KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Just finished mine.

The White Future Fondation Lantern Corp. :laugh:

bla2_by_seblebon-d7qib9b.png

Hey nice job on the FF Thing. Any build details? How did you "smooth" it out, did you add materials and then sand it down? Details, please! :)

Great job!

That Rocket Raccoon revealed today. It's going to be a lot of money online.

Sheng Yuan (or Decool), it's hero time.

We still need SDCC 2011 Batman, SDCC 2013 Spiderwoman, SDCC 2012 Black Suit spiderman before they replicate that figure. :classic:

I have always been very disappointed with my clone purchases, but after reading the favourable reviews here I took a trip into the market last night and picked up 12 Decool figures. I was blown away by the quality, it has really improved remarkably. Here's some Decool and original SDCC figures, in every case the Decool is on the left and the original is on the right. Apologies for the lighting, it's that kind of a day :sceptic:. The Decool figures come in packets of 6 and the Sheung Yuan in packets of 8. I didn't buy any SY because I've always been disappointed in them.

14488130599_1e9d2a051c_m.jpg14674793515_4447f6297f_m.jpg

Phoenix - Decool hair is a little darker, waist printing is better aligned than both of my originals, leg printing is a little smudgy, torso shadows are noticeably less well defined, face printing alignment a little off and the black lines on the face are too thick. 7.5/10

14488163138_fa6c252e83_m.jpg14694676863_4364bf5f17_m.jpg

Green Arrow - beard is a different colour, being more orange. Face mask is a brighter tone, alternative face is different. Shaded areas at the sides of the waist and thighs are not dark enough. Comes with a dark green longbow. 9/10. You should get this one, it's a no brainer. Really. just buy it.

14694677023_c607b1c91b_m.jpg14694677253_2a116299e1_m.jpg

ASM (I think) Spiderman. The eyes are nicely stippled although that doesn't show in the photo, the black lines on the head and torso are too thick, the light blue stipples on the body are too large, the spider on the front torso is too big/a different design (I can't really tell because the printing is too thick), the spider on his back is a different shade of red (possibly red printed over the blue rather than a shadowmask cut out to the red plastic base). Legs a bit floppy. 6.5/10

14488117030_9bf461441f_m.jpg14674794315_56da78af59_m.jpg

Bunch of original or stolen designs. All have slight imperfections on the headgear/hair moulds.

Batman variant 8/10 the red printing doesn't align perfectly but comes with pearl silver batarang and red batcape.

Odin 10/10 comes with Loki staff and red cape.

Wolverine variant 8/10 I don't like the face prints but no quality problems, comes with slasher hands.

Joker variant 8/10 slight definition issues on face print and slightly floppy legs

Cyclops variant 8/10 printing yellow on blue gives colour inconsistencies, same as lego.

Winter Soldier 10/10

Here is the most up to date range card:

14488488037_c001dc5221.jpg

I did not see any of the figures after 0152, nor the Fantastic 4. I did see all 3 hulks, sold as Lele, which makes me think that Decool and Lele are working together. I bought a red Hulk, which I am happy with, probably a 9/10 for slightly smudgy leg printing.

Overall I am delighted with these purchases, and I am quite tempted to buy these instead of new lego sets to get the figures. Being honest with myself, I am only collecting superhero sets for the minfigs anyway. Especially with the palaver over SDCC exclusives, these just make a lot more sense for most people. I am aware of the issues people have with buying clone figures.

HK rocks!

:classic:

Edited by robuko

That's the same seller... they added that second photo recently.

I think they've done a really good job on those Definitely upped their game and the Future Foundation Spidey isn't copied from either the Christo or the Muddy River which is surprising as the Human Torch is a clone of Legion of Minifigs version.

They've definitely copied the Black Widow Christo head there for The Invisible Girl.

Overall I am delighted with these purchases, and I am quite tempted to buy these instead of new lego sets to get the figures. Being honest with myself, I am only collecting superhero sets for the minfigs anyway. Especially with the palaver over SDCC exclusives, these just make a lot more sense for most people. I am aware of the issues people have with buying clone figures.

HK rocks!

:classic:

If you like the quality of the Decool stuff then the Sheng Yuan stuff will amaze you! I think their QC is much better and their moulds match Lego much better too.

If Sheng Yuan made a series of SDCC exclusives I think it would sell tremendously well.

They've done the NYTF figures and I don't feel the need to spend huge amounts as the £4 the 2 figures cost me look almost identical to the real thing.

If I thought it was possible I'd supply SY with the artwork for each figure myself!

That's also the first time I've seen the back of some of those figures... especially the Green Arrow... It's nice that they got the design so close. In fact... having NOT seen those I'm wondering if the designer had those figures in their possession rather then copying from Internet images.

Edited by Robianco

Funny story about clone and knockoff Lego products in general. There is a building in Billund, that houses the famous Lego vault containing every Lego set made to date, I am almost certain of. But walking around upstairs in the museum, you see the history of how Lego evolved over time, including a red car model that Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen build years ago. But later on we were taken to this semi-secret room that is filled with Chinese knockoffs and clones of Lego. I went on this tour back in 2011, but our tour guide said how hard TLG tries to eradicate Lego clones from stores, but it is a hard battle for them to win.

I found an ebay Seller with a "real world" picture of the future foundation.

14652180016_dfa233601e.jpg

Still too pricey for me : )

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27e7427cf7

My Future foundation set I ordered barely got accepted by Honk Kong postal, hopefully it'll arrive in the next two weeks to I can share some pictures with you all. :classic:

Phoenix - Decool hair is a little darker, waist printing is better aligned than both of my originals

Both of your originals? :o

I bought my first set of Decool figures this week and am generally happy with them - the only disappointment was my Shazam who seemed to be quite poorly printed.

Has anyone that has bought Decool or Sheng Yuan figures been sent the boxes when they've purchased? If so, where did you buy from?

Both of your originals? :o

Yeah. Bought individually first then got a bulk lot. I have an extra Shazam too. Quite happy to have spares :classic:

Has anyone that has bought Decool or Sheng Yuan figures been sent the boxes when they've purchased? If so, where did you buy from?

Well I bought them in the boxes, they come with cards too like Ninjago.

I've been trying to pick them up in boxes, but it's a pain. It's a nightmare trawling through Aliexpress or eBay as sellers often use boxed pictures to advertise a product that they don't supply boxed. :angry:

So far my experience hasn't been great. Most of the boxes I've received so far have been crushed in the post due to poor or no packaging. I'm still searching for a decent source of boxed figures. I'll let you know if I find one.

I can source boxed figures for you. But I am paying retail prices rather than wholesale so the end prices would not be attractive vs eBay or alipay.

I wouldn't worry too much about the boxes. They're nothing special and easily crushed as they're quite large for what they contain.

I've always just binned any boxes I've received.

I've been trying to pick them up in boxes, but it's a pain. It's a nightmare trawling through Aliexpress or eBay as sellers often use boxed pictures to advertise a product that they don't supply boxed. :angry:

So far my experience hasn't been great. Most of the boxes I've received so far have been crushed in the post due to poor or no packaging. I'm still searching for a decent source of boxed figures. I'll let you know if I find one.

Thanks. I'll gladly do the same for you.

I can source boxed figures for you. But I am paying retail prices rather than wholesale so the end prices would not be attractive vs eBay or alipay.

Thanks for the offer. I'll definitely consider it but I'm probably going to be price led on these figures.

Hey nice job on the FF Thing. Any build details? How did you "smooth" it out, did you add materials and then sand it down? Details, please! :)

Great job!

Many thanks agoodfella!

I added layer of Tamiya putty on his body and formed sculpted it with line engraver and blade :classic:

--------------------

Just finished a Thing with a movable head like the SY Hulk. :sweet:

4f1_by_seblebon-d7ra5qr.png

Edited by Sebiron

While trying to search for the Scarlet Spider figure made by Lele, I found another future foundation set at a much more reasonable price than what i paid for. http://www.ebay.com/...=item339255457a and heres a aliexpress link also http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1982009837.html in the image, apparently the Mr. Fantastic figures faces either is really bad and or just double sided, also from the looks of the spiderman there seems to be some scratches on the suit on the edges of the torso, I hope this just a bad a batch that they got.

Edited by Kire

I ordered a heap of them online and I'm quite happy with them. So apart from the Future Foundation, who's next to be released?

While trying to search for the Scarlet Spider figure made by Lele, I found another future foundation set at a much more reasonable price than what i paid for. http://www.ebay.com/...=item339255457a and heres a aliexpress link also http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1982009837.html in the image, apparently the Mr. Fantastic figures faces either is really bad and or just double sided, also from the looks of the spiderman there seems to be some scratches on the suit on the edges of the torso, I hope this just a bad a batch that they got.

I've seen some really bad photos on eBay and received perfect figures.

It's odd how little care some people take when promoting sets or taking photos!

While trying to search for the Scarlet Spider figure made by Lele, I found another future foundation set at a much more reasonable price than what i paid for. http://www.ebay.com/...=item339255457a and heres a aliexpress link also http://www.aliexpres...1982009837.html in the image, apparently the Mr. Fantastic figures faces either is really bad and or just double sided, also from the looks of the spiderman there seems to be some scratches on the suit on the edges of the torso, I hope this just a bad a batch that they got.

Nice find, it seems this set is starting to reach the distributors, i can see a few on ebay, there is no reason anybody should be paying more than $8-10 shipped for this set

Nice find, it seems this set is starting to reach the distributors, i can see a few on ebay, there is no reason anybody should be paying more than $8-10 shipped for this set

I'm guessing the reason for the price I paid on this set was high, was due to the distributors paying a higher price from their manufacturer to get a head start in selling these before everybody else acquired them.

I ordered a heap of them online and I'm quite happy with them. So apart from the Future Foundation, who's next to be released?

We're suppose to be getting a "new" Ironman wave which looks like the Sheng Yuan wave 2 since it features the gold ironman, stealth (all black) ironman, and a rerelease of the gemini suit, iron patriot, and war machine and mark VII. The only figures that are new in this set are going to be the Tony stark figure and the Ironman Mark 1 suit.

After that wave there is six spots again, which I hope is the Punisher, red Skull, Bullseye, Falcon, Taskmaster and Electro wave.

I bought a future foundation set last night, new in stock. On the range card, the next 9 slots are iron man as Kire said. Then the punisher/electro/redskull/taskmaster/falcon/black suit captain America (?) Wave. Will post photo later. There is supposed to be a Thing bigfig 3 pack too but I haven't seen that yet.

Edited by robuko

I don't know why Decool doesn't just fix the problems with their moulds. If they had moulds as good as Sheng Yuan I'd buy them.

I don't know why Decool doesn't just fix the problems with their moulds. If they had moulds as good as Sheng Yuan I'd buy them.

Are you talking about the Leg molds, surprisingly the two pegs on the legs actually hold pretty well.