printing on one side of Reed Richards' head is a little iffy but I'l probably switch it out to match the other one I have.

Susan Storm's head will probably get switched too as I'm going to use the one on this figure for a Black Widow custom as it matches the Christo version.

Infearno's flame headpiece is a must for Johnny Storm though.

I was poking around on aliexpress and found this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Baby-Toys-super-hero-Figures-Zhiao-5393-5398-X-men-Vs-Batman-building-blocks-Minifigures-Bricks/1924908300.html Not Decool or SY but...interesting. Three different Wolverines, Electric Batman, Arctic Batman, and Gold Batman. Oookay then.

Also found the new TMNT set! Yay!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Baby-Toys-Decool-501-508-8pcs-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Ninja-Ninjago-action-Bricks-figures-Minifigures/1945438258.html

I reeeeeally need to make another order now... :tongue:

Edited by Tolkien